Slash spills the beans - Guitar Hero: Metallica, Guitar Hero: Jimi Hendrix

sssrcr85sssrcr85 Opening Act
edited September 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
"As the original guy do you feel more invested in the game?
Well, having the Aerosmith guys do it was very cool ’cause Aerosmith’s one of the bands I was heavily influenced by. And Metallica’s doing it, that’s great. Those are two ones that I think gives it some credibility. And they’re doing a Hendrix one, which is great."

For the full interview: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/09/16/slash-on-his-solo-lp-guitar-hero-and-how-guns-n-roses-changed-fans-lives/

Way to milk that franchise Activision. It sucks that HMX created the GH name and now Activision is the one cashing in.

Comments

• MeleeManMeleeMan Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    Wow, Rock Band is a much better game.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited September 2008
    Wow.

This is really sad that they have to milk it like this.
  • LibertineStripesLibertineStripes Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    I would buy the Hendrix one.
  • sssrcr85sssrcr85 Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    I wonder why they insist on releasing games focusing on one band when they can just release DLC. It's just a blatant ripoff to charge people full price for half a game like GH:A was.
  • 72_tomahawk_7272_tomahawk_72 Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    What's so wrong with having a game based around a band?

I would buy Rock Band: Metallica
    Rock Band: In Flames
    Rock Band: Opeth
    etc.
  • edited September 2008
    sssrcr85;1256405 said:
    I wonder why they insist on releasing games focusing on one band when they can just release DLC. It's just a blatant ripoff to charge people full price for half a game like GH:A was.
    Think about how much 84 or so songs would cost you as DLC, how much does a disc cost?
  • dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    mercuryshadow09;1256425 said:
    Think about how much 84 or so songs would cost you as DLC, how much does a disc cost?
    Maybe. BUT, lack of convenience will be an issue.
  • sssrcr85sssrcr85 Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    GH: has only 41 songs. I doubt that any band specific games will have more than 50-60 songs.
  • WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
    edited September 2008
    Don't you people have something better to complain about?
    edited September 2008
    WhiffleBallTony;1256549 said:
    Don't you people have something better to complain about?
    You mean like how RB2 isn't out on PS3 yet?

:p

Besides, this may be good, but exchanging discs is very annoying.
  • benson111benson111 Eater of Fine Cupcakes
    edited September 2008
    dady5000;1256554 said:
    You mean like how RB2 isn't out on PS3 yet?

:p

Besides, this may be good, but exchanging discs is very annoying.
    INDEED. Also why would you really want to buy a Band specific game? Because they are you favorite band? I would rather have the option to buy my fav bands as DLC, and not have to play some of there songs that i do not like.
    Both games have there good/bad points. But to have a rythem game that is focused on a single band no matter how good they are, is simply trying to milk something for what it is worth. Now as long as Rock Band:AC/DC dosent become a reality, i will not hace to eat my asshat for lunch. ;)
  • gosox333gosox333 Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    I think DLC released games would be very inconvenient for the overall gamer. Not everybody has internet access or a credit card. I'd say at least 50% of us are missing one, if not both, of those things. Sure, it's very convenient for DLC buyers, but a separate disk is more accessable to the casual gamer. If they released GH:A as DLC only, then I, along with many other people, would have missed out on it.

What I think they should do is make a disk with the songs on it, and then have it be able to download to the HDD of your console. After that you can just download it to the origional game. I don't know if it's possible, but I think it's the right way to go with the band dedicated games.
    edited September 2008
    gosox333;1256598 said:
    I think DLC released games would be very inconvenient for the overall gamer. Not everybody has internet access or a credit card. I'd say at least 50% of us are missing one, if not both, of those things. Sure, it's very convenient for DLC buyers, but a separate disk is more accessable to the casual gamer. If they released GH:A as DLC only, then I, along with many other people, would have missed out on it.

What I think they should do is make a disk with the songs on it, and then have it be able to download to the HDD of your console. After that you can just download it to the origional game. I don't know if it's possible, but I think it's the right way to go with the one band games.
    I would support this. A disc that DLs the songs to your HD, maybe puts a few new features on the main game, and therefore you can still use the base disc.

Make it a 1 time thing, activated over the internet, and viola DLC, and some new stuff.
  • IRockSoAwesomeIRockSoAwesome Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    AnarchyintheUK;1256363 said:
    Wow Activision have a totally questionable lack of morals, way to go guys whoring out a dead person, I hope your happy.
    Whoring out a dead person?

Was the Grateful Dead DLC whoring out a dead person?
    Was The Who DLC whoring out a dead person?

Should these games never go after The Doors or The Beatles or Pink Floyd or any band that has a dead member because they would be whoring them out?

