A thread for dumb truths, or: Sometimes the biggest things are the little things

JMaqIsYourHeroJMaqIsYourHero Opening Act
edited September 2008 in Rock Band
I had a moment where I realized that when RB2 comes out and my original Rock Band disc finds a permanent home on a shelf, I'll probably never hear another impromptu "Loading Additional Content" glitch-remix of Seven or The Hand That Feeds. And I'd miss that fun little bit of nothing.

I then realized that no matter how true this was, it was an insanely dumb thing to bring up in public. And even realizing that, I've created this thread so that my dumb truths could graze in a pasture of pointlessness with other people's inane realizations.

A second dumb truth to start things off: Colony of Birchmen has grown on me tremendously. I've been listening to it for the drums mostly, but finally reached that point where I wanted to know the lyrics so I could connect with the song on another level. And now one of the #1 things I'm looking forward to doing in Rock Band 2 is sing-screaming "LION SLICER!!!!" with a full band of confused friends. So inexplicable. So awesome.

Comments

  • Han DaimondHan Daimond Letdown
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, I will miss that glitch remix of Day Late, Dollar Short too.

    "One, two, three, GO! --GO! --GO!"
  • PCTraitorPCTraitor Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    My nephews are going to miss the Highway Star intro video. They loved to watch it while simultaneously explaining to me that you couldn't really stand and play on top of a car that was driving that fast. They're 5 and 7 btw.

    It will probably be replaced by a video for the ACDC song.
  • RiggamanRiggaman Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    My roommate and I always make a comment about whether or not the crazy bastards on top of the car would finally die (or at least be critically injured) because of their irresponsible actions on top of cars, vans, buses, etc.

    It typically goes something like "I bet they die this time."

    That video will be missed.
  • djasedjase Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    I will miss the lovely sound as people scroll aimlessly through the songlist, only to say "you pick something" ten minutes later.

    Although that will probably still happen in RB2.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited August 2008
    I'm going to miss all of the pre-rendered band mates. Grizzly Adams, we hardly knew ye.
  • RiggamanRiggaman Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    djase;1090561 said:
    I will miss the lovely sound as people scroll aimlessly through the songlist, only to say "you pick something" ten minutes later.

    Although that will probably still happen in RB2.
    Sadly, that will always be a problem...
  • S1ckH4ndsS1ckH4nds YouTube Guru
    edited August 2008
    Runesmith;1090582 said:
    I'm going to miss all of the pre-rendered band mates. Grizzly Adams, we hardly knew ye.
    But from what I understand, they're still included as selectable pre-fab characters in RB2.

    Also, the fact that they named him "Moosejaw" and not "Grizzly Adams" is total fail. :(
  • GoldenElite0GoldenElite0 Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    I'll miss the video the most.
  • sweet-t310sweet-t310 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    "Well this is a letter, for everyone who thinks that that they know...thinks that they know...thinks that they know better"
  • Young_NastymanYoung_Nastyman Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    Pleasure! Pleasure! Pleasure! Pleasure! Pleasure! Pleasure! Pleasure!
  • TsavoTsavo Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Some people complained about the loading screen, and others (like myself) enjoyed the hell out of it. It was like my pre-show ritual. :(
  • recharge138recharge138 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, I have a standard tv. We brought my xbox to a nice hotel for a bachelor party and watched the opening video in HD...so awesome. Whenever I get HD I will pull RB1 out just to watch it again.

    Your keeping in step in step in step with the line...
  • DesiredFXDesiredFX Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    I wonder if it will still have the gear-shift in the audio.

    I always set my amp a little low for the start of RB and it comes in too quietly, but then when my information loads--which includes the instructions to use 5.1 Dolby audio--the volume jumps up significantly as the sound gets dimensional.

    To me, that's the moment when the game has actually started.

    Also, I'll miss the forever that it takes to scroll from ...And Justice for All to Zero.

    NOT.
  • shadebugshadebug Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    DesiredFX;1091033 said:

    Also, I'll miss the forever that it takes to scroll from ...And Justice for All to Zero.

    NOT.
    you don't have 3s and 7s?
  • rylinrylin Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    JMaqIsYourHero;1090380 said:
    I had a moment where I realized that when RB2 comes out and my original Rock Band disc finds a permanent home on a shelf, I'll probably never hear another impromptu "Loading Additional Content" glitch-remix of Seven or The Hand That Feeds. And I'd miss that fun little bit of nothing.

