Harmonix to deliver big announce at tomorrow's PAX panel!

Comments

• DethBoxxDethBoxx Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Beatles masters are useable, don't spread misinformation.
  • gavin37396gavin37396 Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    I'm going to guess that the announcement is going to include what songs can be exported from the RB1 disk. I'm sure there will be more then this, but I think it will be included. We are most likely only 2 weeks away from RB2 launch
  • sweet-t310sweet-t310 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Is there going to be a live stream anywhere?
  • sidman69sidman69 Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    HyeJinx1984;1130842 said:
    Oh wait, it's in Seattle? some genius told me it was in L.A.

Wait... it's in Seattle...?

Seattle...

*gears start turning...*

*turning...*

*turning....*

*turning...*

GOD!! What could the big announcement possibly be?!?!

well i am gonna go on a limb here and say that the theme song from the tv show fraser will be released as DLC!
  • Kyle47Kyle47 Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    sidman69;1131470 said:
    well i am gonna go on a limb here and say that the theme song from the tv show fraser will be released as DLC!
    Oh, God. I never thought of that... I hope so!
  • CassiussCassiuss Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    UHm, I can't wait until tomorrow cause I'm busy in teh RLs, just PM it to me k.

Thx HMX <3

:D
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Damn guys 20 free songs! They are free, I'd prefer them to be awesome too but hey they are free! & the PAX DLC doesn't look to exciting but it is for Charity so even if u never playem it's $3 to a good cause, one week of chaos = fans turn on HMX, ridiculus!
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited August 2008
    Why do I get the feeling this whole "Its the Beatles" thing is gonig to turn into another Nevermind?
  • BathTubBathTub Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Right because people making up crap about the beatles is totally the same as the Nevermind thing.
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    I've been saying 20 free DLC all along, but I never knew this thing was in Seattle!

Look I know it's been covered over and over again, but if we're ever getting that album with a naked baby swimming, it's the perfect setting. Hopes just went up by about 10%
  • DzhokharDzhokhar Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    My money's on official release dates. Or at least the Xbox360 release date will be part of the announcement.
  • BillLaurenBillLauren Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    I think it will be the 20 Free DLC and release dates.
  • foolosophyfoolosophy Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    "Big announce"? Methinks it'll be something no one expects. Either incredibly overwhelming and builds on the joy that the 6 album announcement delivered. Or incredibly underwhelming and continues the downward spiral of "non-announcements" and mis-communication.
  • BathTubBathTub Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    Maybe release dates for Rock Band 1!
  • PromiseNothingPromiseNothing Opening Act
    edited August 2008
    BathTub;1131635 said:
    Maybe release dates for Rock Band 1!
    In all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me because it's always something I don't need haha.
  • StahlbrandStahlbrand Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    Thom1234;1130950 said:
    20 free songs is no big announcement: we've all seen the leaked list and it seems too plausible not to be real. I hope to God that it's more than the 20 free songs/ predicted awful DLC or else Harmonix are practically begging for a backlash. Obviously the albums would have been a great announcement, but MTV and EW had to screw that up royally. Announcements, sure. Big announcements, hell no.
    Probably not. HMX have failed to surprise since RB1 was announced. There's nothing more to now about RB2. We're 99.9% sure of the Nerdcore DLC (I hate this phrase but: Epic Fail.) That leaked list will be confirmed for 20 free DLC. I doubt HMX have bothered to get any big bands signed up that we don't know of. I smell Epic screw-ups and a huge backlash.
    I hope I'm wrong but HMX shouldn't promise what aren't going to deliver (no that isn't a reference to the MP fiasco, but sort of refers to the Nevermind Fiasco. EDIT: Oh yeah and the Metallica fiasco. Covering their entire catalogue my ass, HMX, at least the asses at Actvision are actually trying.)
    Nah, it's been confirmed now. There's a thread on the forums now that confirms the stupid frickin' PAX pack and the Offspring (which is awesome.)
    20 free DLC has been leaked. I sort of feel sorry for HMX amongst this epic sprawl of failures.

Hey, dude. Of all the spamming crybabies and whiners that have dragged this place down in the last two weeks, you take the cake.

Oooh they release music I don't like, epic fail, BACKLASH BACKLASH BACKLASH.

You've made the ignore list, actually you're the first name I've had to put in it here. Your profile says your 14, and I suggest that the world at large has such a low opinion of young teenagers is the fault of people like you.
  • DroosiesDroosies Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    Thom1234;1131041 said:
    I hope I'm wrong but HMX shouldn't promise what aren't going to deliver (no that isn't a reference to the MP fiasco, but sort of refers to the Nevermind Fiasco. EDIT: Oh yeah and the Metallica fiasco. Covering their entire catalogue my ass, HMX, at least the asses at Actvision are actually trying.)
    Are you out of your mind? A bunch of idiots misreading a quote by an HMX employee is not Harmonix's fault. As for Metallica, you're joking right? They announced it. That means it's coming. May be next week, next month, or next year, but it's coming. Hell, if I were in Harmonix's shoes, I'd be holding off all my Metallica until the GH:Metallica debut and then BAM! 20-pack. Or are you talking about Death Magnetic being released on GH. Well I've listened to Day That Never Comes and My Apocalypse and I'm not impressed at all. They can keep those songs if the entire album is like that. Also...how exactly are they "trying"? You get 1 good Metallica song on GH. We have 4 already on RB. As for GH:M, I'll hold off on that until I see the playlist. I was greatly disappointed with the GH:A set list.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited August 2008
    BathTub;1131593 said:
    Right because people making up crap about the beatles is totally the same as the Nevermind thing.
    So far it looks that way. News story broke a while back saying that both were looking to bid on the Beatles, and now there's a big annoucement.

