Gowienczyk's RB3 setlist, I guess.

GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
edited October 2008 in Your Ultimate Setlist
Since everybody else is doing it, I guess I'd port out one of these fantasyland lists. It's spur of the moment so I don't know if it's that accurate. Tried to have it a bit broad.


1950s
Babes In The Woods - Bo Diddley
I'm Gonna Love You Too - Buddy Holly
Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry
Summertime Blues - Eddie Cochran

1960s
Street Song - 13th Floor Elevators
The House that Jack Built - Alan Price
Grapeland Gossip - Albert Collins
Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - The Animals
Car Crazy Cutie - The Beach Boys
Just A Little Bit - Blue Cheer
Sit Down I Think I Love you - Buffalo Springfield
Call On Me - Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band
Spooky - Classics IV
Sunshine of your Love - Cream
Keep Searching - Del Shannon
Man of the World - Fleetwood Mac
It's Good News Week - Hedgehoppers Anonymous
Silhouettes - Herman's Hermits
Wayfaring Stranger - HP Lovecraft
Bus Stop - The Hollies
White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane
Hi Ho (Silver Lining) - Jeff Beck
Wonderful World (Beautiful People) - Jimmy Cliff
Shakin' All Over - Johnny Kidd & The Pirates
The Stumble - John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers
Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland)? - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
The Daily Planet - Love
Pretty Flamingo - Manfred Mann
Tribute to Buddy Holly - Mike Berry
Tobacco Road - Nashville Teens
Angel of the Morning - PP Arnold
A Whiter Shade of Pale - Procul Harum
Too Long - Quicksilver Messenger Service
Play with Fire - The Rolling Stones
Hold on, I'm Comin' - Sam & Dave
Shake, Rattle, and Roll - Sam Cooke
Venus - Shocking Blue
Itchycoo Park - Small Faces
My Friend Jack Eats Sugarlumps - The Smoke
Good Golly Miss Molly - The Swinging Blue Jeans
One - Three Dog Night
Too Young to be One - The Turtles
Time of the Season - The Zombies

1970s
Play the Game - Atomic Rooster
You Should Be Dancing - The Bee Gees
The Wizard - Black Sabbath
Living in the Real World - Blondie
Stairway To The Stars - Blue

Comments

  • My name is FezMy name is Fez Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    Pretty good list, but there's WAY too much saturation in the 90's and 2000's. I mean, nothing by The Who? Deep Purple? Chicago? Boston? Queen? AC/DC? Blue Oyster Cult? The Eagles? ELP? I could keep going, but I think I got my point across. We don't need ALL of these bands or anything, but come on. You have 29 songs from the 50's to the 80's.

    Then you have 27 songs from the 90's. Two less songs than the last four decads combined.

    And then you have 46 songs in the 2000's. 10 less songs than the last five decades combined.

    Some good choices, though, I'm glad to see 3, a great choice for Dream Theater (one of the few songs I like by them). Great to see The Trooper, too.

    So yeah, good choics, but WAY too much bias to newer music.

    I mean, you DO have Rush, but how many Rush fans would be pissed to not have Fly By Night? I'd like to see 25 or 6 to 4 or Hotel California. Something along those lines.
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited September 2008
    My name is Fez;1334426 said:
    Pretty good list, but there's WAY too much saturation in the 90's and 2000's. I mean, nothing by The Who? Deep Purple? Chicago? Boston? Queen? AC/DC? Blue Oyster Cult? The Eagles? ELP? I could keep going, but I think I got my point across. We don't need ALL of these bands or anything, but come on. You have 29 songs from the 50's to the 80's.

    Then you have 27 songs from the 90's. Two less songs than the last four decads combined.

    And then you have 46 songs in the 2000's. 10 less songs than the last five decades combined.

    Some good choices, though, I'm glad to see 3, a great choice for Dream Theater (one of the few songs I like by them). Great to see The Trooper, too.

    So yeah, good choics, but WAY too much bias to newer music.

    I mean, you DO have Rush, but how many Rush fans would be pissed to not have Fly By Night? I'd like to see 25 or 6 to 4 or Hotel California. Something along those lines.
    Mostly due to the fact a lot of my pre-1980 music being untagged or wrongly tagged in the year slot. Not to mention I do not enjoy nor listen to a certain class of bands. Some were listed. Queen, AC/DC, The Eagles are all bands I do not personally enjoy.

