Street Date = Broken

magicjames92magicjames92 Unsigned
edited November 2007 in Rock Band
Pre-order Rock Band? Bet you feel stupid. Rock Band is on sale at your local Circuit City, right now. http://www.destructoid.com/circuit-city-laughs-in-the-face-of-street-dates-sells-rock-band-54222.phtml

Comments

• MdubMediaMdubMedia Rising Star
    edited November 2007
    CERTAIN store(s) I'm sure...No biggie...I have 5 days to last.
  • magicjames92magicjames92 Unsigned
    edited November 2007
    its 6................
  • MdubMediaMdubMedia Rising Star
    edited November 2007
    z0mg.

5 days in 2 hours.
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited November 2007
    I love the writing on DToid. Seriously the best gaming journalism ever. No lie, no exaggeration.

The street date getting broken is not unexpected. But when will the damn kids post vids on that confangled YouTube?
  • MountainKingMountainKing Opening Act
    edited November 2007
    Balls.

I already went to my local Wal-Mart after reading another post about broken street dates. I could have tried CC while I was at it.
  • raregamerraregamer Opening Act
    edited November 2007
    Yaay, more reasons to feel sad I don't have it right now.
  • Electric_ZenElectric_Zen Road Warrior
    edited November 2007
    Circuit City started selling GH2 early, too. I had been thinking of stopping by on Saturday morning to see if I could sneak one out. Hope my window of opportunity hasn't closed.
  • Rocker2Rocker2 Opening Act
    edited November 2007
    I tried to get one from my local Wal-Mart but unfortunately they didn't break the street date.
  • peachpunker63peachpunker63 Opening Act
    edited November 2007
    wouldnt that be awesome if harmonix just gave all the stores the go ahead to start selling them tomorrow or friday. even though the game comes next tuesday it never hurts to get it a couple days early!
  • _GABO__GABO_ Opening Act
    edited November 2007
    Well, this makes me uber mad because I pre-ordered online from Wal-Mart so I won't be getting mine till early December. This guy makes me want to go string myself up by my Guitar Hero II guitar cord. But, well, lucky him, I guess.

Only, what?, six more days till street date?

Fun. I probably won't get it until after my Thanksgiving break is long over. A five-day weekend worth nothing (except, of course, Halo 3 -- legendary, here I come!).

Edit: The picture that shows everything included in the box brings up some pretty good questions. In the below scaled-down picture (taken from Dtoid) I've boxed in some areas of interest (to me, at least). Of course, I had to put my own little ideas of what the three things could be. Any ideas?
  • King_NuthinKing_Nuthin Road Warrior
    edited November 2007
    peachpunker63;114583 said:
    wouldnt that be awesome if harmonix just gave all the stores the go ahead to start selling them tomorrow or friday. even though the game comes next tuesday it never hurts to get it a couple days early!
    I've been wishing that that is going to be gamespy's top secret info.

I don't mind waiting until Tuesday, what I do mind is getting on a plane Wednesday and not being able to take the game with me. Its going to be such a tease.
  • edited November 2007
    I could only wish.

and pray.
  • capitalfn9capitalfn9 Opening Act
    edited November 2007
    there doesnt happen to be anyone going to the sterling best buy in virginia for the midnight launch does there?
  • raregamerraregamer Opening Act
    edited November 2007
    The only reason I really want it to be released friday this way amazon ships it out on friday and I'll have it before thanksgiving break. I hate the date because people like me who ordered online have to wait for the mail.
  • scain826scain826 Unsigned
    edited November 2007
    capitalfn9;114592 said:
    there doesnt happen to be anyone going to the sterling best buy in virginia for the midnight launch does there?
    Possibly, I'm between that and the Waldorf store.
  • HollywoodBoundHollywoodBound Opening Act
    edited November 2007
    I want to see some videos of Enter Sandman. Then i will believe it.
  • AdamBomb629AdamBomb629 Road Warrior
    edited November 2007
    bounchfx;114593 said:
    I could only wish.

and pray.
    PRAYING WITH YOU. PLEASE UNLEASH THE BEAST HARMONIX!! I WANT TO PLAY THIS WEEKEND!
  • Mistersh0wMistersh0w Opening Act
    edited November 2007
    _GABO_;114587 said:
    Well, this makes me uber mad because I pre-ordered online from Wal-Mart so I won't be getting mine till early December. This guy makes me want to go string myself up by my Guitar Hero II guitar cord. But, well, lucky him, I guess.