And the last few pages have been different reasons why the Beatles would be the obvious annoucement.

Hence, very similiar. One comment now about to be comlpetely spun out of control. And everybody will be disappointed when it's not earthshaking and universe shattering.
  • RenrockRenrock Too bland to be banned
    edited August 2008
    dady5000;1131382 said:
    Well, I hope it's the 20 free DLC which I hope will work with RB1 So I can play them before RB2 on PS3 comes out. :D

The 20 "free" DLC only exists because they rushed the 360 release to get it out a month earlier.

Since it was originally intended to be on the actual disc , there's a good chance it'll just be on the actual PS3 disc to begin with.
    edited August 2008
    dady5000;1131382 said:
    Well, I hope it's the 20 free DLC which I hope will work with RB1 So I can play them before RB2 on PS3 comes out. :D
    Is there a source on this? I've heard this 'will work on the ps3' thing twice now, it would certainly seem to me that the DLC would work with both systems, or less likely neither. But is there anything substantial to support the idea that it would work on one console and not the other?
  • zerofanzerofan Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    I have no idea what other surprises are in store for us...will they be doing Box Sets soon!!!!
  • HisanHisan Rising Star
    edited August 2008
    Stahlbrand;1131695 said:
    Is there a source on this? I've heard this 'will work on the ps3' thing twice now, it would certainly seem to me that the DLC would work with both systems, or less likely neither. But is there anything substantial to support the idea that it would work on one console and not the other?
    I was under the impression that these 20 songs belonged to RB2 and were for whatever reason being offered as free DLC. If so, then there would be no way for someone to play them in RB1, right?
  • MethodisMethodis Banned
    edited August 2008
    please dont be rock band related.
    edited August 2008
    Hisan;1131713 said:
    I was under the impression that these 20 songs belonged to RB2 and were for whatever reason being offered as free DLC. If so, then there would be no way for someone to play them in RB1, right?
    The impression I got was that they are being released to celebrate the release of Rock Band 2, and because all DLC is backwards and forwards compatible, it WILL work for either game disk.
    edited August 2008
    Hisan;1131713 said:
    Well, on one hand all DLC is supposed to work with both games, on the other hand, what you said.

Either way, I don't see a logical reason for a difference between ps3 and 360, makes sense that they should both be able to, or unable to play the 20 songs.

To me at least. I don't know. Thats why I was wondering if somebody had a reasonable reference for this suggestion.
  • BarnesyJr48BarnesyJr48 Unsigned
    edited August 2008
    Ok... now Im offically confuzzled
    So, I've seen the PAX Pack songs, not sure I like the look of them. I know its all for charity and everything, but I dont see the point of getting stuff I'm not into. That sounds a lot harsher than it did in my head...
    Anyway, moving on -- whats all this about the 20 free DLC? can someone just quickly clarify that for me? Im just a tadge slow see...
    I saw a list someone on the web cobbled together (i forget where the link was), and it looked fairly unconvincing, but thats all I know!
    My money is on HMX giving away some more DLC details and maybe a few more RB2 tracks. I dont think its gonna be Beatles or Led Zep tho, as much as I want it to be...
  • PCTraitorPCTraitor Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    I like much of what is on the supposed leaked free 20 DLC list. But hey I'm not a skittles explosion wank fest fan soooo...
  • RenrockRenrock Too bland to be banned
    edited August 2008
    PromiseNothing;1131726 said:
    The impression I got was that they are being released to celebrate the release of Rock Band 2, and because all DLC is backwards and forwards compatible, it WILL work for either game disk.
    They were suppose to be on the actual disc. In order to get the 360 version out early , they cut them from being on the disc because they weren't going to be ready in time and are now offering them as a free DLC when they are ready.

The PS3 version is still coming out as planned so I don't see why they wouldn't be on the actual disc.

Since they are treated as DLC songs , they should work on RB1 , but you may have to have RB2 in order to DL them. (through a game menu or code perhaps)

. . . just my speculation
  • PCTraitorPCTraitor Road Warrior
    edited August 2008
    BathTub;1131593 said:
    You know what I think happened with the Nevermind thing is that Courtney Love got greedy and now only wants the higher dollar amount that comes with being an on disc song. You can buy more heroine that way.
    edited August 2008
    PCTraitor;1131770 said:
    I like much of what is on the supposed leaked free 20 DLC list. But hey I'm not a skittles explosion wank fest fan soooo...
    I can't help but agree.
    TBS and Rancid especially I would look forward to.
    But because it's not official HMX announced, I wont get any hopes up.
This discussion has been closed.