ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
edited July 2011 in Your Ultimate Setlist
[B][CENTER]
The Official

Sigur R

Comments

• FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    i'll throw my support in, but we've been up to this with many different bands for over a year now Coldplayer, with virtually zero luck. so u know my support doesn't mean much!
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited October 2008
    FatWilma;1400467 said:
    i'll throw my support in, but we've been up to this with many different bands for over a year now Coldplayer, with virtually zero luck. so u know my support doesn't mean much!
    Yeah, yeah, I know. But you know how much I love Sigur R
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited October 2008
    as much as i enjoy sigur ros...i don't really want them in RB. They just aren't quite up tempo enough for the game
    edited October 2008
    Oscar-Rio;1401295 said:
    as much as i enjoy sigur ros...i don't really want them in RB. They just aren't quite up tempo enough for the game
    I think the ending of Untitled 8 is up tempo enough. But like I said, I would actually like to have some slower songs in the game.
    And Sigur R
  • ShiningIdealShiningIdeal Rising Star
    edited October 2008
    You know what? I'm sold - I came in from the thread title thinking of every reason it wouldn't work but you are right. There is no real reason it couldn't and of course I love Sigur Ros. Who doesn't?
    edited October 2008
    ShiningIdeal;1402869 said:
    You know what? I'm sold - I came in from the thread title thinking of every reason it wouldn't work but you are right. There is no real reason it couldn't and of course I love Sigur Ros. Who doesn't?
    Haha, thanks! I'm glad I could convince you.

And to answer your question, unfortunately there are people out there who can't hear the beauty of Sigur R
  • kvzukykvzuky Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    I like Sigur Ros and all, but seriously, there are many many many bands that are better suited for Rock band.

Not that I'm against them being included, just that I consider tons of other bands to work better.

Also, comparing the lyrics in Hopelandic to Die Toten Hosen is total bull****, because, well, you know, in the world there are some people who speak this little crazy language called german. Dunno if you've heard of it. But it's a real language, something that isn't exactly Hopelandic's forte.
  • TsavoTsavo Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    The translation into RB is the only real problem. The hybrid between Icelandic and nonsense, linguistically, would be fine as the OP pointed out. However, the consistent slow tempo combined with alternative guitar playing techniques (viola bow + guitar) would make it awfully awkward for extremely long notes holding one button. I learned my lesson that not everything works out in RB when Harmonix released all the NIN songs (favorite band, but don't find myself playing those songs often). I wouldn't mind seeing it available, but I'd be a lot more hesitant/check out the charts.
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    I'll preface by saying I play a lot of RB in altered states.

Followup: This would be AWESOME.
  • Plan BPlan B Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    I love Sigur Ros!
    Singing their songs would be so much fun!
    edited October 2008
    kvzuky;1404056 said:
    I like Sigur Ros and all, but seriously, there are many many many bands that are better suited for Rock band.

Not that I'm against them being included, just that I consider tons of other bands to work better.

Also, comparing the lyrics in Hopelandic to Die Toten Hosen is total bull****, because, well, you know, in the world there are some people who speak this little crazy language called german. Dunno if you've heard of it. But it's a real language, something that isn't exactly Hopelandic's forte.
    Know what? German is my native language. ;) I live in Vienna, Austria.

And I didn't mean to compare german to hopelandic. More german to icelandic.
    And then I added, if they choose songs in Hopelandic it would be even more easy, because Hopelandic is an "easy language".

I agree that there are bands that may work better. But the song "Untitled 8" actually WORKS REALLY WELL.
    I mean, I don't request the whole library of their songs (although I would kill to have it :D ) but just Untitled 8 would be fantastic EARGASM.
    edited October 2008
    Wow, really, I need Untitled 8. I can't stop listening to it. It's unbelievable how awesome this song is and how awesome it would be in Rockband.

I would close my setlist with this song all the time.
  • MikesideMikeside Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    Best tracks for RB:

Hoppipolla
    Milano
    Saeglopur
    Untitled 8 (Popplagio)
    Gobbledigook
  • af3976af3976 Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    edited November 2008
    Mikeside;1543567 said:
    Best tracks for RB:

Hoppipolla
    Milano
    Saeglopur
    Untitled 8 (Popplagio)
    Gobbledigook
    Well, Hoppipolla, Milano and Saeglopur are more piano than guitar or anything else. But Untitled 8 and Gobbledigook would work great. Like I said, Untitled 8 would be a BLAST.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited November 2008
    I fully support this band... after listening to (mock me yes) Takk they're really amazing I would love some stuff
  • MikesideMikeside Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    I don't know why people have problems with Takk - it's motherflipping good stuff
  • BoopBoopBoopBoopBoopBoop Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    Sigur Ros is one my favorite bands, ever, so much to the point where I went to Iceland I personally don't think Sigur Ros would be good for RockBand, plus.. would Sigur Ros even allow them to use their song? (I don't reeally know what goes on with permission to use the songs and whatnot with RB)

And even if they allowed that, I don't think Untitled 8 would be a good song to do. Its long. It is 11 minutes and 45 seconds long. I mean maybe if they shortened it - but the whole point of the song is that it creeps up slowly to give that exploding ending. I think that if any song by Sigur Ros was to be put on RB, Gobbledigook would be a great one, because of the drums.
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    I love Sigur Ros. I can't see how it could work though.
  • LiquidsnakeLiquidsnake Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    This would be simply amazing although, considering it's all in icelandic and some parts have no meaning at all, I don't think we'll ever see them here.
    edited November 2008
    Nothing's impossible.

HMX just have to give us all kinds of music, and so many people love the music of Sigur R
  • KAW151KAW151 Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    Sigur Ros on RockBand would be EPIC!!! YES. You have my support.
  • neckermanncjneckermanncj Washed Up
    edited November 2008
    OMG i love Untitled 4 and now you say it Untitled 8 would work too.
    i only have () album but i heard Gobbledigook and that would definately work.
    you def got my support and i also wanted to know if i should get their other stuff, should i??? i only have them because i uploaded their CD that was at my Library lol.
  • Wobo-WoboWobo-Wobo Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    Untitled 1 would rock, and stuff from their new album too

a problem is alot are long and repetetive, but i wouldnt mind

i love them
  • My name is FezMy name is Fez Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    Sigur Ros never floated my boat, but seeing all the unbridled support in this thread for them, it'd be cool for DLC, I s'pose.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited November 2008
    neckermanncj;1556564 said:

you def got my support and i also wanted to know if i should get their other stuff, should i??? i only have them because i uploaded their CD that was at my Library lol.
    check out "takk" next. it's their most accessible.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited November 2008
    [QUOTE=Coldplayer;1551513]Nothing's impossible.

HMX just have to give us all kinds of music, and so many people love the music of Sigur R
    edited November 2008
    neckermanncj;1556564 said:
    OMG i love Untitled 4 and now you say it Untitled 8 would work too.
    i only have () album but i heard Gobbledigook and that would definately work.
    Like afterstasis said, check out Takk...!
    I also think it's their best album. Btw, I started with () too. Takk is even better! And after Takk I would recommend getting their newest album "me
    edited November 2008
    [QUOTE=Coldplayer;1558143]Like afterstasis said, check out Takk...!
    I also think it's their best album. Btw, I started with () too. Takk is even better! And after Takk I would recommend getting their newest album "me
    edited December 2008
    i just can't stop listening to Untitled 1
    ^OMG it's so good

probably gonna ask for Takk and the one which i can't remember (2008) for x-mas... yup.