Weekly HMX Dev Rock Blogs - 9/1 to 9/5 - The Passing Of A Legend

edited September 2008 in Announcements
Hey gang. The HMX Community Team made if back from PAX in one piece (except for HMXalex, but he's a leper)! We'll have some stories and photos to share by the end of the week, but in the meantime I will link you to a bittersweet Rock Blog from our very own HMXJohnlok.

http://www.rockband.com/rockers_blog_entry/HMXJohnlok/419223?redir=1

Please leave him lots of comments. It will brighten the dark corners of his desk (and his heart).

Comments

  • G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    Apples;1159583 said:
    John moves to audio DLC production team.

    Full Boston discography confirmed* as DLC next month!
    John has good taste, Boston is amazing and we should have the full discography of Boston :D :D :D :D
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    I posted in John's blog but I'll make a quick post here too. It'll be a shame to lose his presence on the boards but best of luck to him for sure.

    Let's all be nice and not overwhelm him with e-mails for DLC requests. ;)
  • thetroutthetrout Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Good luck, John! In the immortal words of your beloved Boston, don't look back!
  • redlummadaredlummada Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    Gool luck John, we'll miss you on the forums. Keep your spirits high and your high scores higher!
  • Runa216Runa216 Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    Remind me again why he can't go on the forums just cuz he's not part of the community team...? johnlok is awesome! keep him on the boards!
  • osteofightosteofight Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    Geez from the title I thought someone died lol
  • JetWolfJetWolf Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    Runa216;1159978 said:
    Remind me again why he can't go on the forums just cuz he's not part of the community team...? johnlok is awesome! keep him on the boards!
    My interpretation was that he can come to the boards, he simply can't speak on behalf of the community team any longer.

    And I certainly hope he chooses to drop in now and then. Don't make us miss you too much, JLok!
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited September 2008
    osteofight;1160073 said:
    Geez from the title I thought someone died lol
    Yeah really, I thought it was going to be a blog about how upset JohnLok was about the passing of Don LaFontaine...
  • darknessmoondarknessmoon Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    davidshek;1160436 said:
    Yeah really, I thought it was going to be a blog about how upset JohnLok was about the passing of Don LaFontaine...
    Lol, I thought the same thing!

    "In a world, where keeping your customers happy on a community forum is near impossible."

    HMX - Hear you go John. Use this.
    HMXJohnlok - What's this?
    HMX - ...the banhammer... It gives you POWER!
    ::HMXJohnlok takes hold of the mighty banhammer, and raises it up over his head::

    With SUSPENSE:

    HMX - Oh no! We can't keep the forums under control. Everything seems to be crumbling! Where the hell is John?!
    HMXsean - He's on his way... For the love of GOD, PLEASE HURRY!

    ACTION:

    HMXJohnlok - Don't worry guys! I'm here with the banhammer!
    ::Lock thread:: ::Ban User::

    MOAR ACTION:

    HMXJohnlok - Rockband2... must... finish... continue... to lock... as much as possible... forums... imploding...
    HMX - JOOOOOOOOOOOOHN!
    HMXJohnlok - I'll... be ok! You guys... run!!!

    ::Explosions::

    "In this forum, you must fight to survive, and only 1 man has the power to rescue you from evil"

    HMX - John, you've done a magnificent job with the forums. We've decided to move you on up to the Audio team.
    HMXJohnlok - Great! But, what about the banhammer...?
    HMX - We're taking that back from you, and giving it to someone else. Don't worry though, he's an able commander.
    ::HMXJohnlok turns around::
    HMXHenry - Hey... John...
    HMXJohnlok - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    "R.O.C.K.B.A.N.D."

    In theaters everywhere this christmas...

    (Yes, work is slow today :p)
  • PsycoCheerioPsycoCheerio Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    I'd watch that movie...
  • FloodOneFloodOne Headliner
    edited September 2008
    PsycoCheerio;1160811 said:
    I'd watch that movie...
    QFT

    /10char
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited September 2008
    darknessmoon;1160583 said:
    In theaters everywhere this christmas...

    (Yes, work is slow today :p)
    Wow, that was...AWESOME!

    I'd totally sig-quote that whole thing if it weren't so long :D
  • Rise 2 FallRise 2 Fall Opening Act
    edited September 2008
  • packerfan8675309packerfan8675309 Bladder of Steal
    edited September 2008
    okay finally, its time for some ELO and Yes
  • darknessmoondarknessmoon Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    PsycoCheerio;1160811 said:
    I'd watch that movie...
    FloodOne;1160852 said:
    QFT

    /10char
    davidshek;1160890 said:
    Wow, that was...AWESOME!

    I'd totally sig-quote that whole thing if it weren't so long :D
    Heh, heh. Thanks, guys! :D
  • ThadarThadar Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    davidshek;1160436 said:
    Yeah really, I thought it was going to be a blog about how upset JohnLok was about the passing of Don LaFontaine...

