Making a 360 wireless guitar controller wired

KeeblerKeebler Road Warrior
edited September 2008 in Rock Band
I wonder if anyone has attempted this in the multitude of mods we've seen since the game was released. I am looking forward to getting all the improvements that will come with the RB2 wireless guitar (and seeing what they did to the strum bar). But frankly, I like having the guitar wired because I don't have to worry about the game interrupting me and pausing because my batteries died.

So i'm wondering if it's possible to take my RB1 and RB2 guitars and easily make a hybrid of the two using the RB2 guitar as a base and then using the wired innards of the RB1 guitar.

Any thoughts from modders?

Comments

• MatalinoMatalino Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    Is it really that hard to replace the batteries once every few weeks? The controller will even warn you when they are getting low. You aren't forced to wait until the controler dies before replacing the batteries.

But if you really think that you need to wire the controller, then try hooking up a 4.5 volt power supply across the battery connectors. I suspect that they are simply wired in series.
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited September 2008
    Just buy a brand name set of batteries.

I've said it like five times here already: Enurgizeers aren't the real thing.

I have to replace my batteries like once every three months if that and I play a lot.
  • KeeblerKeebler Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    Matalino;1202282 said:
    Is it really that hard to replace the batteries once every few weeks? The controller will even warn you when they are getting low. You aren't forced to wait until the controler dies before replacing the batteries.

But if you really think that you need to wire the controller, then try hooking up a 4.5 volt power supply across the battery connectors. I suspect that they are simply wired in series.
    I never said I have a problem with replacing batteries - I said I have a problem with the game PAUSING WHEN THEY DIE. As far as I know, the 360 never alerts you when your battery level is low (there's a battery meter in the in-game Guide blade, but it is hardly reliable).
  • FrederfFrederf Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    The guide button will flash between the 1,3 and 2,4 quadrants when the batteries are getting low.
  • fatalvendettafatalvendetta Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    Frederf;1204287 said:
    The guide button will flash between the 1,3 and 2,4 quadrants when the batteries are getting low.
    It's not very noticeable unless you're looking at the guitar, though.
  • HubbubJubHubbubJub Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    But it does it for at least a few (2-4?) hours of playtime...surely you'll see it once while you're playing...
  • Captain Zepp 07Captain Zepp 07 Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    The wiimotes do that screen flash for you, but yes you are right with the guitar dying on you like a monkey and no clearly alerting you warning. (You have to look at the Xbox button to notice it)

My suggestion: don't go wireless, go rechargeable. When done playing for a week, charge them then go at it again.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited September 2008
    Frederf;1204287 said:
    I call that the Low Battery Dance.

...okay, I'll leave this topic now. :p
  • drummerman0208drummerman0208 Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    I'm getting rechargeable batteries hehe