Harmonix to deliver big announce at tomorrow's PAX panel!

vengveng HMX Alumni
edited August 2008 in Announcements
That's right! Stay tuned for a big PAX announcement tomorrow during their panel from the Harmonix team! What's it going to be? You'll find out tomorrow afternoon! :)

Comments

• hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    Thom1234;1130950 said:
    20 free songs is no big announcement: we've all seen the leaked list and it seems too plausible not to be real. I hope to God that it's more than the 20 free songs/ predicted awful DLC or else Harmonix are practically begging for a backlash. Obviously the albums would have been a great announcement, but MTV and EW had to screw that up royally. Announcements, sure. Big announcements, hell no.
    I agree, I have a feeling it's going to be something more than any of us know right now.

Maybe a new game that they're working on?
  • TwitchtheDjTwitchtheDj Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    HUGE announcement =

20 DLC tracks revealed

RB2 OFFICIAL release dates (at least for NTSC)

and, drum roll please...

Nirvana's Nevermind DLC tuesday! (jk, maybe) but seriously the DLC for tuesday has to be huge, maybe something metallica related
  • seinmanseinman Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    The panel starts at 1 pm Pacific and is 90 minutes long. Therefore, it ends at 2:30 pm Pacific, which is 5:30 pm Eastern.
    edited August 2008
    seinman;1130967 said:
    The panel starts at 1 pm Pacific and is 90 minutes long. Therefore, it ends at 2:30 pm Pacific, which is 5:30 pm Eastern.
    Man, work is going to totally drag tomorrow while I wait for 5:30 to roll around.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited August 2008
    seinman;1130967 said:
    *bows* Thank you.
  • LemonikLemonik Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    TheRedneck38;1130857 said:
    wouldnt having a DLC list for the rest of the year be amazing?
    No, the speculation and excitement of the unknown is awesome.
  • rockbandrocker123321rockbandrocker123321 Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    20 free DLC? New Feature yet to be revealed? (GHWT music creator competitor)

um.....yeah!
    I am on the other side of the world (vacation) so the time change is wierd and when I wake up tomorrow morining it will be like 4 or 5 or 6 o clock PM in Boston MASS. Hopefully I can go on and see the forums crowded!
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    JTStevens;1130961 said:
    I agree, I have a feeling it's going to be something more than any of us know right now.

Maybe a new game that they're working on?
    Probably not. HMX have failed to surprise since RB1 was announced. There's nothing more to now about RB2. We're 99.9% sure of the Nerdcore DLC (I hate this phrase but: Epic Fail.) That leaked list will be confirmed for 20 free DLC. I doubt HMX have bothered to get any big bands signed up that we don't know of. I smell Epic screw-ups and a huge backlash.
  • MethodisMethodis Banned
    edited August 2008
    I just don't want anything Rock Band related. You're on a panel of Harmonix History, make something of that damn history and rejuvinitalize the two games that are still your most beloved and best, Frequency and Amplitude.

Maybe a PSN re-release. I would go out and buy a PS3 right now if you said those were coming.

But no point getting my hopes up. Us Freq's can only take "We don't really care about you guys" so much from HMX staff :/
    edited August 2008
    Thom1234;1131006 said:
    Probably not. HMX have failed to surprise since RB1 was announced. There's nothing more to now about RB2. We're 99.9% sure of the Nerdcore DLC (I hate this phrase but: Epic Fail.) That leaked list will be confirmed for 20 free DLC. I doubt HMX have bothered to get any big bands signed up that we don't know of. I smell Epic screw-ups and a huge backlash.
    I hope you're wrong but I guess we'll see.
    edited August 2008
    JTStevens;1131025 said:
    I hope you're wrong but I guess we'll see.
    I hope I'm wrong but HMX shouldn't promise what aren't going to deliver (no that isn't a reference to the MP fiasco, but sort of refers to the Nevermind Fiasco. EDIT: Oh yeah and the Metallica fiasco. Covering their entire catalogue my ass, HMX, at least the asses at Actvision are actually trying.)
  • ham736ham736 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    i think its going to be next weeks dlc, the 20 free dlc, and a set date of all the rock band 2 releases. after that, anything bigger than that would be too epic for the internet to handle, thus sending it into the a crash of the rock band servers. but with the rock band 2 announcement at e3, there wasn't any speculation at all. nothing like what we are posting in.
  • pinata242pinata242 Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    FWIW, The Offspring is playing in Seattle on 9/1. We know they have more coming to RB and they'll be in the area already. Wouldn't be surprised if they ended the 90-minute HMX panel with a 30-minute concert of 6 or 7 songs.

