Rock Band 2 Midnight Releases

sperinesperine Rising Star
edited September 2008 in Rock Band
The release of Rock Band 2 is almost upon us, and the fine Xbox 360 users on these forums will probably be interested in getting Rock Band 2 and getting it as soon as possible. I did not find another thread like this, but if it exists then feel free to shut this down.

If you have a confirmed midnight release for Rock Band 2 (disc only for 360) on September 14, please post it on this thread. I will compile the posts as often as possible on this first post to help out other RB fans looking for a store near them.

Please post in this fashion:
City, State - Store
(ex.: Cedar Brook, NJ - Funcoland)

I will compile a list by state as posts come in. Let's get this rolling.

From what has been posted, 24-hour Wal-Mart locations should be releasing the game at midnight. Check with your store for details.

Some users have been told that GameStop as a company will not be holding midnight releases for the game because it is disc-only and only for X360, so make sure to double-check with a posted GameStop before Saturday night!

CHECK BLOCKBUSTER LOCATIONS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! MANY BLOCKBUSTERS ARE SELLING THE GAME AT OR AROUND MIDNIGHT, BUT MOST HAVE VERY FEW COPIES (USUALLY ONLY 1-2 COPIES PER STORE FOR PRESALE).

California
Gilroy, CA - Wal-Mart SuperCenter
Sacremento, CA (Antelope Rd.) - Wal-Mart

Florida
St. Petersburg, FL - Walmart

Illinois
Villa Park, IL - Gamestop
Downers Grove, IL - Best Buy

Massachusetts
Framingham, MA - Game Universe

New Jersey
Garfield, NJ - Game Crazy

Ohio
Macedonia, OH - Gamestop

Oklahoma
Altus,Ok - Wal-Mart & Hastings

Texas
San Antonio, Texas - Blockbuster
Austin, TX - Wal-Mart (Rt. 620 location)

Washington
Lynnwood, WA - Gamestop (possibly incorrect, check location for more details)

Wisconsin
Richland Center, WI - Wal-Mart

Note: There may be duplicate stores in the same city, so if you live in a big area make sure to double-check before pre-ordering.

Comments

• RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited September 2008
    CaptainFeral;1184660 said:
    Sadly I appear to be the only one who has preordered Rock Band 2 from my gamestop. I coulda guessed since it's filled with reserve boxes for GH:WT.

Apparently the store doesn't plan on carrying the instruments after last time. The low quality instruments led to -them- getting complaints, because it's totally Gamestop's fault when your pedal breaks or when your strum bar suffers from erecticle dysfunction.

I'd imagine the Best Buy here might be doing a midnight release, though. They do a midnight release for -everything.- Hell, Sims 2: IKEA Stuff had a midnight release.
    ...Nobody came, of course.
    I laughed so hard at this, and I don't really know why.
  • brb_fbibrb_fbi Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    I'm sure there has to be midnight releases in Austin. Anyone know?
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    No midnight releases in my neck of the woods. I'd do the midnight at Wal-Mart thing, but I'll have been up at 5 a.m. that day to go to work, and I know the gf won't be awake enough to be rocking much after 12:30 a.m. So, might as well just sleep on it and grab it in the a.m.
  • packerfan8675309packerfan8675309 Bladder of Steal
    edited September 2008
  • sperinesperine Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    Thanks all. I'll put the 24 hr Wal-Mart thing up. Hopefully everyone looking for a place will get a response soon. I may have to check Wal Mart myself. I'm looking for a GameStop on western Long Island that'll do it just because they are giving 20% bonus trade-in credit to RB2 preorders. If I find something it will be posted immediately.
  • DethBoxxDethBoxx Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    Anyone find anything in the SF Bay area?
  • KoRnyWayzKoRnyWayz Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    TehDarkArchon;1185486 said:
    Haha sick the one on Roosevelt?
    yeah...lol right by Willowbrook
  • TwitchtheDjTwitchtheDj Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    DethBoxx;1195632 said:
    Anyone find anything in the SF Bay area?
    Me 2, Me 2!
  • nyijedinyijedi Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Sonic3dx;1184384 said:
    Anyone know of any places on Long Island?
    Did you guys ever find out any info on a midnight release on Long Island?
  • packerfan8675309packerfan8675309 Bladder of Steal
    edited September 2008
  • DemonChild147DemonChild147 Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    Altus,Ok - Wal-Mart & Hastings
  • JSchmidt85JSchmidt85 Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    Macedonia, OH - Gamestop

said to be quite a few people going
  • Ferocious QFerocious Q Headliner
    edited September 2008
    i preordered mine at gamestop...

