RB2 Bugs

BedeviledEggBedeviledEgg Opening Act
edited September 2008 in Rock Band
Started playing RB2 yesterday, and I'm experiencing some intermittent bugs.

1) Lag at the start of songs occasionally. The game will skip and hesitate for a second at the very beginning of a song. Usually it happens too early to cause a miss, but depending on the song and instrument it could happen after the first couple of notes.

2) Missing fill color bars on drums. Occasionally an overdrive fill will appear but the noteboard will be solid black, missing the clor bars that tell you it;s a fill. The fill will still work, and the green crash hit will appear, but only if you realize the fill is active and hit a drum or two during it. Very annoying.

Anyone else seen either of these bugs?

Comments

• ArmhunterArmhunter Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    There is a bug in the Character Creator. Choose a set of glasses.. Then try and choose NO glasses... You cant.. you have to wear something after you choose something.

Unless I am missing something.. But I tried everything to take them off...
  • KappaTIKappaTI Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    I did a random setlist, and they asked me if I wanted to play an encore that it would pick. So it should have been three random songs, but I ended up playing Spoonman twice, which was kind of annoying.
  • HokonosoHokonoso Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    Armhunter;1245049 said:
    There is a bug in the Character Creator. Choose a set of glasses.. Then try and choose NO glasses... You cant.. you have to wear something after you choose something.

Unless I am missing something.. But I tried everything to take them off...
    go to my closet, then accessories then glasses there is a no glasses option, only way to take em off but it works...
  • zerofanzerofan Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    I havent played the game long enough to notice anything yet...but i will keep an eye out for the things I just read here. Thanks!
  • BedeviledEggBedeviledEgg Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    No one else has seen the 2 issues I posted about? Interesting..
  • ArmhunterArmhunter Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    I had a song completely pause on me for about 2 seconds.. I do not remember what song..
  • BedeviledEggBedeviledEgg Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Armhunter;1245507 said:
    I had a song completely pause on me for about 2 seconds.. I do not remember what song..
    Was it at the very beginning? That's when it happens to me. Not every time, but often enough.
  • LegolElfLegolElf Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, I have had about 4 different songs freeze on me towards the beginning of a song. Usually about 30 seconds to a minute into the song. It will still be playing audio but the screen is froze then it will catch up about 4 or 5 seconds later. Really weird. It did it on three RB2 songs and one of my prior DLC songs. So not sure if it's disc or HD related.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited September 2008
    i just love it when im playing guitar or bass and all of a sudden i cant hear my guitar or bass sound, then like a minute later it comes back and since i am playing it thru an amp its loud already and it scares the holy living **** out of me.

i also love the dropping notes when you know damn well you can fc the damn song, but it drops them on the easiest of notes like the ones in a row.

still having to unlock all the songs is another pain in the ass, ive got almost 5 million in fans now and still havent played the damn gnr song yet.

thought i could have my own players made up in my band? cant figure out how to do this for the life of me.
  • PengwynsPengwyns Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    BedeviledEgg;1244925 said:
    Lag at the start of songs occasionally. The game will skip and hesitate for a second at the very beginning of a song. Usually it happens too early to cause a miss, but depending on the song and instrument it could happen after the first couple of notes.
    Played through all the disc songs on guitar yesterday as well as about 10 or so on bass. Never happened to me a single time.
  • iamravenousiamravenous Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    2) Missing fill color bars on drums. Occasionally an overdrive fill will appear but the noteboard will be solid black, missing the clor bars that tell you it;s a fill. The fill will still work, and the green crash hit will appear, but only if you realize the fill is active and hit a drum or two during it. Very annoying.

I can confirm this. It's the strangest thing. I don't remember the song, however.
  • barbaraann72barbaraann72 Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    I'll second the vocals. However, that just may require some user end tweaking in-game and home entertainment system.

Rockin' Me was out of synch with the rest of the songs. It was virtually unplayable.
  • tch0rttch0rt Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    I also don't remember what songs, but I've seen this a handful of times, too. Probably... 6 or 8 times already.
  • JaacarJaacar Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    The drum thing, on a related note. One of the early on songs in the challenges. There was a drum solo in it and right at the end there is an overdrive fill. The overdrive fill covers up the last note in the drum solo, making it impossible to get 100% on the solo. Can't recall the name of the song though. I'll look again tonight when I get home. Happened three times to me (it comes up pretty early in the band world tour too).
  • iamravenousiamravenous Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    Jaacar;1245726 said:
    There was a drum solo in it and right at the end there is an overdrive fill. The overdrive fill covers up the last note in the drum solo, making it impossible to get 100% on the solo.
    This also happened to me.
  • CaptainFeralCaptainFeral Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    I've had song skips. Like it'll just hang on a bit and repeat for a moment, or it'll altogether freeze.
  • ironman126ironman126 Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    There is a set list in berlin or something that has spoonman for the final song. Except when you get to it you end up playing kids in america instead.
  • v1g1lance1v1g1lance1 Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    Jaacar;1245726 said:
    The drum thing, on a related note. One of the early on songs in the challenges. There was a drum solo in it and right at the end there is an overdrive fill. The overdrive fill covers up the last note in the drum solo, making it impossible to get 100% on the solo. Can't recall the name of the song though. I'll look again tonight when I get home. Happened three times to me (it comes up pretty early in the band world tour too).

