Ps3 Players Can Play Rb2 The Same Time As Xbox 360 Players Do!

master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
edited August 2008 in Rock Band
I went to my local rock band bar night 5 blocks down the road from me last night. I was able to ask him if he was going to get rb2 and he said without a doubt they would have it the same week it comes out, but that his only worry was about the rb1 on disc songs, hoping that they let the patch to rip them comes that soon too.

But he gets all dlc every week, so even if it doesnt come right away, he has all the back up dlc to go right from the start.

The only bad thing is they still use the gh les pauls, god i hate those guitars.

Us ps3 players should look for bars or where ever that have a rock band night and make sure they are getting rb2. I know im going to be playing rock band 2 right from the get go, so im not as bothered as i was.

Also does anyone know what song im playing first? GNR, then the ratt song.


oh, yeah, almost forgot, he said that the no fail mode was going to be on all the time now, and that it would help the less talented and or drunk people play better.

another side note, 4 people went up and tried rio on expert, failed out twice, finally he said nexttttttttttt.

Comments

  • SheepStampedeSheepStampede Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    1,000 posts....then this? I'd expect more from a forum veteran. Tisk, tisk.
  • jrinckjrinck Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    I'm mega-jeal. There aren't any Rock Band bars near me. If anybody knows of any in the San Jose, CA are, let me know! :)
  • skullpitskullpit Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    That sounds awesome but yeah, too bad they're using the Les Pauls. Yuck!
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited August 2008
    wow, thats what i get for trying to help?

    yeah the gh guitars suck ass bad, i hate them, so hard to keep my fingers where they are supposed to be. i had to drop back to hard just to stay in.
  • Highlandlassie1Highlandlassie1 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Most of the PS3 owners I know would rather wait, than play on a *gasp* Xbox with Les Paul crib toys!

    And what Jrinck said.

    I am in the SF east bay area, no Rock band bars around here that I know of.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited August 2008
    jrinck;1090790 said:
    I'm mega-jeal. There aren't any Rock Band bars near me. If anybody knows of any in the San Jose, CA are, let me know! :)

    seems weird that there isnt one around in your area, i mean california? wtf? im in springfield , mo and we got several.
  • sweet-t310sweet-t310 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    I'm just planning to mooch off of friends who have 360..same difference, just with no crappy bar players who think they are good
  • skullpitskullpit Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Highlandlassie1;1090806 said:
    Most of the PS3 owners I know would rather wait, than play on a *gasp* Xbox with Les Paul crib toys!
    The system is irrelevant. I do agree on the guitars though. Though I hear that the new GHWT guitars are bigger...
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited August 2008
    Highlandlassie1;1090806 said:
    Most of the PS3 owners I know would rather wait, than play on a *gasp* Xbox with Les Paul crib toys!
    i had and loved a couple 360s and got nothing bad aginst the machine. but them dam les paul crib toys suck badly.
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    stay tuned, console war coming soon!!!!!!!!
  • jrinckjrinck Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    master2uall;1090808 said:
    seems weird that there isnt one around in your area, i mean california? wtf? im in springfield , mo and we got several.
    This is the Silicon Valley--I guess most of the nerds, dweebs, and geeks around here are too busy staring at computer screens all day and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements. ;) No time to rock.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited August 2008
    sweet-t310;1090821 said:
    I'm just planning to mooch off of friends who have 360..same difference, just with no crappy bar players who think they are good
    they players that come there are actually pretty regular players and most play on expert, and there are alot of expert women players that come tere too, hotties.

    but after a few beers some cant play as well as others, hes got a sweet setup too. a plasma for each person, and several on the walls and a projector for the crowd.
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited August 2008
    Les paul=Best Guitar Controller ever.
    Strat-Wierd SP activation issues so i dont use unless i dont care what score i get.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited August 2008
    Cubecubed;1090912 said:
    Les paul=Best Guitar Controller ever.
    Strat-Wierd SP activation issues so i dont use unless i dont care what score i get.
    i never have a problem with my OVERDRIVE (or what i call it FIRE POWER) i just hit the select button and thats that.
  • Captain Zepp 07Captain Zepp 07 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    master2uall;1090770 said:
    Also does anyone know what song im playing first? GNR, then the ratt song.
    My guess is a definite NO, sorry. To say Vet of you, i would hope you would have learned that you got to play the game for a while before unlocking said songs, which means easy-hard. THWART! Just busting your balls dude, no biggie
  • umainebearmanumainebearman Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Cubecubed;1090912 said:
    Les paul=Best Guitar Controller ever.
    Strat-Wierd SP activation issues so i dont use unless i dont care what score i get.
    Yep exactly right. Not to mention the squish strum bar and unreliable up strum.