Hendrix is, without a doubt, one of the greatest guitarists of all time. He's an obvious fit for a game like Guitar Hero or Rock Band
    edited September 2008
    IRockSoAwesome;1256645 said:
    Whoring out a dead person?

Was the Grateful Dead DLC whoring out a dead person?
    Was The Who DLC whoring out a dead person?

Should these games never go after The Doors or The Beatles or Pink Floyd or any band that has a dead member because they would be whoring them out?

Hendrix is, without a doubt, one of the greatest guitarists of all time. He's an obvious fit for a game like Guitar Hero or Rock Band
    I agree with this.....to an extent. Single band games will come out and there is no way it will be stopped, but i just dont see any band that deserves a game all to themselves. regardless of how good they are. just my opinion though.
  • IRockSoAwesomeIRockSoAwesome Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    benson111;1256672 said:
    I agree with this.....to an extent. Single band games will come out and there is no way it will be stopped, but i just dont see any band that deserves a game all to themselves. regardless of how good they are. just my opinion though.
    I'm not saying I agree or disagree with a band getting their own game (though if they put out a Beatles solo game, I would be all up on that), but the idea that either game is whoring someone out by using their music is, to me, foolish.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited September 2008
    They're going to run the franchise and the entire genre of music games to the ground.

However I will only buy GH:JH if it has 1983.
    edited September 2008
    IRockSoAwesome;1256700 said:
    I'm not saying I agree or disagree with a band getting their own game (though if they put out a Beatles solo game, I would be all up on that), but the idea that either game is whoring someone out by using their music is, to me, foolish.
    Truth.
    The bands themselves are the ones whoring, or at least the owners of the rights. ;)
  • LZ_69LZ_69 Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    After reading about GH: Jimi Hendrix, I need to lie down for a minute......:(

*while lying down*
    Damn you ACTIVISION!!!! If they do release a Hendrix GH, I might not be able to resist the temptation this time.
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    It really depends on if an artist interests you enough to warrant 60 bucks for about 40-50 songs.

I will buy the Metallica one but neither the Hendrix or Aerosmith.

And I don't even consider it "whoring" out the franchise.....they just must feel the DLC route isn't the best way to go.
  • Phil ManutzPhil Manutz Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    AnarchyintheUK;1256363 said:
    Wow Activision have a totally questionable lack of morals, way to go guys whoring out a dead person, I hope your happy.
    ahh, I see. so what your saying is when an artist dies, their music should die with them? is releasing new cd's of music by dead artists whoring also? exactly how is their music supposed to continue to influence and entertain people, if it gets no more exposure? make sense please...........:rolleyes:
  • El_Metal_MetalEl_Metal_Metal Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    I'd buy it in a flash.
  • edited September 2008
    sssrcr85;1256543 said:
    GH: has only 41 songs. I doubt that any band specific games will have more than 50-60 songs.
    Ok 40 songs at 2 dollars a piece comes out to 80 dollars last time i bought a game, in fact it was Sunday, it was $59.95 at Wal-mart.
  • Colt_SteeleColt_Steele Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    Eman311;1256785 said:
    And I don't even consider it "whoring" out the franchise.....they just must feel the DLC route isn't the best way to go.
    I admit my hard drive is feeling the hurt after a year of music downloads, but I'd still rather choose what I pay for over a majority of disc-only content.
  • mlothar16mlothar16 Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    yeh but can you name off the top of your head even more than 40 hendrix songs you actually know really well, or would want to play? And 40 is a lot
    look at GH aerosmith good songs on there, but also a ton of crap like perry's solo stuff. I would rather have an albums worth of Hendrix greatness than 60 song where I know like 20 and really dont care about the rest of the overcharted mess
  • AeroZeppelinSevenfoldAeroZeppelinSevenfold Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    why do they have to ruin Hendrix? they are whoring him out like he is on disney channel or something. he even has an energy drink!

If only Jimi could see this. Of course he would probably like the idea of the game, but the fact that he is being whored out like a cash cow sickens me.
  • NegativeCreepNegativeCreep Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    I've lost respect for Hendrix
  • schmeankmanschmeankman Headliner
    edited September 2008
    NegativeCreep;1257725 said:
    This wins thread.

You lost respect for someone who's been dead for 20+ years, because of a decision he didn't make?
  • HamsterhitmanHamsterhitman Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    NegativeCreep;1257725 said:
    Er, I might be wrong, but I have this weird feeling that Jimi Hendrix didn't have a big say in letting his music be put into a video game, seeing as how he kinda... y'know... Died before video games existed.
  • TheBurningFireTheBurningFire Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    Uh.. aren't we all forgetting that we're getting full album DLC from a dead man?