    Leroi Moore...RIP
  • johnrosejohnrose Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    darknessmoon;1160583 said:
    Lol, I thought the same thing!

    "In a world, where keeping your customers happy on a community forum is near impossible."

    HMX - Hear you go John. Use this.
    HMXJohnlok - What's this?
    HMX - ...the banhammer... It gives you POWER!
    ::HMXJohnlok takes hold of the mighty banhammer, and raises it up over his head::

    With SUSPENSE:

    HMX - Oh no! We can't keep the forums under control. Everything seems to be crumbling! Where the hell is John?!
    HMXsean - He's on his way... For the love of GOD, PLEASE HURRY!

    ACTION:

    HMXJohnlok - Don't worry guys! I'm here with the banhammer!
    ::Lock thread:: ::Ban User::

    MOAR ACTION:

    HMXJohnlok - Rockband2... must... finish... continue... to lock... as much as possible... forums... imploding...
    HMX - JOOOOOOOOOOOOHN!
    HMXJohnlok - I'll... be ok! You guys... run!!!

    ::Explosions::

    "In this forum, you must fight to survive, and only 1 man has the power to rescue you from evil"

    HMX - John, you've done a magnificent job with the forums. We've decided to move you on up to the Audio team.
    HMXJohnlok - Great! But, what about the banhammer...?
    HMX - We're taking that back from you, and giving it to someone else. Don't worry though, he's an able commander.
    ::HMXJohnlok turns around::
    HMXHenry - Hey... John...
    HMXJohnlok - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    "R.O.C.K.B.A.N.D."

    In theaters everywhere this christmas...

    (Yes, work is slow today :p)
    In my best Captain Kirk... "Can't... possible... compete... must... bow... to greatness..."
  • Gatorguy91Gatorguy91 Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    ELO Rox!!!

    i also thought maybe this had something to do with Dan LaFontaine (RIP)
  • AeroZeppelinSevenfoldAeroZeppelinSevenfold Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    It was nice having Johnlok. I hope that he like sit on the Audio team.

    Yes I posted this in his blog, but I'm gonna say it again.

    Don' screw up the audio to my favorite songs! Or I'll find you! :D
  • AeroZeppelinSevenfoldAeroZeppelinSevenfold Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    darknessmoon;1160583 said:
    Lol, I thought the same thing!

    "In a world, where keeping your customers happy on a community forum is near impossible."

    HMX - Hear you go John. Use this.
    HMXJohnlok - What's this?
    HMX - ...the banhammer... It gives you POWER!
    ::HMXJohnlok takes hold of the mighty banhammer, and raises it up over his head::

    With SUSPENSE:

    HMX - Oh no! We can't keep the forums under control. Everything seems to be crumbling! Where the hell is John?!
    HMXsean - He's on his way... For the love of GOD, PLEASE HURRY!

    ACTION:

    HMXJohnlok - Don't worry guys! I'm here with the banhammer!
    ::Lock thread:: ::Ban User::

    MOAR ACTION:

    HMXJohnlok - Rockband2... must... finish... continue... to lock... as much as possible... forums... imploding...
    HMX - JOOOOOOOOOOOOHN!
    HMXJohnlok - I'll... be ok! You guys... run!!!

    ::Explosions::

    "In this forum, you must fight to survive, and only 1 man has the power to rescue you from evil"

    HMX - John, you've done a magnificent job with the forums. We've decided to move you on up to the Audio team.
    HMXJohnlok - Great! But, what about the banhammer...?
    HMX - We're taking that back from you, and giving it to someone else. Don't worry though, he's an able commander.
    ::HMXJohnlok turns around::
    HMXHenry - Hey... John...
    HMXJohnlok - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    "R.O.C.K.B.A.N.D."

    In theaters everywhere this christmas...

    (Yes, work is slow today :p)
    It would be the only good movie about a video game.

    Johnlok 4 EVA!!!!!

    I can't wait for it to come out. :D
  • Sgt PepperSgt Pepper Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    J-J-J-onhlok? :eek:

    Maybe...maybe he'll visit in his spare time.

    WHY?!?!?!?

    (Seriously, 'gratz, Johnlok. The man. The legend.)
  • dethklokdethklok Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    Im gonna miss you John :(
  • woofmixwoofmix Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    congrats on the promotion :)

    I wish I had a promotion

    or a job
  • MaherjMaherj Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    Sad that I won't get to see any IB4Johnlok in posts anymore :( Good luck John, and thanks for all your help.
  • edited September 2008
    Awww, man... you were always my favorite dev to bug by e-mail, John! Of course, I can still do that now... and it'll be all the more annoying because I know you don't even have the answers I'm looking for! *evil laughter*

    Seriously, though, hope you'll enjoy your new position in the company. And don't be a stranger round these here parts.
  • aer0kidaer0kid Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    was John the only developer who released a blog this week?
  • churnekchurnek Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Haha loved the leprosy humor!
This discussion has been closed.