    I know the contrast is biased, I kinda laughed when it ended up that way. It could of been much more biased!
  • dragonanthony86dragonanthony86 Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    the songs on the list that i've heard of are pretty good
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited September 2008
    dragonanthony86;1334892 said:
    the songs on the list that i've heard of are pretty good
    Neato and watnot.
  • HalimboHalimbo Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    Johnny B Goode would be amazing, although I'd get in too much of a Marty McFly mode....ZOMG

    the song Back In Time by Huey Lewis would be brilliant.
  • cdesteycdestey Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    The (International) Noise Conspiracy but no Refused?

    Party foul.
  • Zach_manZach_man Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    Nice list but like Fez pointed out there should be some ACDC and queen and boston in there..
  • cdesteycdestey Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    Zach_man;1338080 said:
    Nice list but like Fez pointed out there should be some ACDC and queen and boston in there..
    Not if he doesn't like those bands.
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited September 2008
    Zach_man;1338080 said:
    Nice list but like Fez pointed out there should be some ACDC and queen and boston in there..
    I don't really like AC/DC or Queen. So its no surprise that I didn't consider them.
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited September 2008
    cdestey;1338073 said:
    The (International) Noise Conspiracy but no Refused?

    Party foul.

    "a lot of my music being untagged or wrongly tagged in the year slot."

    I'd probably throw Refused's "New Noise" in there somewhere, honestly.
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited September 2008
    Halimbo;1338057 said:
    Johnny B Goode would be amazing, although I'd get in too much of a Marty McFly mode....ZOMG

    the song Back In Time by Huey Lewis would be brilliant.
    Hahahaha, you and me both!

  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited September 2008
    Updated the list a tad.
  • MuchachoMannMuchachoMann Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    That would be a painful Endless Setlist III.
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited September 2008
    MuchachoMann;1342770 said:
    That would be a painful Endless Setlist III.

    lolololol.

    XD

  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited October 2008
    I'm considering sorting it by difficulty, but I'm not sure, lol.
  • edited October 2008
    Can you make your font bigger so I don't have to squint and lean towards the cpu to read it? I'm sorry if its just my cpu being a r.etard like it always is
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited October 2008
    TheClashTheClashTheClash;1360854 said:
    Can you make your font bigger so I don't have to squint and lean towards the cpu to read it? I'm sorry if its just my cpu being a r.etard like it always is
    Ctrl +

    Use that shortcut if you need, I'm not going to change my habits because of a request.
    :(
  • WhiskeyJackWhiskeyJack Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    Overall, the list left me kind of cold. Sorry.

    That's not to say it was crap...
    Gowienczyk;1334256 said:

    Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry
    Summertime Blues - Eddie Cochran
    Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - The Animals
    Sunshine of your Love - Cream
    Tobacco Road - Nashville Teens
    Don't Blow Bubbles - Bad Brains
    Mr. Bass - Descendents
    I'm Above - Mad Season
    Jesus Built My Hotrod - Ministry
    Lips Like Morphine - Kill Hannah
    Gotta say, loved, LOVED, your inclusion of Kill Hannah and Chuck Berry, and you can't go wrong with The Descendants and Bad Brains

    So while the overall was a little "nah", certain picks were pure excellence.:D
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited October 2008
    WhiskeyJack;1361090 said:
    Overall, the list left me kind of cold. Sorry.

    That's not to say it was crap...



    Gotta say, loved, LOVED, your inclusion of Kill Hannah and Chuck Berry, and you can't go wrong with The Descendants and Bad Brains

    So while the overall was a little "nah", certain picks were pure excellence.:D
    Well I listed some bands I'm sure aren't very well known!
  • WhiskeyJackWhiskeyJack Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    Gowienczyk;1361097 said:
    Well I listed some bands I'm sure aren't very well known!
    Which I will say is a good thing. You had me looking up a few bands, which is never a bad thing.
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited October 2008
    WhiskeyJack;1361103 said:
    Which I will say is a good thing. You had me looking up a few bands, which is never a bad thing.
    Please do tell.
  • WhiskeyJackWhiskeyJack Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    HAD HEARD, BUT COULD NOT REMEMBER FOR THE LIFE OF ME:
    The House that Jack Built - Alan Price
    Shakin' All Over - Johnny Kidd & The Pirates
    Part of the Process - Morcheeba
    Burning The Witches - Warlock
    Let's Go Away - Rocketship

    HAD TO CHECK OUT FOR MYSELF:

    When You Left - Aden
    Moth - Failure
    Itchycoo Park - Small Faces
    My Friend Jack Eats Sugarlumps - The Smoke
    Keep up the Speed - Sahara Hotnights
    Steady As She Goes - Shellac
    Rebirth of the Temple - Silent Civilian
    Smash It Up - The (International) Noise Conspiracy
    Multiply and Divide - The Soviettes

    FORGOT TO ADD TO THE LIST OF SONGS YOU PICKED THAT I THOUGHT WAS EXCELLENT:

    Tribe - Gruntruck

    Great song that one.