This is the "We got the beat" by the Go-Go's. There are 2 OD collection phases INSIDE the solo which, if you haven't filled up the od bar and activated just prior to the solo (least that's what I'm going to try), will cause you to get an activation right on the last note, giving you a 98% solo AND missing out on the perfect solo bonus score.

Peace,
    Ian
  • DJ IceDJ Ice Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    I too have had the song pauses. Although it was more in the neighborhood of 5 seconds.

It really is quite jarring to be 3/4's of the way through a song and have the fretboard just stop moving. We all lost our streaks, too.
  • DarkjadDarkjad Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    One of my friend's entire characters got wiped, and my 360 also froze on our first attempt at the No Pain, No Plane set (although I'm not entirely sure I blame RB2 for the freeze).
  • echo4papaecho4papa Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    DJ Ice;1246041 said:
    I too have had the song pauses. Although it was more in the neighborhood of 5 seconds.

It really is quite jarring to be 3/4's of the way through a song and have the fretboard just stop moving. We all lost our streaks, too.

Yeah, I had this happen about 30 seconds from the end of 'Eye of the Tiger'. The song stopped for a moment, but the drums kept working/making noise when i hit them.

The 'invisible' drum fill happened to me once also, though I don't remember which song. I thought it was an odd place for silence in the middle of a song, then a crash pops up, I thought I was going crazy.
  • y2j80y2j80 Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Started playing RB2 yesterday, and I'm experiencing some intermittent bugs.

1) Lag at the start of songs occasionally. The game will skip and hesitate for a second at the very beginning of a song. Usually it happens too early to cause a miss, but depending on the song and instrument it could happen after the first couple of notes.

nope didn't have this problem yesterday. Good luck!
  • ChessPieceFaceChessPieceFace Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    I bought the new "hero cape" (or something like that) from the new Thrift Shop store for one of my characters. Whenever he's shown from the back, there's large and noticeable clipping as the cape flaps in the breeze. Giant holes appear in it, with his shirt showing through. Pretty sloppy.
  • JaacarJaacar Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    v1g1lance1;1246029 said:
    This is the "We got the beat" by the Go-Go's. There are 2 OD collection phases INSIDE the solo which, if you haven't filled up the od bar and activated just prior to the solo (least that's what I'm going to try), will cause you to get an activation right on the last note, giving you a 98% solo AND missing out on the perfect solo bonus score.

Peace,
    Ian
    Thank you, saves me from playing through a few songs to find it. Yes, quite annoying. Funny how you can get 98% on the solo but still get 100% on the song though right? ;)
  • MorningThief581MorningThief581 Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    KappaTI;1245053 said:
    I did a random setlist, and they asked me if I wanted to play an encore that it would pick. So it should have been three random songs, but I ended up playing Spoonman twice, which was kind of annoying.
    same exact thing happened to me... with spoonman also.
    edited September 2008
    Jaacar;1246197 said:
    Thank you, saves me from playing through a few songs to find it. Yes, quite annoying. Funny how you can get 98% on the solo but still get 100% on the song though right? ;)
    Amen.

I gotta say, I love RB2, but I'm still figuring out how the hell to unlock everything LOL. It's funny, I'm so used to thinking linearly with these type of games, I'm bouncing around like a jack rabbit and not actually getting too far. I need to work on my solo career score :)

Peace,
    Ian
  • chico76chico76 Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    I've had the issue of the "added encore" song being the same as one of the random songs I just played. Had a set with "Alive" twice, back-to-back...
  • StahlbrandStahlbrand Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    ChessPieceFace;1246170 said:
    I bought the new "hero cape" (or something like that) from the new Thrift Shop store for one of my characters. Whenever he's shown from the back, there's large and noticeable clipping as the cape flaps in the breeze. Giant holes appear in it, with his shirt showing through. Pretty sloppy.
    This is a common problem with large "physic'd" (for lack of a better term ATM) objects in games. Capes, trenchcoats, long flowing robes - anything like this is prone to clipping problems. It takes alot of programming and CPU/GPU calculation space to get loose fabric to flow convincingly, while still collision detecting and deforming with other objects. In many cases its just more pratical to either limit the 'flow' and range of movement of the object and simplify its collision detecting (the hair in RB, limited movement range, still clips some bodies and clothing) or you can have it flow nicely and clip like mad.

Even City of Heroes, a caped-super-hero MMO has clip-tastic capes. Its not impossible to avoid, but sometimes its impractical.

tl;dr - you say 'sloppy' I say 'its that or nothing'.
  • LS1BanditLS1Bandit Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    v1g1lance1;1246341 said:

I gotta say, I love RB2, but I'm still figuring out how the hell to unlock everything LOL. It's funny, I'm so used to thinking linearly with these type of games, I'm bouncing around like a jack rabbit and not actually getting too far.
    You can unlock everything linearly if you want. Go to the challenges and follow the marathon challenges all the way up. It's basically just like doing the solo tour in RB1.
    edited September 2008
    Awesome, thank you - Marathon Challenges, here I come :)