OMG I Finally beat Hard Drum solo

Al_DagsAl_Dags Rising Star
edited September 2008 in Rock Band
Sorry I just needed to share. I finally beat Run to the Hills (barely) :D:D

Thank you Harmonix from bringing drums into my spare time. Now if only my ION kit can get here to hopefully improve my new skills in expert career mode

Sorry for the blurry pic buts its from my blackberry phone. I can't believe the little show you get when you beat hard careen the gong was nice I don't remember anything like that on med
448 x 173 - 37K

Comments

• haruki_jitsuninharuki_jitsunin Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    You know, I've not tried run to the hills on hard (just kind of gave up on it after I failed once), but I always thought the expert version was easier because it's a constant rythm rather than 3 sixteenth notes grouped.

Congratulations, it was no easy feat...
  • JetSetRadi0JetSetRadi0 Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Grats! Never played the song but from what I've heard/seen it looks pretty hard. :p I think I'm still stuck on DFTR on hard, but I only play like once a month so that's probably why. lol
  • ContrapulatorContrapulator Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    Congrats! After conquering Hard mode you should be able to plow through the first 5 tiers of Expert without much difficulty, but keep an eye out for those down-beat kicks.
  • RnRRnR Opening Act
    edited September 2008
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    haruki_jitsunin;1146865 said:
    You know, I've not tried run to the hills on hard (just kind of gave up on it after I failed once), but I always thought the expert version was easier because it's a constant rythm rather than 3 sixteenth notes grouped.

Congratulations, it was no easy feat...
    I agree, at least the expert version has a steady, easier rhythm. It's just a lot more tiresome. Those stupid two notes then note/kick just screw me up so badly...
  • LangalearLangalear Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    congrats.......hoping to get their myself stuck on rtth and the who.

-- there was a gong on medium when you finished, atleast there was when I did.
  • shadebugshadebug Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    Really? You're getting the ION and you've only just beaten hard? Is that not somewhat premature?
  • JetSetRadi0JetSetRadi0 Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    shadebug;1147040 said:
    Really? You're getting the ION and you've only just beaten hard? Is that not somewhat premature?
    haha you don't have to be amazing to want a good drum kit. :p
  • nbalive2005nbalive2005 Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    i guess thats kinda good if you want to learn playing the right way early

but i have question i've just finished the tour (expert drum tour) and "enjoy your new golden instrument everytime you play" when i played another song it didnt come out?

i am on the ps3 and im assuming he is also

i understand that to get the icons yo have to finish the endless setlist but it said there that i have my own golden instrument? do i have to do anything?
  • t0mt0m666t0mt0m666 Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    I need advice on beating run to the hills on hard, anyone?
  • mabber36mabber36 Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    the ion is not going to improve your skills. its only going to complicate things.
  • mabber36mabber36 Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    t0mt0m666;1147052 said:
    yes, hit all the reds with you left hand.
  • shadebugshadebug Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    nbalive2005;1147051 said:
    i guess thats kinda good if you want to learn playing the right way early

but i have question i've just finished the tour (expert drum tour) and "enjoy your new golden instrument everytime you play" when i played another song it didnt come out?

i am on the ps3 and im assuming he is also

i understand that to get the icons yo have to finish the endless setlist but it said there that i have my own golden instrument? do i have to do anything?
    go into the instrument shop and it should be there
  • FoobixFoobix Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Now do it on Expert. >: )
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited September 2008
    t0mt0m666;1147052 said:
    Five star Hand that Feeds on expert, then go back and try again. It worked for me, I needed a few tries but snuck through with the meter deep in the red. Also, check your timing, it is actually possible to rush those sets of three notes. Concentrate in keeping the bass drum steady, particualrly in the guitar solo section. If you've practiced the sets of three notes enough (Hand that Feeds has 'em at slower speed) you should be able to do it. If you're bad at rolls you'll need to work those as well, Orange Crush expert is a good song for that, also Rio if you picked it up (but I haven't been able to beat Rio yet).

Finally the sticking will depend on you. I use RLR for all the sets of three 16th notes. Some say LLR. I find that really rapid stuff with my left shoots my timing all to hell. RLR keeps my timing together but I have an accuracy problem at that speed (sticks clicking together, hitting plastic, etc.) I overcome the accuracy problem if I don't panic and keep in time.
  • zztoddzztodd Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Congratulations!

RTTH is still my Achillies heel. I can't beat that SOB. :D

My red pad, just can't handle that song. I am hoping the RB2 set is better. Maybe the ION after those that have to have everything first, review them.

