Request A Feature, Suggestion, or Bug Fix (no song requests)

edited October 2010 in Rock Band
Do you have an idea to improve game awesomeness by 5000%? Is there an annoying bug bothering your enjoyment? Do you know the secrets of cold fusion?

If so, then this is the place for you.

This is the official repository for all feature requests, bug reports, suggestions for game patching, etc.

Be sure to provide as much detail and background as is humanly possible behind your idea. No one is a mind reader, so if you want your idea to carry weight, you need to really spell it out!

Comments

• Mikeko10Mikeko10 Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    The ability to check the stars as well as the high scores in quickplay (someone had to mention it) for each instrument and difficulty.
  • FeeFee Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    if this thread is any indication http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78834

Mybe a a song stat section under Extras, they shows your stars and score for all the songs in the game, by solo, quickplay and each difficulty level. that way you have one place to see how your scores and stars.
  • ham736ham736 Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    i know this won't happen, but, the option to use a real guitar other than a plastic guitar, you know, like guitar rising!
  • ViliusVilius Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    I agree with being able to see score/stars for your highest difficulty completed.

Also, I very, very much approve of Dr. Loboto! :D
  • poopbulletpoopbullet Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    I actually hoped this was gonna be taken care of with the new RB2 drumset...but I would like the XBOX button in between the pads to be covered or down beneath the layer of drums so you can't accidentally whack it while playing some intense drums like my friends always do.
  • GryffindorGryffindor Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    Vocal Practice Mode broken down into song sections/verses.

Ability to delete individual songs from your PS3.
  • SpydasSpydas Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    - Stars in quickplay

- Choose character in quickplay

- Multiple Breakneck speed speeds (x1.25, x1.5, x1.75, x2.0)

- Fix difficulties for certain songs

Song : Difficulty now : Difficulty should be
    Difficulties - (0-6)

Guitar
    Constant Motion : 5 : 6
    Pleasure (Pleasure) : 6 : 5
    Rock Rebellion : 6 : 4

Will add more as I find them.
  • Sarge51Sarge51 Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    When the stats of the song you just played shows up (percentage, stars, score, title) it show your previous score before you played the song.

Link up quickplay scores and world tour scores. (So if you play on quickplay your scores can be uploaded into the rock central database.) As well as allow us to choose our own characters and earn money in quick play.

I'd love these. :]
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited September 2008
    SuperMary;1226673 said:
    Fixes:
    1) Thirded fixing vocal practice mode. Biggest omission imo, but then again I am mainly a vocalist.:p

2) Not sure what has been done about online quitting, but they need to be given losses when they quit and have their quit/disconnect % shown.

3) Ability to save setlists.

4) More stats/stats and stars screen.

All of these should be patchable. The last two aren't personal problems of mine, but I'd like to see everyone enjoy rockband.:)

New features:
    1) Also, I have a suggestion for a new feature. Just like harmonix can change things up in botb mode where you can disable overdrive, have challenges for most stars, etc., give users the option to do those types of things locally.(likely too much for a patch though)

2) The ability to show on screen one character singing and playing an instrument.(though I realize this would take a ton of graphic and animation work; also likely too much for a patch)

Ex: People can have an "I'm better than you at these songs score-wise" battle against their friend without waiting for harmonix to post it up.

Personal Wishes:
    1) And sublime dlc. One of the biggest bugs in rb2 if you ask me.:D
  • KodyKong007KodyKong007 Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Being able to save setlists
  • visceral9visceral9 Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    Fee;1226534 said:
    if this thread is any indication http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78834

Mybe a a song stat section under Extras, they shows your stars and score for all the songs in the game, by solo, quickplay and each difficulty level. that way you have one place to see how your scores and stars.
    This. It is essential that we have some way of tracking our stars for downloadable content and Rockband 1 disk songs, separated by difficulty and instrument.
  • G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    I request solo mode! So we can see stars and score in a linear fashion like RB1; and easy to see what songs need to be improved.
  • troywhalentroywhalen Banned
    edited September 2008
    I would like for Rockband 2 to be on my doorstep

thanks?
  • MusePTMusePT Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    Vote for the Vocal practice to have sections like the other instruments have...

