Rock Blog Friday 11/16/07 4 Days!

edited December 2007 in Announcements
4 days to launch. Can you feel it? I can. Pressure's on, friend. In 4 days this game will be released and a new age will be upon us. Bronze Age, Iron Age, Renaissance, Enlightenment, Modern Age, Rock Band. The world shall know rock and we shall be its herald! HUZZAH!

Huzzah indeed. Ok this will be the last time I mention it (unless something huge and spectacular happens) but elsewhere on the site we have opened a merch store that has a bunch of gear the is Rock Band and a bunch of other stuff from other places that is just rock - for instance there is a section where you can inexplicably chart a jet? Why? Because. That's why. Store is here.

Lots of craziness this week with all the announcements and the first reviews and the DLC and all that. I'd like to pass on the personal thanks of Big Daddy (our VP of Operations) who posted the big "What should DLC cost?" thread back in May and most of you responded to. It really did help us guide some of choices about DLC and he sends along his thanks. He may post himself a few days to pass it along himself but I wanted to let you know.

Spent a few days in NYC this week which was fun. We shot a show for MTV called "The Big Ten" which is, believe it or not, a program that shows videos. Music videos. Maria, Drake, DanT, and myself headed down to be the show's house band to play the game into and out of commercials. It airs on Monday at 9:00am and we play 5 songs total. It was wicked fun. DanT writes a little about it and posted a picture from it in his blog.

Anything else? Yes! On Monday we will be turning the profiles off on the site so if you want to backup your blogs you may want to go in there and copy/paste text as well as make not of the friends you will want to re-add on Day 1. I know it is a bit of a hassle but I imagine it will be well worth it!

Lastly welcome our two newest community moderators - Tbradshaw and Feigned. I think you will find both of them to be most accommodating and help with the fugazi of insanity that will descend upon our happy hamlet next week.

Blogs!

An Australian in NY. A lot like that Crocodile Dundee movie.

Comments

• ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited November 2007
    Two new mods eh?! congrats guys, and welcome!

4 days, I can't even believe it, yesterday it was 4 months away!

I love the new shop, I want almost all of those t-shirts, I guess those could be some nice Christmas presents for me! I also need to get my hands on a mic stand ASAP.

NYC is awesome, I'll keep a lookout for when they air big ten, I can't believe they still play music on MTV.
  • edited November 2007
    Congrats, you new mods! It's a huge responsibility, but I'm sure you guys will do fine. :D
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited November 2007
    4 days *head explodes*

I am totally buying a shirt as well.
  • edited November 2007
    I was wondering who that big daddy guy was, I saw a picture of him on the wall in the game-testing room.
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited November 2007
    Aww...HeXcoda will be a mod soon enough. I am sure of it!

But congrats to Feigned. Tbradshaw bad mouthed Helen so he is not deserving of any congrats from me. Not until he says sorry.
  • edited November 2007
    SoraRikuVGM;118976 said:
    Congrats, you new mods! It's a huge responsibility, but I'm sure you guys will do fine. :D
    *high five* for being a RB veteran, wasn't sure if you were still posting or not. Did u ever get around to buying a 360 or ps3?

P.S. sorry for being so off topic, lol
  • HMXJohnlokHMXJohnlok Harmonix Developer
    edited November 2007
    Xzyliac;119570 said:
    Aww...HeXcoda will be a mod soon enough. I am sure of it!

But congrats to Feigned. Tbradshaw bad mouthed Helen so he is not deserving of any congrats from me. Not until he says sorry.
    We already kicked his face in as penance.

(Not really)
  • SmokaColaSmokaCola Road Warrior
    edited November 2007
    Speaking of mods... *cough* Xzyliac *cough*. :p I in now was was implying anything! Anyways, congrats you guys. I'm more than sure you'll do a great job. And thanks for the info Sean.
  • edited November 2007
    sa_nick;119722 said:
    *high five* for being a RB veteran, wasn't sure if you were still posting or not. Did u ever get around to buying a 360 or ps3?

P.S. sorry for being so off topic, lol
    Yea, as you can tell from my siggy. :D lol

On topic - Xzyliac and SmokaCola for mod! I've been campaigning this for about 3 years now, so it better happen
  • QuastorQuastor Rising Star
    edited November 2007
    SoraRikuVGM;121198 said:

On topic - Xzyliac and SmokaCola for mod! I've been campaigning this for about 3 years now, so it better happen
    3 years? Really? You've only been on the board for 6-7 months! :p

Thanks for all the blogs you've directed us to over the past months Sean. See you on the flip side! Maybe I'll be able to play online with you at least once!
  • Huff-daddyHuff-daddy Unsigned
    edited November 2007
    I don't know where to put this, so I guess here is as good as any.

Just wanting to make you guys aware of a mistake on the list of things to keep you busy until Rock Band comes out that's on the main page. Number 7 says something about reciting the lyrics of Nine Inch Nails' "Machine" to a telemarketer. There isn't a NIN song called Machine. Anyway, not nitpicking, just trying to help.
  • EastwoodEastwood Rising Star
    edited November 2007
    More rock blogs, plz :D
  • HMXJohnlokHMXJohnlok Harmonix Developer
    edited November 2007
    Eastwood;155323 said:
    More rock blogs, plz :D
    Once we get some of the post-launch craziness and new community site stuff taken care of we'll get back to consistent Rock Blogs.
  • SoulScremeSoulScreme Rising Star
    edited December 2007
    HMXJohnlok;158453 said:
    Once we get some of the post-launch craziness and new community site stuff taken care of we'll get back to consistent Rock Blogs.
    It would be really nice if we could have rock blogs still occurs, possibly simply weekly, to keep us in the loop. I mean, the vague announcement made last week is a start, but a regular flow of information/assurance from you to us is definitely a must.
  • Nate FinchNate Finch Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    Useless post bump just so I don't have to see that "PS3 Compatibility Thread" every time I see the preview for this forum :) Keeps getting my hopes up :)
  • botnicbotnic Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    Nate Finch;175406 said:
    Useless post bump just so I don't have to see that "PS3 Compatibility Thread" every time I see the preview for this forum :) Keeps getting my hopes up :)
    Haha! I totally understand and thank you for doing so!
  • NinjaloNinjalo Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    botnic;175417 said:
    Haha! I totally understand and thank you for doing so!

NOOOOOO! I've been monitoring it for so long to see when we'd get an update. So sad, and I really don't want to buy GH3 until I"m sure the controller will work with the game post patch.
    edited December 2007
    Ninjalo;175449 said:
    NOOOOOO! I've been monitoring it for so long to see when we'd get an update. So sad, and I really don't want to buy GH3 until I"m sure the controller will work with the game post patch. SH
    It was locked. If they post another announcement, it'll be in a new thread.
  • DesiredFXDesiredFX Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    Nate Finch;175459 said:
    It was locked. If they post another announcement, it'll be in a new thread.
    Or, if they unlock it and add to it, it will bump back to the top.

It's a win-win-win situation.

Or whichever one it is that has the most wins.
  • rwthibrwthib Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    Right now it is a when-when-when situation :D
    edited December 2007
    rwthib;175884 said:
    Nice one! :D
  • DesiredFXDesiredFX Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    rwthib;175884 said:
    I feel like that guy that pitched Bonds #756.
  • edited December 2007
    It's the "84 people looking at this subfourm because someone thought bumping a topic titled 'Hey Rock Fans' was cute" bump.

There.Fixed.RemovePostingRightsHerePlease

*headdesk*

All better. Now that 11/16/07 in the title might help.
This discussion has been closed.