Moving Pictures - Technical Difficulty

edited August 2008 in Rock Band
Hey all,

Just so you know - we know that Rush's "Moving Pictures" isn't up yet. There is a technical difficulty that is being worked out. I'll alert you when it is all clear.

EDIT - I am also having technical difficulties. It's late. I meant "Moving Pictures" and edited to reflect that.

EDIT 2 - Please check out the following post in the Announcement forum for the most recent update.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1109668#post1109668

Comments

• sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited August 2008
    Rhystic_1;1095246 said:
    Because it pwns too much? Agreed :D
    No, because it's instrumental, and since it's the 1st instrumental song in the game, it was meant to have bugs with it. ie: The singers who'll just stand on stage, doing nothing.
  • JixzerJixzer Hillbilly Deluxe
    edited August 2008
    moneyp;1095282 said:
    Never has a band's name seemed so bitterly ironic.
    Best post ever!!
  • Legg2121Legg2121 Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    This whole situation kinda reminds me of this:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2003/01/29/

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in my room.
  • epb2001epb2001 Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Legg2121;1095298 said:
    This whole situation kinda reminds me of this:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2003/01/29/

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in my room.
    I prefer Jeff K's comics.

http://www.somethingawful.com/hosted/jeffk/muchbettarthanpa/index.htm
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    I know I haven't been posting on these forums as much as I used to, but I had to come over here and see what was going on with the Moving Pictures album. YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY, DON'T YOU HARMONIX???? They're f***ing with us! I swear!!! Of all weeks to have a technical difficulty, is on one of the greatest (IMO) weeks of DLC? RAAAWWRRGGHH!!!!!1!1 *gets carried off to an insane asylum* Way to go HMX. The wait literally is driving me insane!! [/randomsillynesspost]
  • SwivleSwivle Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    moneyp;1095282 said:
    Never has a band's name seemed so bitterly ironic.
    HA! Awesome. And so horribley true...
    Maybe it had something to do with the YYZ being an instrumental?
    Maybe they're still working out the kinks of this new instrumental-friendly system?
  • osteofightosteofight Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    y'know it's a good PR strategy to release some good news to take our minds off of the technical difficulties (*cough*six albums*cough*).
  • ham736ham736 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    i think they should release rock band dlc on thursdays for all systems for a month, just to make you xbox 360 users see how much anticipation we PS3 users have while waiting.
  • SwivleSwivle Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    osteofight;1095323 said:
    y'know it's a good PR strategy to release some good news to take our minds off of the technical difficulties (*cough*six albums*cough*).
    VERY true.
    "Hey everyone, look! Master of Puppets! Back In Black!"

Hell, it'd work on me...temporarily...
  • only1yzermanonly1yzerman Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    For those of you still waiting - this video should make you laugh for about 10-15 minutes.
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/29129/late-night-with-conan-obrien-triumph-at-comic-con-8108#s-p1-st-i1

I know its not as good as Rush which is why I offer this as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSVrWcLuu5o
    edited August 2008
    Swivle;1095335 said:
    VERY true.
    "Hey everyone, look! Master of Puppets! Back In Black!"

Hell, it'd work on me...temporarily...
    it'd work on us all for a matter of fact......then when this weeks dlc comes out nobody will. i however, don't care for rush, but that is my personal opinion, i don't want to start a war between the rush likers and haters. GIVE PEACE A CHANCE!:)
  • stickshadystickshady Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Thanx for the heads up sean. I was scared when I got up and it wasnt up on marketplace.
  • agentnncagentnnc Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    This is total BS, I just woke up (hoping to play Rush after a terrible day yesterday) and now this. Of all of the weeks to have problems they have to be the one week I wanted to download some songs (The last time I downloaded something was.....before summer).