    So there were quite a few I had to go threw.:D
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited October 2008
    WhiskeyJack;1361210 said:
    HAD HEARD, BUT COULD NOT REMEMBER FOR THE LIFE OF ME:
    The House that Jack Built - Alan Price
    Shakin' All Over - Johnny Kidd & The Pirates
    Part of the Process - Morcheeba
    Burning The Witches - Warlock
    Let's Go Away - Rocketship

    HAD TO CHECK OUT FOR MYSELF:

    When You Left - Aden
    Moth - Failure
    Itchycoo Park - Small Faces
    My Friend Jack Eats Sugarlumps - The Smoke
    Keep up the Speed - Sahara Hotnights
    Steady As She Goes - Shellac
    Rebirth of the Temple - Silent Civilian
    Smash It Up - The (International) Noise Conspiracy
    Multiply and Divide - The Soviettes

    FORGOT TO ADD TO THE LIST OF SONGS YOU PICKED THAT I THOUGHT WAS EXCELLENT:

    Tribe - Gruntruck

    Great song that one.

    So there were quite a few I had to go threw.:D

    Awesome! :)
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited October 2008
    My name is Gowienczyk;1334426 said:
    This message is hidden because Gowienczyk is on your ignore list.

    amazing set list.
  • edited October 2008
    Those are some pretty good songs. :O


    It'd be pretty fun.
  • GrantRSGrantRS Unsigned
    edited October 2008
    Hi Ho Silverlining? You've got to be joking right? Jeff Beck himself hates the song, or so I'm told. The best Jeff Beck material is the instrumental stuff from the mid 70s.

    Having said that you've made up for it with some of my favourite relatively obscure bands: Racer X, Freak Kitchen, Symphony X, Firewind to name a few.
    Then there's some great choices from Helloween, Maiden, Metallica, Rush (my favourite Rush song, by the way), Faith No More, Gary Moore (hell yeah!) and one of my favourite Dream Theater songs as well.

    Actually, come to think of it, I think you used to be in my last.fm neighbours list.
  • ShiningIdealShiningIdeal Rising Star
    edited October 2008
    Really a wonderful list - almost exactly the sort of list I would want. Not necessarily the specific artists but hitting the right areas. One or two that would bug me no doubt (Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood has been ruined forever for me by a horrible performance I once saw).

    My love for Melissa Auf Der Maur knows no bounds, and there are quite a few other squirm worthy. Velvet Underground or the Stooges would have added a good few extra cool points but I'll manage.
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited October 2008
    GrantRS;1363028 said:
    Hi Ho Silverlining? You've got to be joking right? Jeff Beck himself hates the song, or so I'm told. The best Jeff Beck material is the instrumental stuff from the mid 70s.

    Actually, come to think of it, I think you used to be in my last.fm neighbours list.
    I picked it because it was in my "1960s" library and also had vocals. Instrumentals would suck for a vocalist. On the last.fm thing, I don't know about that. Maybe.

    Heh.
    ShiningIdeal;1363040 said:
    Really a wonderful list - almost exactly the sort of list I would want. Not necessarily the specific artists but hitting the right areas. My love for Melissa Auf Der Maur knows no bounds, and there are quite a few other squirm worthy. Velvet Underground or the Stooges would have added a good few extra cool points but I'll manage.

    We do need some of Miss Maur, yeah. Then again we need a lot of stuff. Haha.
  • dragonanthony86dragonanthony86 Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    nice list, way more 60s music then i have on mine. in total for the 50s and 60s i have about 10 songs, but you managed to find a lot for those decades
  • Die-Guitar-HeroDie-Guitar-Hero Rising Star
    edited October 2008
    Just in terms of intrinsic party value, this list has maybe 6 songs your mom, girlfriend, or mainstream friends would know.
Sign In or Register to comment.