Refused

use_your_shoeuse_your_shoe Unsigned
edited July 2011 in Your Ultimate Setlist
Alright, first off: yes, this is my first post, but I've been reading the RB forums for months (since I got the game in late June).

There are numerous threads making cases that certain bands should be in the game for certain reasons. Rock Band is a game that bridges the gap between generations, introducing the younger ones to Steely Dan and The Who and the older ones to Paramore and Panic! At The Disco.

While the focus of the game should always remain on the fun, I feel that Rock Band is a great way for us all to experience the history of rock in a casual and fun manner. As such, I am a strong proponent of making songs by such bands as Genesis and Refused part of the collection.

Seeing as how there's already a thread for Genesis, this one will be for Refused. Yes, I've already searched this forum, and there appears to be no other asking for Refused.

Now, there's not a whole lot I can say that isn't documented on their Wikipedia page, but I'm not here to give you facts, I'm here to present my case to place them in the Rock Band franchise's track list.

Refused played an important role in the hardcore scene of the late 90s and influenced many rock bands that we know all too well. Mark Hoppus of Blink-182 stated in a video interview following their Take Off Your Pants and Jacket album that they were listening to a lot of Refused at the time, perhaps explaining the harder sound as compared to their previous release, Enema of the State. The Used frequently cover the Refused song "New Noise". Hell, even Paramore borrows one of their lines.

I know I'm not alone in thinking that these guys should be immortalized in a Rock Band game (or at least the DLC).

Oh, and "New Noise" would be a fun song to play. :)

Click here to hear some of their songs

Comments