A year of DLC...

anthony.kianvaranthony.kianvar Rising Star
edited August 2008 in Your Ultimate Setlist
I posted near the beginning of the stickied "Congratulations!" thread's conception. Since then I have been asking myself the same question I ask you all now... What would you do if you could decide what everyone would download for a year?

The following is what I would do... Let me know how you would handle it.

Week 1: John Mayer Pack 01
1. Something's Missing – John Mayer Trio [Try!, 2005]
2. Another Kind of Green – John Mayer Trio [Try!, 2005]
3. Bigger Than My Body – John Mayer [Heavier Things, 2003]
4. Neon – John Mayer [Room for Squares, 2001]

Week 2: Southern Rock Pack 01
1. Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd [(pronounced 'lĕh-'n

Comments

• kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited August 2008
    [QUOTE=anthony.kianvar;1095198]We already have the stickied "Congratulations!" thread...

I posted near the beginning of it's conception and since then have been asking myself the same question I ask you all now... What would you do if you could decide what everyone would download for a year?

The following is what I would do... Let me know how you would handle it.

Week 2: Southern Rock Pack 01
    1. Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd [(pronounced 'lĕh-'n
  • troywhalentroywhalen Banned
    edited August 2008
    I've seen way better threads than this
  • toph509toph509 Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    Definitely a good list.

I'm praying to Jeebus that I get some of my requests.

"If You Could Only See" - Tonic
    "Brain Stew" - Green Day
    "December" Collective Soul

Anything Incubus or Muse.

Please please please!
  • cmb7869cmb7869 Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    I don't know half these songs but they are interesting. A good mix of decades and genres. The Earth, Wind & Fire ones would be very fun!
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited August 2008
    Some really good stuff there, but where the hell is band A,B,C, etc. that I like??!

How could you not know to include them?? :D
  • anthony.kianvaranthony.kianvar Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    troywhalen;1095332 said:
    I've seen way better threads than this
    That's great feedback, really appreciate your insight...
    cmb7869;1095368 said:
    I don't know half these songs but they are interesting. A good mix of decades and genres. The Earth, Wind & Fire ones would be very fun!
    That was really my goal.

I think that HMX has done a great job with DLC thus far because of not only the great singles that they have released, but also because of the hidden gems and curveballs.

Bullets and Guns remains one of my favorite tracks and though I wouldn't have picked Jimmy Buffet as an artist for Rock Band, the three re-recorded classics are a blast at parties.

That's what I modeled my DLC after, but I'm still curious to see what you guys would do...
  • Bang CamaroBang Camaro Banned
    edited August 2008
    Uh... why the hell did you put That Smell in a comedy pack? Do you even know what that song's about???
    edited August 2008
    Bang Camaro;1095425 said:
    Uh... why the hell did you put That Smell in a comedy pack? Do you even know what that song's about???
    It's a song about the consequences of drug abuse. I as well as many others just can't take the song seriously because of the chorus...

OOOOh THAT SMELL!!
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited August 2008
    anthony.kianvar;1095478 said:
    It's a song about the consequences of drug abuse. I as well as many others just can't take the song seriously because of the chorus...

OOOOh THAT SMELL!!
    Yeah, I laugh any time I hear that chorus too.

Can't ya smell that smell?! :p
  • KingofQUEEN92KingofQUEEN92 Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    Nice choice with the Queen album. Not because of WWRY or WATC but because of all of the rest of the songs.
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited August 2008
    anthony.kianvar;1095198 said:

Week 50: Full Album – Linkin Park [Hybrid Theory, 2000]
    1. Papercut
    2. One Step Closer (Included in RB2)
    3. With You
    4. Points of Authority
    5. Crawling
    6. Runaway
    7. By Myself
    8. In the End
    9. A Place for My Head
    10. Forgotten
    11. Cure for the Itch
    12. Pushing Me Away

Week 52: Muse Pack 01
    1. Knights of Cydonia – Muse [Black Holes And Revelations, 2006]
    2. Stockholm Syndrome – Muse [Absolution, 2003]
    3. Supermassive Black Hole – Muse [Black Holes And Revelations, 2006]
    4. Citizen Erased – Muse [Origin Of Symmetry, 2001]
    5. Exo-Politics – Muse [Black Holes And Revelations, 2006]
    6. Dying Thoughts Of An Atheist – Muse [Absolution, 2003]
    This is the Seller.

