State of the new community site

Julio_No_MasJulio_No_Mas Opening Act
edited November 2007 in Announcements
Wha? I didn't know there was gonna be a new site! :confused:

Does that mean the boards will crash all the time like the original GH boards?

Comments

• TigerVossTigerVoss Unsigned
    edited November 2007
    Would hate to see Harmonix not be able to provide what they said they would...like a game that is compatible with "most" gaming guitars.
  • edited November 2007
    Sounds good to me. If theres one thing we've learned over the last couple of days its that things should never be rushed.
  • k_luvak_luva Unsigned
    edited November 2007
    In the meantime, we hope you are enjoying the game,
    Sean
    Would that be BEFORE or AFTER HMX sends me and all the other dudes in here a guitar that doesn't double strum....I understand things happen...but it appears HMX...isn't responding to anything.
  • hot_turkey_edhot_turkey_ed Unsigned
    edited November 2007
    hmxsean;129098 said:
    Hey all,

Here is where things stand - after a long weekend of trying to get the website out for the launch date, we've decided to hold off for a couple weeks to make sure the site is really done right. As awesome as it would be to launch alongside the game, it will be way more awesome to launch with a site we feel confident could handle tons of people simultaneously.

Therefore, we will probably be taking down the current community software either today or tomorrow. The forums will remain up and we'll still be on here all the time helping out where we can. Leaderboard info will still be viewable in-game in the "Community" section. Once the new site is up in early December, you will also be able to access the leaderboards there.

Sean
    That's cool. Very responsible. :)

Personally, I'd rather wait for a kick ass site. :cool:
  • vulgarmessiahvulgarmessiah Unsigned
    edited November 2007
    sure...why not ignore all the other problems?
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited November 2007
    Sounds good, I'd rather see it done right, than rushed. Early December isn't that bad at all either, not much of a delay.
  • edited November 2007
    No need to rush out a website with working leaderboards anyway. Plus there's gobs of new things to enjoy.
  • sonicbrewsonicbrew Opening Act
    edited November 2007
    As long as my equipment keeps working as intended, I won't complain :) Having a freaking blast with RB Sean; AWESOME GAME!!!!
  • SmidgetSmidget Rising Star
    edited November 2007
    Apples;130118 said:
    No need to rush out a website with working leaderboards anyway. Plus there's gobs of new things to enjoy.
    nod nod

(n33d m0r3 w0rd5)
  • edited November 2007
    It seems you're in the midst of updating something right now, but I thought I'd mention that there seems to be a permissions error when a user attempts to click to access their own profile. To reproduce, click on any profile name ahead of a message post, and select "View Public Profile."

Apples, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Not a big deal, but my posts look naked without an avatar on them. :)
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited November 2007
    I'm lucky I even got Rock Band on launch (some may recall me bitching about lack of funds). I can wait for the site. :D
  • QuastorQuastor Rising Star
    edited November 2007
    The only way I can identify people now is by their post counts. :( It's so weird without the avatars.

I think, however, once avatars come back, Sean needs to set his avatar to his picture from the credits. That way everyone will recognize him.
  • EastwoodEastwood Rising Star
    edited November 2007
    I'm used to scanning by pic. I didn't know that "Smoking Man" was you Quastor... :D
  • edited November 2007
    Glad the vB PM system is turned on now.
    I never did like the original one that was here.

ETA: And sigs are now working using the forum's code.
    Go to UserCP link at top and select Signature on left menu.
  • edited November 2007
    It does not appear that email addresses were migrated with user accounts. So if you like your email notifications for PM's and whatnot, you need to go into your profile and re-add it.

Also, I see you can now add your ICQ/AIM/Skype account names to your profile. In the interests of social networking, it might be interesting to put in optional slots for XBLive gamertag and PS3 account name.
  • QuastorQuastor Rising Star
    edited November 2007
    Apples;131307 said:

Also, I see you can now add your ICQ/AIM/Skype account names to your profile. In the interests of social networking, it might be interesting to put in optional slots for XBLive gamertag and PS3 account name.
    I'm not putting my gamertag out for all the world to see. If someone wants to add me as a friend, they can PM me, and I'll determine on a case-by-case basis if they're worthy.

Yes, Apples, you are.
  • _GABO__GABO_ Opening Act
    edited November 2007
    McDeezy;129144 said:
    Will post counts and avatars be erased? I know this sounds *** but I just wanna know.
    McDeezy, avatars and signatures have been erased, as well as our access to user profile pages is no longer valid (community areas, you could say). Also, you may notice that the "HOME" "MY ACCOUNT" and "FORUMS", as well as other, links are no longer below the RockBand banner at the top of any page on the forums. This is because,
    hmxsean;129098 said:
    Therefore, we will probably be taking down the current community software either today or tomorrow.
    I'm not thrilled about it either (however, that's mainly because I just still haven't gotten RockBand yet to hold me from these here parts), but it still works as a basic forum. So be happy it's still here and not just another 404.
  • edited November 2007
    Apples;131307 said:
    It does not appear that email addresses were migrated with user accounts. So if you like your email notifications for PM's and whatnot, you need to go into your profile and re-add it.
    :D (inside Joke for Apples)

I have noticed that even after entering your email addresses into vB's system (User CP), emails still do not seen to be working or sent. I made sure email notification of PMs was checked on.

