My hourly commentary of the endless setlist 2

AlphaUltimaAlphaUltima Opening Act
edited October 2008 in Rock Band
Hour 1
drank some water to stay hydrated, felt pretty sleepy, about 14 songs done.

Hour 2
washed my face during one of the 20 second breaks. felt more awake. got 15 done now thanks to 'hello there'.

Hour 3
damn you 'shooting star' taking 6 whole minutes. only 13 songs done, but at the halfway point now.

Hour 4
decided to sit on the floor to stay awake. lots of quick songs here, except for 'tangled in blue' which bored the hell out of me. 15 songs done.

Hour 5
This is the crappiest hour, with three long-ass songs in a row (teenage riot, let there be rock, and aqualung), plus i felt like peeing around this time. only 11 songs done.

Hour 6
'carry on my wayward son' to start me off on the final hour, vision was a mess and panic attack was fragging long. painkiller was also long but it was finally over.

6 hours, 20 minutes later, i got $50k, 179k fans for the med. cap :( and 5 starred every song, so i don't have to cross that thing again until i can recruit some decent players in my group. i backed up my save on a memory card and took a nice long loo.

Comments

• moonshine_desmoonshine_des Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    Did you sing? Did you like the scream thing at the end of it? I did it late at night and I think I scared my neighbors.. Also, hour 5 made me giggle.
  • aremisaremis Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    I'm waiting on Saturday to pull it off. Have two buddies coming over, so were going to go g-b-d.
    is it like RB1, where although there is no "intermission" so to speak, you can still use the pause button for a break?
    If so, we agreed that we will do 10 songs at a time, take a 5 minute pisser/smoke/drink break, and continue.
  • ExayleExayle Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    You can take as many breaks as you'd like, and pause your way to platinum status. But the moment you bring up the dashboard or pause-screen, or fail a song, you lose the chance to net the Bladder of Steel achievement. I'd recommend bottle-capping off all the guide + start buttons on your instruments; I guarantee that you or one of your friends will otherwise slip.
  • aremisaremis Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    Exayle;1362671 said:
    You can take as many breaks as you'd like, and pause your way to platinum status. But the moment you bring up the dashboard or pause-screen, or fail a song, you lose the chance to net the Bladder of Steel achievement. I'd recommend bottle-capping off all the guide + start buttons on your instruments; I guarantee that you or one of your friends will otherwise slip.
    Ah, see...was not aware of the difference between platinum status and bladder of steel. I think I'll stick with Platinum when they come over, and redo it alone next weekend, so that I can guarantee getting it.

Thanks for clarifying it for me. Mucho appreciated.
  • AlphaUltimaAlphaUltima Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    i did guitar with my wired bass and i duct-taped the guide button with a gatorade cap.
  • Han DaimondHan Daimond Letdown
    edited October 2008
    So, the last song is Painkiller? We don't need to play Visions or any other Bonus tracks?

I might give it a shot on vocals tomorrow.
  • AlphaUltimaAlphaUltima Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    you play ALL disc songs including bonus tracks.

the last five songs are like:
    peace sells - battery - visions - panic attack - painkiller

my reaction to these were:
    repetitive - offbeat - flustercuck - loooong - finally it's over
  • darkrei9ndarkrei9n Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
  • griffinmillsgriffinmills Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    Meh, folks seem to say offbeat when they mean off tempo.