    I then realized that no matter how true this was, it was an insanely dumb thing to bring up in public. And even realizing that, I've created this thread so that my dumb truths could graze in a pasture of pointlessness with other people's inane realizations.
    Don't worry.
    We call the general feeling the Giggle Loop (edit: 02:58 and onwards).
    blah
  • DesiredFXDesiredFX Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    shadebug;1091042 said:
    you don't have 3s and 7s?
    Yeah, I do, but I couldn't remember what came first right offhand.

    Thanks for chiming in. I actually thought there was something in parentheses that came first, though...
  • DesiredFXDesiredFX Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    rylin;1091046 said:
    Don't worry.
    We call the general feeling the Giggle Loop.
    blah
    Looks more like a stack.
  • OlDaddyJokerOlDaddyJoker Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    to the parents, I gotta say the opening will be missed most. No matter where my girls were (2yr & 13month) in the DAMN house :( , here they came on the "WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!" and stand there swinging and singing for a Long Time
  • Young_NastymanYoung_Nastyman Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    DesiredFX;1091051 said:
    Yeah, I do, but I couldn't remember what came first right offhand.

    Thanks for chiming in. I actually thought there was something in parentheses that came first, though...
    . comes before 3, so ...And Justice for All is before 3's and 7's

    and ( comes before ., so (Take These) Chains is before ...And Justice for All

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Band_DLC

    sort the list by song title and you'll see what I mean
  • PCTraitorPCTraitor Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    S1ckH4nds;1090613 said:
    But from what I understand, they're still included as selectable pre-fab characters in RB2.

    Also, the fact that they named him "Moosejaw" and not "Grizzly Adams" is total fail. :(
    So funny. Everytime he shows up as our singer either my wife or I would say. "yeah right and Grizzy Adams had a beard" and the other would always say "Grizzy Adams DID have a beard"

    I guess they couldnn't use the name Grizzy Adams for copywright though.
  • kmart890kmart890 Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    djase;1090561 said:
    I will miss the lovely sound as people scroll aimlessly through the songlist, only to say "you pick something" ten minutes later.

    Although that will probably still happen in RB2.
    My friends and I just pick random song until a fun DLC song comes up. We're tired of playing on disc songs.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited August 2008
    S1ckH4nds;1090613 said:
    But from what I understand, they're still included as selectable pre-fab characters in RB2.

    Also, the fact that they named him "Moosejaw" and not "Grizzly Adams" is total fail. :(
    Aww. What a double-edged sword...hopefully, the game will give us a chance to rename the characters. Grizzly Adams is exponentially cooler than Moosejaw. The latter name does win points for originality, though.
  • DesiredFXDesiredFX Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Young_Nastyman;1091131 said:
    and ( comes before ., so (Take These) Chains is before ...And Justice for All
    So my brain ISN'T completely broken, despite laboratory reports and professional opinions.
  • DesiredFXDesiredFX Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Runesmith;1091157 said:
    Aww. What a double-edged sword...hopefully, the game will give us a chance to rename the characters. Grizzly Adams is exponentially cooler than Moosejaw. The latter name does win points for originality, though.
    I always called him Grizzly Adams, too, but I'm kind of partial to the nickname "Homeless Lumberjack."
  • recharge138recharge138 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Does the Slymenstra Hymen looking female singer have a name?
  • JMaqIsYourHeroJMaqIsYourHero Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Didn't seem worth starting a thread about, but I just recently found out that you can scroll through the songlist really quickly if you hold up/down with two controllers at once. This is very helpful for "guy who plays Vasoline every single time we play."

    Speaking of, also dumb but true: when I play Vasoline on bass it makes the vein in my fret hand jump back and forth over my metacarpals. It's like someone is tickling me from the inside and it's quite awful.

    One of these facts is more dumb than the other.....
  • shayboshaybo Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    This is a warning arning arning arning arning
  • MagicalNathanMagicalNathan Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    While I'm very happy about being able to pick members of the backup band, I will forever miss my first experience with the random game band members.

    My character, a skinny white boy vocalist with a pink emover, matched with a band of three large black women with mohawks. The contrast was hilarious.
  • spriggan1972spriggan1972 Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    djase;1090561 said:
    I will miss the lovely sound as people scroll aimlessly through the songlist, only to say "you pick something" ten minutes later.

    Although that will probably still happen in RB2.
    QFT! I think we all can relate.
  • toMsons1987toMsons1987 Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    PCTraitor;1090399 said:
    My nephews are going to miss the Highway Star intro video. They loved to watch it while simultaneously explaining to me that you couldn't really stand and play on top of a car that was driving that fast. They're 5 and 7 btw.

    It will probably be replaced by a video for the ACDC song.
    They still have something to look forward too,

    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=wdvH2O1k59A
Sign In or Register to comment.