if it wasn't for school, i'd be waiting outside now.
  • Dustin_EchoesDustin_Echoes Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    bug95;1185335 said:
    San Antonio, Texas - Blockbuster
    Do you know which one in particular? Ive called several now and keep getting the no-go. It would be nice to narrow it down.
  • Sonic3dxSonic3dx Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    After looking for a midnight all weekend i have concluded that Long Island as an island collectively hates rock band. Me and Sperine (the maker of this thread) have called 12 gamestops, 2 blockbusters, and several best buys. The most infuriating part is that the blockbuster's open until midnight but they wont be selling the game until the morning.
  • jfh2112jfh2112 Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    I can confirm that the GameStop in McComb, MS is *not* having a midnight release. :( AND they don't open Sunday until 1PM, AND I don't trust my "friendly" Wal-Mart to have RB2 on the shelf for midnight, or even want to go get it. So I keep my reserve @ GS and wait.
    edited September 2008
    Sonic3dx;1196821 said:
    After looking for a midnight all weekend i have concluded that Long Island as an island collectively hates rock band. Me and Sperine (the maker of this thread) have called 12 gamestops, 2 blockbusters, and several best buys. The most infuriating part is that the blockbuster's open until midnight but they wont be selling the game until the morning.
    Wow, that is infuriating re: Blockbuster. Are the places you're calling saying they're definitely not having a midnight sale, or are they unsure?
  • DustincopterDustincopter Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Richland Center, WI

Wal Mart
  • seinmanseinman Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    If you're planning on going to a 24 hour Walmart, MAKE SURE YOU CALL FIRST AND SEE IF THEY HAVE IT IN STOCK. I've tried to get several games at midnight at several Walmarts, and i've found that they only have it in stock half of the time. The other half of the time it comes via UPS or whatever later in the day, instead of coming off a truck prior to release, which is what happens when they do have it in stock on time.
  • GenTVDinnerGenTVDinner Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Sonic3dx;1196821 said:
    My buddy is going to Valley Stream walmart to get it...Pending it being in stock that is...Seeing as how there usually isnt any Sunday delivery of anything really, they should have gotten it by Friday/Saturday so hopefully itll be in stock.
    edited September 2008
    Still no word on anything in the SF Bay area. Called four Gamestops and no go.
    Not really any Wal-Marts in the area either. Well I think there may be one 24
    hour one way over in Union City in the East Bay......
  • illgreenillgreen Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    Anyone in the South Jersey/ Maple Shade area know of anything?:confused:
  • a7xforlifea7xforlife Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    i know my gamestop isn't doing a midnight release, waste of 5$ on a preorder. i'm just gonna go to walmart, but i called and they said they might not even have any at midnight (i'm just guessing stupid person on the phone)
  • zerofanzerofan Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    I will stay home so I dont get trampled!
  • seinmanseinman Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    a7xforlife;1197321 said:
    i'm just gonna go to walmart, but i called and they said they might not even have any at midnight (i'm just guessing stupid person on the phone)
    Go back a page and read my post there. Walmart will only have a game in stock at midnight about half of the time, it depends on whether they get that particular game off a truck or via UPS. It's quite likely, and not just a stupid person answering wrong, that your Walmart will not have the game at midnight. I've seen them come in as late as 2 to 4 PM on release day, but i've also seen them for sale in advance because it came on a truck and someone broke the street date. It's hit or miss, so call first.
    edited September 2008
    The thing is, even if you call you are talking to a Wal-Mart employee. The chance of getting correct information is slim. Which sucks for those of us who would have to drive 30 mins or more to get there.
    edited September 2008
    GenTVDinner;1197097 said:
    My buddy is going to Valley Stream walmart to get it...Pending it being in stock that is...Seeing as how there usually isnt any Sunday delivery of anything really, they should have gotten it by Friday/Saturday so hopefully itll be in stock.
    Is the Valley Stream store open 24 hours? I wasn't aware of that.
    edited September 2008
    nyijedi;1197406 said:
    Is the Valley Stream store open 24 hours? I wasn't aware of that.
    Actually, you bring a good point, I made the mistake of assuming all walmarts were 24hrs now. There are actually NONE in LI as per their website that are 24hrs. Probably gonna call around and see which are. I find that hard to beleive the only one showing on their website is like 3 to 4 hours away upstate....
  • Sonic3dxSonic3dx Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    nyijedi;1196845 said:
    Wow, that is infuriating re: Blockbuster. Are the places you're calling saying they're definitely not having a midnight sale, or are they unsure?

Every single place has said definitely not except for one best buy (the one on old country road near the Roosevelt field mall) which i stop by every day to ask if they are having a midnight.
    edited September 2008
    Sonic3dx;1198148 said:
    Every single place has said definitely not except for one best buy (the one on old country road near the Roosevelt field mall) which i stop by every day to ask if they are having a midnight.
    Interesting. Well, 6 more days of going in there lol. Im gonna guess there will be no midnight release. Kinda sucks, was planning on playing all night long haha.