Additional Profile fields are a great idea but permissions are keeping us out from viewing other's profiles.
  • uglyteradonuglyteradon Unsigned
    edited November 2007
    I've been looking for information on this community site for about an hour. I was starting to think that I had dreamed the whole thing up. I can't wait until it goes live, it's really going to expand the entire game.
  • Hellcat305Hellcat305 Unsigned
    edited November 2007
    So can we look forward to things such as the following mentioned online?

A reference from Wikipedia for Rock Band (video game) under Online community.

"On October 25, 2007, Harmonix and MTV announced RockBand.com will be transformed into a community website for Rock Band at launch. The site will allow for leaderboards, customizable band profile pages with stats, a classified area for bands to find additional members, band blogs, online forums, band photo shoots, and other sharing features.[42] Additionally, the website will allow bands to interact with their in-game characters in a variety of ways. Players can pose their avatars, create fake album art for their band, and order T-shirts and bumper stickers based on these creations.[9] Players will also be able to purchase figurines based on their in-game characters.[9]"

Also hoping to see online tourneys such as the GH site is doing...

So far so good here and glad to be a part of all of this! :D
  • AtsumiAtsumi Opening Act
    edited November 2007
    I miss the community features, but I bet it will all be worth it in the end.

I do want my avatar back, though. :p
  • AVC808AVC808 Rising Star
    edited November 2007
    i guess theyre already testing the new site. i tried to reach the forums through the main page and got the new "rockers" page...and nothing but broken links. i had to get back to the forums through a google search since i dont have them bookmarked :)
  • HMXJohnlokHMXJohnlok Harmonix Developer
    edited November 2007
    Just FYI: the downtime earlier was a totally unrelated issue. We're still working on the getting the new community stuff up ASAP - just letting you know in case you were all excited and antsy!
  • djbargdjbarg Unsigned
    edited November 2007
    HMXJohnlok;150950 said:
    Just FYI: the downtime earlier was a totally unrelated issue. We're still working on the getting the new community stuff up ASAP - just letting you know in case you were all excited and antsy!
    How about worrying about getting replacement controllers out to your consumers? I could personally care less about the website UNTIL I GET A WORKING CONTROLLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited November 2007
    HMXJohnlok;150950 said:
    I hear there's cake for everyone just as soon as you launch the new site. Better hurry before they cut it without you. :D
  • HMXJohnlokHMXJohnlok Harmonix Developer
    edited November 2007
    djbarg;150975 said:
    How about worrying about getting replacement controllers out to your consumers? I could personally care less about the website UNTIL I GET A WORKING CONTROLLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    EA (Rock Band) support phone number: (650) 628-1001
    Web: http://support.ea.com/rockband
  • djbargdjbarg Unsigned
    edited November 2007
    HMXJohnlok;150984 said:
    EA (Rock Band) support phone number: (650) 628-1001
    Web: http://support.ea.com/rockband
    Been there, done that, got the tshirt, err no I mean got the replacement guitar, no wait that's not right either.
    Oh yeah - got nothing except a $100 hold on my credit card and billing infor sent to UPS.

Sorry for the confusion
  • Firebird0889Firebird0889 Unsigned
    edited November 2007
    How do you make a post so that everyone can see it? Where can you find your stats that show your rank? I looked at the leaderboards and it said i was 935 but out of how many? Please help me cause i have no idea how to work this website. Thanks
  • stickshady2007stickshady2007 Unsigned
    edited November 2007
    Way to announce if there going to be a fan cap patch or not or other folks problems
  • codmancodman Unsigned
    edited November 2007
    hmxsean;129098 said:
    Hey all,

Here is where things stand - after a long weekend of trying to get the website out for the launch date, we've decided to hold off for a couple weeks to make sure the site is really done right. As awesome as it would be to launch alongside the game, it will be way more awesome to launch with a site we feel confident could handle tons of people simultaneously.

Therefore, we will probably be taking down the current community software either today or tomorrow. The forums will remain up and we'll still be on here all the time helping out where we can. Leaderboard info will still be viewable in-game in the "Community" section. Once the new site is up in early December, you will also be able to access the leaderboards there.

Sean
    Ya, Thankfully GameStop let me exchange my copy of RockBullS#!$ straight up for Uncharted Drake's Fortune. So ya, I'm enjoying the game, its just not your extremely broken game. I would like to thank EA/Harmonix for the false advertising and unplayable game. I would also thank you for the stress and I will never ASSume that what you say is true or said with good intent.
This discussion has been closed.