Demon Hunter DLC?

Comments

• mrjsr05mrjsr05 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    MacGravel wrote: »
    I'm going to start this thread off and say something that I guarantee will be pointed out numerous times. Yes, Demon Hunter is a Christian band. Yes, I know some of you are Christian haters, some just don't care, and some are Christians (I'm a Christian myself, but I play and love a lot of the songs in Rock Band, regardless of lyrics or who the band is, because I play for the spirit of playing and just love to have fun.).

Demon Hunter being a Christian band or not, they've been featured on MTV2's Headbanger's Ball and Fuse TV. They also had a track in the Resident Evil: Apocalypse movie soundtrack. They've had members from The Agony Scene, 36 Crazyfists, Killswitch Engage and Thousand Foot Crutch featured in some of their songs. It just shows that this band is well liked regardless of what they believe in.

If you feel the need to point out something I've said here, make sure it's well thought out and not just "lol u dum", "lol christians" or anything a 9 year old would say. Put a little thought into why you think they shouldn't be included.

I think Demon Hunter is an amazing band (It's my favorite band), and have multiple songs that could be added that would be a blast to play. Songs that immediately come to mind that would be great additions are:

Not I
    [url=]

Fading Away
    [url=]

Not Ready to Die
    [url=]

I Am You
    [url=]

Storm the Gates of Hell
    [url=]

These are just to name a few, and there are PLENTY of other good songs. If you like Demon Hunter or not, please vote!

If you do vote, please post so we can keep this thread sort of close to the top!
    I agree that HMX Should Release a demon Hunter pack.
  • MacGravelMacGravel Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    I know! I can't wait for that album, and even Final Fantasy XIII comes out on the same day, haha. Also, if you haven't heard, they posted up a new song from the album on their myspace!

http://www.myspace.com/demonhunter - The song is called "Tie This Around Your Neck"

I absolutely CAN NOT wait!
  • PseudomaniacPseudomaniac Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Yes. Demon Hunter rocks.
  • YodamanjaroYodamanjaro Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    So after reading a few of these responses, I really do think Harmonix should release a Demon Hunter DLC.

What I would love to be on there:

One Thousand Apologies
    Deteriorate
    Fading Away
    Thorns
    Not Ready to Die
    Summer of Darkness
    I Play Dead

If I had to choose 3 as a DLC though I'd have to choose just these three:

1. Summer of Darkness
    2. One Thousand Apologies
    3. Deteriorate

and finally, if you ask me "Why resurrect this thread?" It's because I really would love to see Demon Hunter on DLC, and I'm pretty sure it'd be a pretty popular seller.
  • SinnboxSinnbox Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    I e-mailed the band and they said they are working on songs. I have no idea when they are going to be released though.
    edited March 2010
    Demon Hunter now has 5 new songs from their upcoming album The World Is A Thorn on their myspace! Check them out if you haven't!

Also, in anticipation of Demon Hunter's new album, I made some decals in FM3.

aaaaaaat.jpg
    aaaaafs.jpg
  • DeliHero22DeliHero22 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    I have wanted DH on Rock Band as DLC for quite some time now. It makes no sense to me why a band like Skillet (who in my opinion, while they are a good band, don't bring anything very new to the difficulty level of the game) is on the game, and a band like Underoath (who is *GASP* really similar to DH) is on the game, why shouldn't DH be on the game? I vote yes. And I want them to put "Collapsing" on there.

Oh, and Ryan Clark is actually growling more than he is screaming, and if you think that it is any easier to do that than scream, you have no idea.
  • bwschulzebwschulze Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    From the Rock Band Network section I read that "Collapsing" was a possible addition to the network. No idea when it will be released, but if it sells well I don't see why they wouldn't put more songs in the game.
  • DeliHero22DeliHero22 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Nice! That solo near the end is amazing. I was actually very surprised, because while they should be on RB because they totally just rock out, they rarely do guitar solos quite like that. Truly RB worthy material.
  • CleantoneCleantone Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    New album drops today! Collapsing and World Is A Thorn is in the works for RBN too.
  • bretmcpersonbretmcperson Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Demon hunter for rock band!
  • natedoggcatanatedoggcata Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    edited March 2010
    Yes!!! I can finally die happy!!!
  • CantStopTheHoppCantStopTheHopp Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    I really hope they put up more on RBN, especially their older stuff. Undying and Infected would be great additions.
  • BlueFantasyBlueFantasy Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    I swear we play "Collapsing" every day. X3 And it seems to be rated highly too!

I'm curious, though, where exactly is Skillet? I don't recall them in RB... but Kutless and Underoath are...
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    A band I'm just recently getting back into. I would buy anything from Demon Hunter.
    edited March 2010
    For those of you that don't know, Collapsing (from Demon Hunter's new album The World is A Thorn) has been released on the Rock Band Network for download for 160 MS Points. Go buy it and support the band!
  • BlueFantasyBlueFantasy Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    Does anyone know the holdup on The World Is a Thorn for RBN?
  • mrxfixitmrxfixit Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    is there any way you guys could release a skillet or red pack
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited July 2010
    mrxfixit wrote: »
    is there any way you guys could release a skillet or red pack

What does this have to do with Demon Hunter?
  • Pop-Mosh-KidPop-Mosh-Kid Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    i like christian hardcore. underoath is my favorite, but demon hunter would be great too. i voted yes
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited July 2010
    i like christian hardcore. underoath is my favorite, but demon hunter would be great too. i voted yes

There are already two Demon Hunter songs on RBN.

That is if you own an X-Box.
  • kevinbreyerkevinbreyer Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    I personally love a lot of Demon Hunter's slower songs, but their other songs are pretty good too. My Heartstrings Come Undone, I Play Dead, Carry Me Down, Collapsing, and of course One Thousand Apologies.
  • countofcountscountofcounts Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    "Not I" would have some awesome harmonies, so my vote goes for that song.
    Others that I think would be awesome: "Screams of the Undead", "Undying", and "Turn Your Back And Run".

PLEASE bring a Demon Hunter track pack!
  • mrjsr05mrjsr05 Road Warrior
    edited June 2012
    I've got some Good idea's for the Demon hunter Track pack! the song's that could be on the Track pack are.

1. God Forsaken
    2. Fading away
    3. My Heartstrings coming Undone
    4. My Destiny
  • I can't believe I haven't been to this thread before! I got hooked on Demon Hunter from RBN and the rest is history. I even have the special edition of their latest album, "Outlive". I would certainly appreciate some of the new singles, but if I had my way, my ultimate dlc would be the entire "True Defiance" album, but especially "God Forsaken". Demon Hunter now joins my top favorite bands besides Disturbed and Slipknot and I readily recommend it to metal fans, regardless of their "Christian Music" reputation.