As for the idea of master of puppets/back in black, If Harmonix would announce it, I'd forgive Harmonix and then run down the street yelling the good news so everyone would know. XD
  • edited August 2008
    stickshady;1095375 said:
    Thanx for the heads up sean. I was scared when I got up and it wasnt up on marketplace.
    He's just making up for being the one who spilled beer on the DLC server. :D
  • anthony.kianvaranthony.kianvar Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    It's a bit different today. It's like if I gave you $20 once a week every Tuesday at 5:00 a.m. and then one week I have a problem getting the money together but I tell you that you'll get your money as soon as I can. It's a mild irritant, but you know that all will be well if you are patient. Eventually you will get your $20.
    ham736;1095327 said:
    i think they should release rock band dlc on thursdays for all systems for a month, just to make you xbox 360 users see how much anticipation we PS3 users have while waiting.
    That is being asinine. The 2 day wait period compared to a delay is not similar at all. XBOX owners now have a wait past their scheduled DLC release. PS3 owners probably still will get their DLC on time (Thursday) this week since they are working it out on XBOX Live.
    edited August 2008
    Der_Lex;1095384 said:
    He's just making up for being the one who spilled beer on the DLC server. :D
    (long gasp) NO HE DIDN'T!
  • FlybirdFlybird Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Seriouly, of ALL the times to f*** up...

Ugh
  • FennzFennz Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    This is not cool. My connection sucks so it'll take about a half an hour for the songs to download. I have to go pick up my schedule for school this year so I was hoping to have it start downloading before I left and have it ready when I get back. Not today.
    edited August 2008
    anthony.kianvar;1095385 said:
    It's a bit different today. It's like if I gave you $20 once a week every Tuesday at 5:00 a.m. and then one week I have a problem getting the money together but I tell you that you'll get your money as soon as I can. It's a mild irritant, but you know that all will be well if you are patient. Eventually you will get your $20.

That is being asinine. The 2 day wait period compared to a delay is not similar at all. XBOX owners now have a wait past their scheduled DLC release. PS3 owners probably still will get their DLC on time (Thursday) this week since they are working it out on XBOX Live.
    i was just joking around, a few weeks back, there was some awesome dlc coming, but sony had some problems and it didn't get released until friday afternoon. so i guess you could say were even. friends?
  • Legion37Legion37 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    [QUOTE=Originally Posted by Der_Lex
    He's just making up for being the one who spilled beer on the DLC server. [/QUOTE]

thats a party foul! who the hell spills beer! His ass better shotgun two and make up for that lameness.

Spilling beer...I never...
  • TralfmadorianTralfmadorian Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    No Moving Pictures before work makes me a sad panda.

:(
  • Rhystic_1Rhystic_1 Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Let's hope they will fix this damn problem ASAP...:(
  • Mr. TateMr. Tate Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Quick question: is Tuesday the day the Xbox marketplace gets updated? If so, can it be re-updated or will the entire album be uploaded next week?
  • KathotarKathotar Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    Is it going to be today at least? :(
  • Bang CamaroBang Camaro Banned
    edited August 2008
    I really think they should consider just releasing Moving Pictures NEXT week and give us some other DLC that's ready to go.
  • logicalnoiselogicalnoise Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Mr. Tate;1095411 said:
    Quick question: is Tuesday the day the Xbox marketplace gets updated? If so, can it be re-updated or will the entire album be uploaded next week?
    If XBL staff is in the office then XBL can be updated.
  • BenjirachiBenjirachi Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    I agree with Bang Camaro I'm in a Queen or Panic at the Disco mood.....
  • Nileppez DelNileppez Del Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    they should fix this soon. i bet it has to do with album bandwith and there not ready foer it.
  • anthony.kianvaranthony.kianvar Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    ham736;1095399 said:
    i was just joking around, a few weeks back, there was some awesome dlc coming, but sony had some problems and it didn't get released until friday afternoon. so i guess you could say were even. friends?
    I apologize... it's sometime hard to read intonation and humor through text
  • KathotarKathotar Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    We should get Tom Sawyer and/or Limelight for free for this.

Or Permanent Waves >_>
This discussion has been closed.