Plus, the speculation thread was originally "mis"titled 9/1 instead of 9/2.

"Conspiracy (of One) Theory" indeed ;)
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited August 2008
    Awesome, can't wait for the news
  • Runa216Runa216 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    20 free DLC....Id put money on it if I had any.
  • SteveMegaSteveMega Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    I know it'd be pointless announcing it in Seattle but... Rock Band 2 Europe release date maybe?
  • espherespher Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Conspiracy theorists, start your engines.

Hmm. Seattle indeed.
  • m85021m85021 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Is this streamed live anywhere ?
    edited August 2008
    Nah, it's been confirmed now. There's a thread on the forums now that confirms the stupid frickin' PAX pack and the Offspring (which is awesome.)
  • RealMessiahRealMessiah Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    dgiles79;1130855 said:
    What could be left for them to announce? The 20 free RB2 tracks? Maybe some feature that has yet to be revealed. Who knows, but i'm sure the forums will be full of wild speculation! lol
    Maybe that the game has been pushed up to the 8th rather than the 15th?
  • Zero3ffectZero3ffect Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Well it has been discovered that next weeks DLC will be a PAX 3-pack and an Offspring 3-pack as Microsoft jumped the gun and have it shown on the dashboard ads. See here. I'm guessing they will be revealing what the 20 free DLC tracks are going to be. On that note, I've always had a conspiracy theory that we will get to choose 20 tracks from all of the currently available DLC but obviously that would suck for someone who purchased all of it already.
  • AKKAKK Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    They got Metallica back from those bastards at Activision?

Please? I need more Metallica in my Rock Band.
    edited August 2008
    Zero3ffect;1131191 said:
    Well it has been discovered that next weeks DLC will be a PAX 3-pack and an Offspring 3-pack as Microsoft jumped the gun and have it shown on the dashboard ads. See here. I'm guessing they will be revealing what the 20 free DLC tracks are going to be. On that note, I've always had a conspiracy theory that we will get to choose 20 tracks from all of the currently available but obviously that would suck for someone who purchased all of it already.
    20 free DLC has been leaked. I sort of feel sorry for HMX amongst this epic sprawl of failures.
    edited August 2008
    AKK;1131193 said:
    They got Metallica back from those bastards at Activision?

Please? I need more Metallica in my Rock Band.
    Metallica are Activisions bitches. RB won't be seeing them after Battery I'm guessing.
  • TimeSplitterTimeSplitter Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Thom1234;1131199 said:
    20 free DLC has been leaked. I sort of feel sorry for HMX amongst this epic sprawl of failures.
    Do you have a link to these "leaked" 20 free DLC?
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited August 2008
    HMXveng;1130814 said:
    That's right! Stay tuned for a big PAX announcement tomorrow during their panel from the Harmonix team! What's it going to be? You'll find out tomorrow afternoon! :)
    Oh, how I wish your avatar was an indication to what they were going to announce, haha.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    What a teaser! Can't wait to see what the announcement ends up being. Maybe the 20 Free DLC songs for Rock Band 2? After the album announcements, I don't know how they could top it!
  • HuckleCatHuckleCat Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    TimeSplitter;1131218 said:
    Do you have a link to these "leaked" 20 free DLC?
    http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/35589/t1224251-20-free-dlc-possibly-leaked/

Who knows if it's legit or not, we'll see.
  • Minkus75smnMinkus75smn Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    ok i was just on my xbox dashboard and an ad came up as PAX announcement and one of the packs was The Offspring With pretty fly for a white guy lol. so id bet that the offspring are having a good pack next week.( i didnt see the other songs all it said was "pretty fly" under offsrping.
  • PromiseNothingPromiseNothing Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    Why the hell does everyone hope it's DLC related?

WORLDWIDE RELEASE DATES PLEASE!
This discussion has been closed.