    I kinda wish there was a RB bar around here in Savannah. I never miss an oppertunity to make a fool of myself in public. :D

    However I don't see in the OP how PS3 players will be able to play RB2 the same time as 360 owners. DLC is just a song NOT the game.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited August 2008
    Captain Zepp 07;1090962 said:
    My guess is a definite NO, sorry. To say Vet of you, i would hope you would have learned that you got to play the game for a while before unlocking said songs, which means easy-hard. THWART! Just busting your balls dude, no biggie

    this is the guys machine he plays with, im sure since it comes out that sunday, i wont get to play it til the next sunday, and that would give him all week to play and unlock all songs so that his customers will not be let down. this is a big thing at this bar.
  • redbillredbill Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    great post.

    summary: PS3 players can play RB2 same time as xbox players, by playing on an Xbox...

    you should work for HMX... I'm sure your cross-platform expertise would be valuable to them...
  • ftmsanchezftmsanchez Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    Have I stepped into bizarro world?

    I've never seen a thread with more praise for Strats than LPs on here before.

    Not saying you're wrong/right, I like all my guitars equally, but I've never seen such things said.
  • rylinrylin Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    master2uall;1090799 said:
    wow, thats what i get for trying to help?
    No, that's what you get for making yourself universally hated by everyone on these forums.
    Your spamming, along with your lines of reasoning, combined with the fact that you're supposed to be a forum veteran makes people annoyed.
  • BT67BT67 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    rylin;1091023 said:
    No, that's what you get for making yourself universally hated by everyone on these forums.
    Your spamming, along with your lines of reasoning, combined with the fact that you're supposed to be a forum veteran makes people annoyed.
    QFT..............................
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited August 2008
    Remember when i said ask enough stupid questions and you'll get stupid answers even when you're serious? well... this thread is a good example except this isnt a stupid question... its a stupid thread...
  • LZ_69LZ_69 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    The title of the thread is a little missleading! I though it was news that RB2 PS3 was going to release at the same time as the 360 version.

    So basically what OP is saying is that I can go and play RB2 at my local bar, BestBuy, Walmart, Gamestop?! Boy!! I never thought of that!:rolleyes:
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited August 2008
    god you guys make me laugh so hard, whatever, while your sitting there wishing you could play it, i will be playing it on an awesome machine. and with good friends and getting hammered at the same time.
  • HisanHisan Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    master2uall;1091215 said:
    god you guys make me laugh so hard, whatever, while your sitting there wishing you could play it, i will be playing it on an awesome machine. and with good friends and getting hammered at the same time.

    Is this like the previously-mentioned playing of the game on a TV that is upside-down while giving a reach-around, gargling, and singing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game"?


    I'll be playing it, too! Though sober, most likely.
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited August 2008
    umainebearman;1090981 said:
    Yep exactly right. Not to mention the squish strum bar and unreliable up strum.


    I kinda wish there was a RB bar around here in Savannah. I never miss an oppertunity to make a fool of myself in public. :D

    However I don't see in the OP how PS3 players will be able to play RB2 the same time as 360 owners. DLC is just a song NOT the game.
    dont get me started on the upstrum.....
    however in the looks dept. nothing beats the Strat,tho the the strat 2 looks pretty sexy.
  • MexMex Mex Type Thing
    edited August 2008
    Yeah I'll just play it on my friends 360 when they get it. The bar idea is valid, but how many people on these forums are under age? Or do they just let anyone in?
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited August 2008
    Mex;1091384 said:
    Yeah I'll just play it on my friends 360 when they get it. The bar idea is valid, but how many people on these forums are under age? Or do they just let anyone in?
    My wife is only 20 and she gets in all the time.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited August 2008
    Well it does help that shes super hot too! and yes, im a dirty old man

    just thought of it, i like my women like i like my music, 20 years old. lol
  • MexMex Mex Type Thing
    edited August 2008
    master2uall;1091393 said:
    My wife is only 20 and she gets in all the time.
    Well she's a girl and ALMOST of age in the US, so that doesn't surprise me. I'm talking about the rest of the underage players. You know the ones that are around 15, 16 years old. There's plenty of them.
Sign In or Register to comment.