Only, what?, six more days till street date?

Fun. I probably won't get it until after my Thanksgiving break is long over. A five-day weekend worth nothing (except, of course, Halo 3 -- legendary, here I come!).

Edit: The picture that shows everything included in the box brings up some pretty good questions. In the below scaled-down picture (taken from Dtoid) I've boxed in some areas of interest (to me, at least). Of course, I had to put my own little ideas of what the three things could be. Any ideas?
    The thing under the wammy bar looks like the guitar strap still in it's wrapping...my 2cents... Also, i'm sooo done torturing myself with these pics!!!! ARGH! Adios!
  • peachpunker63peachpunker63 Opening Act
    edited November 2007
    PRAYING WITH YOU. PLEASE UNLEASH THE BEAST HARMONIX!! I WANT TO PLAY THIS WEEKEND!
    YES UNLEAH THE BEAST. Or i will have to go search the state for a copy tomorrow or saturday
  • BakksterBakkster Road Warrior
    edited November 2007
    I can only see them doing this if all stores have already gotten their stock, which I doubt.
    _GABO_;114587 said:
    From top down:
    Guitar Strap
    USB hub power supply
    Converter for headset to use as a mic.

That was easy ;)
  • toefertoefer Rising Star
    edited November 2007
    AdamBomb629;114677 said:
    That would be great.

So...as for that GameSpy announcement...

What can it really be?

If it's as huge as it was made out to be, what can it really be? We've already gotten tons of info on DLC tracks, and now prices and scheduling. What can really be left that is better than that? Does Julia Roberts come packaged in the bundle? Yes?! YES!
  • MaineDrummerMaineDrummer Opening Act
    edited November 2007
    toefer;114878 said:
    That would be great.

What can it really be?

If it's as huge as it was made out to be, what can it really be? We've already gotten tons of info on DLC tracks, and now prices and scheduling. What can really be left that is better than that? Does Julia Roberts come packaged in the bundle? Yes?! YES!
    I'm gonna take a guess here.

GS announcement will be- *insert much wanted band here* is coming to RB DLC!
  • Patch_Patch_ Opening Act
    edited November 2007
    toefer;114878 said:
    That would be great.

What can it really be?

Online BWT patch coming 01/15/08 :D
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited November 2007
    So tempted to go out and find it, but at the same time everyone else has the same idea and word will spread quickly.
  • admanimaladmanimal Road Warrior
    edited November 2007
    I already checked the two Walmarts around me and nothing. Generally there is a very slim chance that you'll find a store breaking the street date unless there is some systemwide glitch that causes a particular retailer to sell early (like the day early in-store pickup glitch with GH2 at CC). There are thousands of stores that potentially could be selling it early, yet it seems that only a few are. So the chance that one of them is near you is pretty slim.

That said, I will be going to Circuit City tomorrow :p
  • municipalblackmunicipalblack Unsigned
    edited November 2007
    I pray to god that there is a store in Houston that breaks the street date. My parent are there until sat. and it would save me the month long wait we Canadians have to endure otherwise.
  • jdr7650jdr7650 Unsigned
    edited November 2007
    I saw a copy of the game (not bundle) that had street date broken already. A friend of mine was out getting speaker wire tonight and picked it up because he is only interested in the guitar stuff. I wish I didn't have to work so much in the next couple days, that or he lived closer. He only has one guitar and I am not about to buy a $60 GH controller to play it for 5 days.