Demon Hunter DLC?

MacGravelMacGravel Unsigned
edited February 2012 in Your Ultimate Setlist
I'm going to start this thread off and say something that I guarantee will be pointed out numerous times. Yes, Demon Hunter is a Christian band. Yes, I know some of you are Christian haters, some just don't care, and some are Christians (I'm a Christian myself, but I play and love a lot of the songs in Rock Band, regardless of lyrics or who the band is, because I play for the spirit of playing and just love to have fun.).

Demon Hunter being a Christian band or not, they've been featured on MTV2's Headbanger's Ball and Fuse TV. They also had a track in the Resident Evil: Apocalypse movie soundtrack. They've had members from The Agony Scene, 36 Crazyfists, Killswitch Engage and Thousand Foot Crutch featured in some of their songs. It just shows that this band is well liked regardless of what they believe in.

If you feel the need to point out something I've said here, make sure it's well thought out and not just "lol u dum", "lol christians" or anything a 9 year old would say. Put a little thought into why you think they shouldn't be included.

I think Demon Hunter is an amazing band (It's my favorite band), and have multiple songs that could be added that would be a blast to play. Songs that immediately come to mind that would be great additions are:

Not I
[url=]

Fading Away
[url=]

Not Ready to Die
[url=]

I Am You
[url=]

Storm the Gates of Hell
[url=]

These are just to name a few, and there are PLENTY of other good songs. If you like Demon Hunter or not, please vote!

If you do vote, please post so we can keep this thread sort of close to the top!

Comments

• FunkdeaconFunkdeacon Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    I kinda "skimmed" the songs, sounded pretty similar, but that isn't always a bad thing. I'm not against them, but I wouldn't want a full album or a big pack. If they killed the intro to "Not I" I would buy it, and maybe "Fading Away".
  • MacGravelMacGravel Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    I would love to have a single release, a 3 song pack, or even a full album. Also, the 30 second intro is actually a separate track. The person that uploaded that video added the 2 together. The real song starts at about 30 seconds, when the entire band starts playing.
  • bwschulzebwschulze Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    If I was going to put out a pack of their stuff, it would include:

Not I
    Beauty Through the Eyes of a Predator
    Infected
    Ribcage
    Undying
    Turn Your Back and Run
    Through the Black
    Sixteen
    Lead Us Home

I'm sure if HMX releases any Demon Hunter it will be in a track pack with other artists or a 3 pack at most. Maybe a Solid State or Tooth and Nail pack. Just an idea.
  • CantStopTheHoppCantStopTheHopp Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    Demon Hunter is one of the few bands I would pay more than $2/track. I would gladly download any of the above songs.
    edited September 2008
    bwschulze wrote: »
    I'm sure if HMX releases any Demon Hunter it will be in a track pack with other artists or a 3 pack at most.

That would be perfect. Anything would be perfect, as long as we can get some DH. :)
    Demon Hunter is one of the few bands I would pay more than $2/track. I would gladly download any of the above songs.

Same.
  • BaneOfIcarusBaneOfIcarus Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    Not a fan. Maybe I shouldn't have posted to keep this alive, but I suppose you're entitled to what you want. I don't think the chances are very good for......"Demon Hunter" though.
    edited September 2008
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, yes, and I would love for people to express that. Whether the chances are good or not, I still felt compelled to give it a shot!
    edited September 2008
    More people need to see this!
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited September 2008
    Demon Hunter is an absolutely terrible band and the vocalist is trying way too hard. All of his screams sound forced.
  • ShiltherShilther Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    I love Demon Hunter, I listened to them for a long time before I found out they were a Christian band, and I still listen to them because their religion has nothing to do with the sound of their music. Now then, some songs would be awesome, but sometimes the screaming isn't that great, I really want Carry Me Down.
    edited September 2008
    Shilther wrote: »
    I love Demon Hunter, I listened to them for a long time before I found out they were a Christian band, and I still listen to them because their religion has nothing to do with the sound of their music.

Exactly what I was trying to point out. Thank you.
    Shilther wrote: »
    I really want Carry Me Down.

Carry Me Down is an awesome song, but it would definitely be really easy.
    edited September 2008
    1 day bump-a-roonie!
  • Plan BPlan B Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    We need:

Beheaded
    Infected
    My Throat Is An Open Grave
    The Gauntlet
    Our Faces Fall Apart
    My Heartstrings Come Undone
    One Thousand Apologies
    Undying
    Deteriorate
    Carry Me Down
    edited September 2008
    Yes we do. All of those would be really fun to play.
  • Alk3fan007Alk3fan007 Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    if you have the cd that "not i" is on, the song doesnt have that intro, the intro is another track called the flame that guides us home demon hunter is amazzing. DLC all the way baby
    edited September 2008
    All the waaaaaaay!
  • bassHerobassHero Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    If it were older stuff, possibly just because it was the first "hardcore" band I ever listened to. So for the sake of memories I guess, maybe. Not the new stuff though. I don't like the band at all anymore.
    edited September 2008
    Old or new. I'll be glad with any of their stuff.
    edited September 2008
    Let's get some voooooootes!
    edited October 2008
    This band can't be that bad!
  • Plan BPlan B Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    MacGravel wrote: »
    This band can't be that bad!

They're not... people just like to cry about things...
    edited October 2008
    I guess if it's not a band that they specifically want, then they don't want them in the game. ;)
  • TkDiamonDTkDiamonD Rising Star
    edited October 2008
    how can christian bands sound so evil, that's what i don't get

but im down for some skillet (especially rebirth) :P

so nothing against christian bands as a whole, but this one isn't for me
    edited October 2008
    Demon Hunter sounds evil? How so? (I would also like some Skillet ;))
  • a7xforlifea7xforlife Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    demon hunter is one of my faves, i don't know why so many people dont like them. a Typritch (dont know how to spell it) or Storm The Gates Of Hell full album would be the best thing ever (besides A7X waking the fallen) infected is also a very good song.

also. YES skillet too please. some stuff off comatose and collide please.
    edited October 2008
    Yeah. Like I said before, anything from Demon Hunter would be awesome to have.
  • deevineh8treddeevineh8tred Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    I love how on their myspace they have these bad ass images but are wearing a collar. I laughed for hours. put me down for a "no" for demon hunter.
    edited October 2008
    A collar? Are you talking about what the priests wear?
  • Dimebag1625Dimebag1625 Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    I don't know anybody who likes Demon Hunter.
    edited October 2008
    16 people like Demon Hunter according to the poll. So now you do. ;)