Will you be getting Black Ice?

agentnncagentnnc Road Warrior
edited October 2008 in History of Rock
Who here is getting AC/DC's new album Black Ice when it comes out?

There are three different album covers (plus the deluxe edition so four)

Check 'em out here: http://acdc-preorder.shop.musictoday.com/Dept.aspx?cp=14359_14367

I'm getting the deluxe edition.

Poll coming in a few seconds.

Comments

• Mister_Rogers69Mister_Rogers69 Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    no, im going to pass

anything they released after the 80s was terrible, pretty sure this will be the same.

While I like AC/DC, I cant listen to a lot of their music back to back without geting bored seeing it sounds similar for the most part.

Really pissed that Sirius replaced the punk channel 29 with an all AC/DC station
  • WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
    edited October 2008
    I'll probably just download it via torrent. I don't feel like supporting Walmart.
  • AxlVanHagarAxlVanHagar Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    I'll most likely pick it up based on the strength of the first single. Sounds like Classic AC/DC, easily best sounding thing since For Those About To Rock. We're selling it at 13.99 and that seems to be a pretty decent price point for a new album.
  • benson111benson111 Eater of Fine Cupcakes
    edited October 2008
    There is a new single on You tube
    Linkage, since i didnt want to post any thing copyrighted.. :rolleyes:
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=New+AC%2FDC+war&search_type=&aq=f
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    absolutely not. When they resurrect Bon Scott, I'll buy an AC/DC album. Brian Johnson doesn't even deserve piracy.
  • Coheed.Coheed. Jerk Face
    edited October 2008
    i never cared for acdc in the past, but this past week has made me staight up hate them. so, no, not giving any money to them, ever.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    Yes, I will! AC/DC is the one of the only bands to really retain their style over 30 years.

However, I'm not too excited for AC/DC Live for RB.
    edited October 2008
    sonicnerd23;1366601 said:
    Yes, I will! AC/DC is the one of the only bands to really retain their style over 30 years.

so you think its a good thing to never change your style and write the same song over and over again?????
  • thedoorsdkthedoorsdk Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    I'll probably pick it up one or another. Not expecting too much though.
    Huge AC/DC fan, but like most, I'm more of a Bon Scott guy. Nothing against Brian, but the music was way better back in the day.
    edited October 2008
    Coheed.;1366634 said:
    so you think its a good thing to never change your style and write the same song over and over again?????
    And you say change is always good? Look at 90's Metallica.
  • AxlVanHagarAxlVanHagar Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    Coheed.;1366634 said:

I get what you're saying and for the most part I do agree with you. A band/artist should always evolve somewhat buuuut there are exceptions to every rule. in this case a band like AC/DC has never pretended to be something they are not nor have they made any bones about the fact that they are a simple 3 chord hard rock band. Period.

I respect that. Same way I do about Motorhead and while not the same genre at all Poison. All these bands do what they do and that's it and they stick to doing what they do best. It's the if it ain't broke don't fix it mentality. Hell Angus has even joked about the fact that they get accused of re-making the same album over and over. May not be your thing and I get that.

While change is and evolving is good, for me there is nothing worse than watching a band try to be something they aren't or trend hop and try to deny what they are.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited October 2008
    Mister_Rogers69;1366325 said:
    no, im going to pass

anything they released after the 80s was terrible, pretty sure this will be the same.

While I like AC/DC, I cant listen to a lot of their music back to back without geting bored seeing it sounds similar for the most part.

Really pissed that Sirius replaced the punk channel 29 with an all AC/DC station
    XM did this too. They aren't bringing the punk back until January of next year. :(

And I'm on the fence with Black Ice. Perhaps I'll borrow it from a friend before I decide to buy it since I'm strapped for cash at the moment.
  • SteelersFreak1SteelersFreak1 Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    Yep, I have a the Deluxe Edition pre-ordered.
    edited October 2008
    sonicnerd23;1366672 said:
    And you say change is always good? Look at 90's Metallica.
    look at rush. change CAN be good.
    edited October 2008
    sonicnerd23;1366601 said:

LOL Despite my hatred for post-Bon Scott AC/DC, I am actually excited for the rock band tracks. :) If you buy black ice, there's no setting to mute brian johnson's strained grunting. In Rock band, however, all you have to do is have someone who can do a good Bon Scott impersonation (I recommend the singer for "Boned") and you can be on the Highway to Hell. Awesome.
  • Mister_Rogers69Mister_Rogers69 Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    Coheed.;1366634 said:
    +1

having a distinct sound is fine, but that doesn't mean you can get away with re-writing the same three songs with the same solo just two or three extra notes.
  • agentnncagentnnc Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
  • borrowedchiefborrowedchief Unsigned
    edited October 2008
    I'm really going to wait to hear some more before getting this. Sometimes older bands new albums are huge flops as they try to modernize themselves. Keep it real AC/DC!!!
  • Gargoyle2500Gargoyle2500 Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    borrowedchief;1370843 said:
    I'm really going to wait to hear some more before getting this. Sometimes older bands new albums are huge flops as they try to modernize themselves. Keep it real AC/DC!!!
    Name some bands that, in your opinion, did this.
  • CrimsonIdolCrimsonIdol Unsigned
    edited October 2008
    I'll be getting it simply because I have everything else by them already and want to keep the collection complete, I haven't had time to listen to the singles yet but AC/DC were one of my first band loves so I'm happy to keep supporting them (as they got me into music really).

I keep seeing people saying that they've done nothing good since the early 80's, or since Bon Scott, but personally The Razors Edge is one of my favourite albums period let alone AC/DC albums. I also quite like Ballbreaker, not so fond of Stiff Upper Lip though. There are tracks on all the albums that I love but the only ALBUMS that stood out for me were Highway to Hell, Back in Black, Razors Edge, Ballbreaker.. and possible Blow up Your Video.
  • NourezNourez Rising Star
    edited October 2008
    I'll wait and see how it sounds. Bon Scott is better than Brian Johnson, but who knows, this might be great. I'll let some of my AC/DC obsessed friends pick it up first, and then I'll see where to go from there.
    edited October 2008
    Gargoyle2500;1371903 said:
    Name some bands that, in your opinion, did this.
    Metallica.
    edited October 2008
    Coheed.;1366759 said:
    look at rush. change CAN be good.
    *looks at 90's Rush**barfs*

Yeah... My opinion.
  • agentnncagentnnc Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    Here's one of their songs, sounds pretty good http://www.acdc.com/acdc101/

ALL ABOARD THE ROCK 'N ROLL TRAIN XD
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited October 2008
    WhiffleBallTony;1366400 said:
    I'll probably just download it via torrent. I don't feel like supporting Walmart.
    Why is that? Personally, the only thing I have against them is that they refuse to carry explicit CD's...
    edited October 2008
    instantdeath999;1377543 said:
    Why is that? Personally, the only thing I have against them is that they refuse to carry explicit CD's...
    that and the fact that they harm communities by pricing below what other stores can sell for, refusing to pay their employees a living wage (or give them benefits or allow them to form unions). Not to mention that poor people shop there, so it smells bad.
  • GNRrockslifeGNRrockslife Rising Star
    edited October 2008
    Coheed.;1366634 said:
    If it's not broken don't fix it.

I'm getting the deluxe edition and vinyl, and one of my buddies who works at a record store already hooked me up with a promo 7" of Rock N' Roll Train b/w War Machine.