MAJOR Props for adding the Hybrid Theory Album. I know that would be a fun album to play!

Muse is awesome. i Give you props on #3. awesome song!
    edited August 2008
    BuRn7 CaK3;1096428 said:
    This is the Seller.

MAJOR Props for adding the Hybrid Theory Album. I know that would be a fun album to play!

Muse is awesome. i Give you props on #3. awesome song!
    I inserted Muse mainly for appeasement. I love Muse, but I don't have them as high on my list as Queen or The Beatles.

If you don't mind going back with me to 2000 (I was 12), Hybrid Theory was actually the first album I ever bought, so it has a special place in my heart. Really there for sentiment more than anything. *tear*
  • xXPM5KXxxXPM5KXx Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Pretty good list...but putting Hanson which is a pop band (not pop-rock, just pop), into rock band or the power rangers theme song, is pretty ridiculous..
    Ide probably get at least half of those packs though
  • sitbooboositsitbooboosit Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    Good way to end the year.
  • SnitskySnitsky Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    If you were in charge of RBs DLC songs I would go back to hating RB and throw my RB drums out of my window and then go outside and beat the **** out of them with a sledgehammer and then spam the crap out of the RB forums untill they ban me for excessive cussing and spamming lol
    edited August 2008
    Snitsky;1101473 said:
    If you were in charge of RBs DLC songs I would go back to hating RB and throw my RB drums out of my window and then go outside and beat the **** out of them with a sledgehammer and then spam the crap out of the RB forums untill they ban me for excessive cussing and spamming lol
    Wow, thank you for your honesty... though I'm slightly curious as to why my choices would invoke such anger (followed by laughter)
  • schmeankmanschmeankman Headliner
    edited August 2008
    I like it... But my main concern is;

"OMG IT IS TEH 2 MUCH JAWN MAYOR!!!11!!!"
  • BubBub Generic Person
    edited August 2008
    Theres a lot on that list I'd buy.
  • AgentespioAgentespio Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    I can't say I wouldn't buy most of those.

And I feel the same way about Hybrid Theory - it was one of the first albums I've ever bought and I would totally buy it for pure nostalgia.
    edited August 2008
    Agentespio;1102769 said:
    I can't say I wouldn't buy most of those.

And I feel the same way about Hybrid Theory - it was one of the first albums I've ever bought and I would totally buy it for pure nostalgia.
    I know that this is a bit off topic, but Hybrid Theory was really my first soiree in modern rock (outside of radio). Up until that point I listened to some truly great albums through hand-me-down cassettes like Nirvana's Nevermind (My true first record), Queen's News of the World, Jimi Hendrix's Are You Experienced, Eric Clapton's Slow Hand, Aerosmith's MTV Unplugged, and Yes's Fragile.

Until Hybrid Theory though I had not made a monetary investment in the music, meaning if I didn't like the album it wouldn't be that big of a loss. The cash investment gave me a reason past simple appreciation to try to connect with the music on another level. It really harped on my pre-teen angst and isolationism and gave me an outlet for those emotions. Now I realize that In The End, Points of Authority, and Crawling are NOT masterpieces, but they still hold special meaning to me for these reasons.
  • TimeSplitterTimeSplitter Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    I would buy a lot of that stuff. However there needs to be Blink 182, the Eagles and Meat Loaf in there somewhere... Also if we ever get a Smashing Pumpkins pack I really want it to include Mayonaise.
    edited August 2008
    TimeSplitter;1103528 said:
    I would buy a lot of that stuff. However there needs to be Blink 182, the Eagles and Meat Loaf in there somewhere... Also if we ever get a Smashing Pumpkins pack I really want it to include Mayonaise.
    I didn't know what Meatloaf songs would go well... I thought about Bat Outta Hell, Two Out Of Three Aint Bad, and I Would Do Anything For Love. Really though you would have to pull a NIN and chart piano to guitar. *bleh*

Blink-182 was a flub for me, I would have loved anything off of enema of the state, take off your pants and jacket, or dude ranch.

Eagles are GH exclusive. One could dream though