I wish you luck on the expert tour!
  • zztoddzztodd Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    bigmf;1147153 said:
    Five star Hand that Feeds on expert, then go back and try again. It worked for me, I needed a few tries but snuck through with the meter deep in the red. Also, check your timing, it is actually possible to rush those sets of three notes. Concentrate in keeping the bass drum steady, particualrly in the guitar solo section. If you've practiced the sets of three notes enough (Hand that Feeds has 'em at slower speed) you should be able to do it. If you're bad a dolls you'll need to work those as well, Orange Crush expert is a good song for that, also Rio if you picked it up (but I haven't been able to beat Rio yet).

Finally the sticking will depend on you. I use RLR for all the sets of three 16th notes. Some say LLR. I find that really rapid stuff with my left shoots my timing all to hell. RLR keeps my timing together but I have an accuracy problem at that speed (sticks clicking together, hitting plastic, etc.) I overcome the accuracy problem if I don't panic and keep in time.
    Thanks for the advice!
  • TheGodFather73TheGodFather73 Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    bigmf;1147153 said:
    Five star Hand that Feeds on expert, then go back and try again. It worked for me, I needed a few tries but snuck through with the meter deep in the red. Also, check your timing, it is actually possible to rush those sets of three notes. Concentrate in keeping the bass drum steady, particualrly in the guitar solo section. If you've practiced the sets of three notes enough (Hand that Feeds has 'em at slower speed) you should be able to do it. If you're bad a dolls you'll need to work those as well, Orange Crush expert is a good song for that, also Rio if you picked it up (but I haven't been able to beat Rio yet).

This is almost exactly what I did to beat it as well (I was going to write up something nearly identical :p). Was stuck on RTTH hard for a long time, had made it quite a ways through the expert tour and just worked The Hand and Orange Crush a lot. Tried RTTH and got it within my first three tries. Still in the red a few times, especially on the first run getting used to the slightly faster tempo of RTTH compared to The Hand, but I got it.

Also, all the practice with The Hand and OC will help with other songs later on, as well as your sticking. Do not do the "red with left hand, yellows with right" method. It's bad, bad.
  • edited September 2008
    RTTH is the only song I have left on the hard tour, its been that way for a while and I've attempted it around 5 times and the furthest I've gotten was like 45%.
  • irimusirimus Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    congrats.i finished the hard tour 2 weeks ago.now i have one more song to beat at the 8th tier-don't feel the reaper on EXPERT and then i will try to finish the tour
  • Al_DagsAl_Dags Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    shadebug;1147040 said:
    I don't get it? Isn't the ION a premium drum kit for RB. From what I've read and heard its at least better then the actual RB kits.

I realize its on the lower end of the scale for e-drums and my skills are not even close of being an actual (hobby) drummer but this would be the cheapest way for me to start experimenting and as mentioned above, this should actually give me a solid experience in RB game play.
  • R4di4ti0nR4di4ti0n Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    Grats on hard mode. I remember that day (it was like back in Feb) i called my girlfriend all excited and crap. Then, as soon as i got the achievement drank some gatorade, and went right back to expert tour, and worked on that.

In other words, good job, now get to work!
  • jtrousdjtrousd Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
  • ExpertDrummerExpertDrummer Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    Congratulations,but there is still one thing...

can you finish,Expert tour?

*duh-duh-DUHH!*
    *the crowd gasps*
  • spriggan1972spriggan1972 Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    congrats!!! RTTH sucks on hard. That's the one that gave me the most trouble when trying to finish Hard on Drums.
  • darlenerules14darlenerules14 Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Congrats! I finally beat it in mid July on hard and finished the tour. The best % I have gotten since is 75%...today on the endless setlist I got a 67%. It's ridiculous. I hear its much easier on expert...but I'm stuck on DFTR and I'm not going to play it until its opened on my tour.
  • darlenerules14darlenerules14 Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    t0mt0m666;1147052 said:
    I know you have better advice in previous posts...but I beat it by ignoring the yellow pad completely during the hard part and saving my energy for the part with the heavy bass pedal.
  • prowlingDeadprowlingDead Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    CONGRATS! I have a hard time doing it, My wife and I beat endless on hard using drums and guitar, We barely passed that one for the drums.
  • RelaubyRelauby Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    Good job.

I got 2 stars on it.
  • ZmsZms Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    ...and so did I a couple of days ago! =)

Congrats!