Also, would like to see an option to have Records for top 5 scores in each song, talking locally and have the ability to put in the Name of the person who did it, ex: My friend Matt comes over and we are playing with my PSN ID he beats my score on the guitar cause I suck at it, I wanted to be able to see that the player that achieved that score was Matt and not me, am I making myself clear?
    Or at least the ability to when I create a player I can insert a password on him so only I can use him, and put in the name of the person who uses it, and when that character is used and beats a score it automaticly puts in the name of the person name in the character profile... you can say that we have the PSN ID's but when someone comes over we will use my PSN ID not mine PSN ID and his/her PSN ID, so in the way it is now it doesn't distinguish if the scores were really achieved by me or by someone playing with my PSN ID... EX: Matt comes over, creates his character, inserts is name on the created character profile, puts in a password on the character so that character can only be used by putting in the pass when selecting him on the selecting rocker menu, and when that character beats a score, the name of Matt would be in the Local Rankings and Not mine...

I can make a pretty simple thing sound very complicated!!! :p

Also would like to see the starts that are missing now that the others have talked about!
  • Drift-X-EngageDrift-X-Engage Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    Vocal Practice mode definitely needs work! And if for some reason it has still been neglected, savable setlists!!
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2008
    I haven't got the game yet, so I can't point out any bugs..
    People are saying saveable setlists, isn't that already a feature? I thought you could create a setlist and keep it for like what everyone would want to play for a party or something. Or can you just create it on the spot, and when it's over it's over, is that the problem?

Also, having your score and stars next to the song in quickplay would be nice

What still bothers me most is the BoS Achievement though, and accidentially pressing the start and/or dashboard button. There have been rumors that you can toggle off the start button, is this true? If not, that's what I want, for the start button to be able to b e toggled on and off.
  • woicvandjwoicvandj Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    The screen with all your expert scores and stars for all the songs. Thirded. Or Fourthed or fifthed or w/e.
  • WhizKidRavenWhizKidRaven Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    Tattoos and piercings for more than just arms (and ears).

And the ability to see your scores for songs.
  • Atr0c1ousAtr0c1ous Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    Spydas;1226710 said:
    I would really like to see how many stars you have on each song in quickplay.
    PLEASE. Make it show the score AND the stars next to the song like it did in solo tour in Rock Band 1. The ability to go back to songs and upgrade my stars is what kept me playing rockband for months and months.
  • Electric_ZenElectric_Zen Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    1. We need to be able to browse stars along with scores in Quickplay mode.

2. We need a real Vocal practice mode.

3. We need to be able to save named playlists.
  • woicvandjwoicvandj Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    looks like most people are asking for the stars and scores, who would have thought? So... um...

????????????????????????????????????????
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited September 2008
    Ability to see your character play Guitar and sing at the same time.
  • Alphadown99Alphadown99 Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Alvarado6411;1227213 said:
    Multiple instruments at once***
  • fatalvendettafatalvendetta Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    Seconded/quoted for truth. Singing guitarist avatar in-game. Let our bands be power trios. (Think Blink 182 or Motorhead).

On a related note, for singing voxtars, to be able to use your second instrument to control vocalist menus so we don't need to have an extra controller plugged in.

Again. Voxtar avatars.
  • shawnr3150shawnr3150 Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    make an optional play mode for drums (maybe an extra difficulty level), that would make cymbals like extra notes instead of being used the same of the pads, when the note has to be a cymbal hit, it could be a different shape or something (rectangle for pad hit, diamond for cymbal hit?). this would be an awesome feature for people that beat everything on expert and want more challenge.
  • ffwarrior47ffwarrior47 Headliner
    edited September 2008
    this and vocal practice mode fixed up.
    :D
  • shawnr3150shawnr3150 Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    being able to see how good u did on each part of the song at the end, like guitar hero
  • FaustttFausttt Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    minor asthetic bug: the star meter is too dark for unfilled stars. as it fills it looks like it is almost filled right away. 1 shade lighter gray would be better for visibility.

when you assign backups for bands, insgtead of having to choose from ones you have created, it would be nice if you could select from the preset standard ones as well.

a much more rich character creator please. My wife and i were trying to make a band of old fat people and couldn't. white/gray hair on a young looking face just doesn't work

NPC maker. when you want to make characters you do not intend to play, it would be nice to choose from ANY outfit/instruments etc. i understand forcing you to play your character to get good stuff. but for "stand-ins" i don't want to have to make multiple characters to play and earn money.

expanded stats. when you beat a song some GH2/3 style stats would be great. how well on each section. how many notes hit/total. etc.

leaderboard for YOU. in otherwords you can view a list of all songs you have on the leaderboard and see what place you are for each. having 200+ songs. it is hard to remember which ones you have on leaderboard and which you dont.

differentiate between cymbal hits and non cymbal hits. to make it easy, couldn't you just use the "hammer-on" graphic for those notes, that way you wouldnt have to add any new note symbols and it would illustrate the "optional" method of playing those notes.
This discussion has been closed.