What happens if UPS loses my package?

BanandyBanandy Opening Act
edited September 2008 in Rock Band
So, ordered a RB2 drum RMA last week..and the box got here on Thursday, and I shipped the package on Saturday. It was supposed to get there on 9/29, but had a rescheduled delivery on 9/30.

Problem is, it still hasn't been shipped out to be delivered. It just stopped getting tracked after Livonia, MI..which is like 10 minutes (according to mapquest) from Redford, MI - the place where they process rma's. I know it's still a day too early to know, but what would happen if they DID lose the package?

Who would I contact..UPS, or EA Support? I'm thinking the latter, but just wanna make sure. Oh..and pic:

http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hicu6.jpg

Comments

• BanandyBanandy Opening Act
    edited September 2008
  • Joshua12Joshua12 Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    So hows the weather in NJ??
  • nova5nova5 Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    repaid label right? Not directly your problem but i'd make sure to notify EA so they don't charge you the cost of the instrument not returned.
  • Phoenixavatar2Phoenixavatar2 Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    They didn't lose your package. It's almost there but not quite. Start worrying when there's say a week between updates. I'd bet you a new set of drums that you'll see your delivery confirmation tomorrow.
    edited September 2008
    Joshua12;1350775 said:
    So hows the weather in NJ??
    It's actually fine, thanks for asking :rolleyes:
    nova5;1350777 said:
    repaid label right? Not directly your problem but i'd make sure to notify EA so they don't charge you the cost of the instrument not returned.
    Noo, it's the instrument I sent in to get a new one back. I did the standard replacement, and I'm scared they won't give me one back because they didn't receive mine.

But it's UPS' fault >:|
    edited September 2008
    Phoenixavatar2;1350794 said:
    They didn't lose your package. It's almost there but not quite. Start worrying when there's say a week between updates. I'd bet you a new set of drums that you'll see your delivery confirmation tomorrow.
    I hope so..I'll hold you to that btw, lol :)
  • Joshua12Joshua12 Rising Star
    edited September 2008
    I got my drum pedal before I had to send them in mine.
  • GalbrezuGalbrezu Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Call support then and explain the situation, those tracking numbers often don't update for a day or two so give it a while.
  • JixzerJixzer Hillbilly Deluxe
    edited September 2008
    Call EA and let them know. They are going to have to do a trace on the package to see where the disconnect is. I'm currently having the same issue with UPS, only at an earlier stage. The box EA sent me to send back my drums were last tracked in IL, on the 23rd...and nothing since. I called EA and they are doing a trace on that package but set me up with a new one in the meantime.

The only bad side to your situation is traces take time, and if EA won't replace your drums untill they receive the ones you sent or finalize the trace...you could be in for a long wait. I had to do a trace on a graphics card I bought from NewEgg and it took almost 2 months to get it. But that was NewEgg, I don't know how EA will handle this.
  • HagiosHagios Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    It could also very well be on the truck and out for delivery right now. Those tracking updates are the result of information generated when a package is scanned during transport. There's a number of different reasons why it could have ended up being loaded on the package car but wasn't scanned. On the other hand, it's also entirely possible that it got mistakenly loaded into a feeder bound for another State, also without being scanned, which would delay the delivery date again by a little.

I could also list several other possibilities of what could have potentially happened that would delay the package (I worked in a major UPS hub for a little over 8 years, and I've just about seen it all), seeing that the last time it was scanned was just yesterday, going as far as to say that it's lost already is a huge stretch.
  • jdimstrbeanjdimstrbean Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    I'm having a similar problem, except it seems more of EA's fault than UPS. I chose the express delivery and UPS reports the RMA'd drums as delivered as of like 10 days ago, but EA is claiming they still haven't received them. At least I got a UPS receipt.

EA hasn't responded to me online, so I guess I'll have to call. It's ridiculous that they'll charge me $125 or whatever for a RB1 drumset that I could've bought at any store for $50.
    edited September 2008
    I guess I'll wait until tomorrow to make sure what's happening. If it doesn't update by tomorrow, then I'll call EA and ask what's up.
  • NogNoggaNogNogga Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    UPS has thrown away my drum coffin twice now.

Just give EA a call and they'll set you up with an express order (the credit card one), or at least, they did for me on both occasions.
    edited September 2008
    NogNogga;1351335 said:
    UPS has thrown away my drum coffin twice now.

Just give EA a call and they'll set you up with an express order (the credit card one), or at least, they did for me on both occasions.

You mean EA lost your broken drums twice? Don't really understand 'the lingo' lol.

And when you called..they gave you an express order for free, or what? Because once when they lost my guitar they said that they made a mistake and gave me an express for free..
  • chifhchifh Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    I agree with everyone telling you to wait.

UPS is usually pretty good with updates, but don't hesitate to call them to confirm your package is okay.

Under the extreme condition that the drums ARE lost, you'll have to file a lost package claim with UPS, I believe. Considering it wouldn't be EA's fault the package never got there.
  • GryffindorGryffindor Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    chifh;1351878 said:
    I agree with everyone telling you to wait.

UPS is usually pretty good with updates, but don't hesitate to call them to confirm your package is okay.

Under the extreme condition that the drums ARE lost, you'll have to file a lost package claim with UPS, I believe. Considering it wouldn't be EA's fault the package never got there.
    The end-user can't file a claim since it's not their UPS account number.

It's very likely that UPS simply hasn't updated their system yet. A guitar I sent in has been showing as "Out for delivery" since 3 a.m. this morning and has yet to be updated as "Delivered".

If you don't see it delivered by tomorrow, you need to call EA and get it worked out. They're running REALLY slow on standard RMA's right now. They've had my other guitar and drumkit since the 17th and I still don't have a tracking number or an updated status on when they'll be shipping my replacement equipment to me.

EA's # 650-628-1001 - press 3
  • dgiles79dgiles79 Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    I work for UPS, and the short story is the package will be delivered tomorrow.

The long explanation is that the original delivery address is created based on when UPS receives the billing information (When EA created the shipping label). But obviously you didn't ship it that same day, because EA had to ship you the label.

It takes 2 business days between those 2 locations, and if you shipped it on Saturday, the delivery day will be Wednesday. You can call 1-800-PICK-UPS if you want to confirm this.