My Morning Jacket

AcousticCitsuoaAcousticCitsuoa Unsigned
edited November 2007 in History of Rock
My Morning Jacket is one of the best live bands out right now!

Its worth you while to check them out:

www.mymorningjacket.com

Comments

• MrGrievesMrGrieves Rising Star
    edited November 2007
    I saw MMJ earlier this year in tempe and I agree there probably one the best bands I've ever seen live
  • AcousticCitsuoaAcousticCitsuoa Unsigned
    edited November 2007
    MrGrieves;134470 said:
    I saw MMJ earlier this year in tempe and I agree there probably one the best bands I've ever seen live
    glad you like them!

new album should be out this spring!
  • FathomsFathoms Opening Act
    edited November 2007
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a double disc juggernaught. I think they could pull it off. Z and It Still Moves are both materpieces.
    edited November 2007
    Fathoms;150579 said:
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a double disc juggernaught. I think they could pull it off. Z and It Still Moves are both materpieces.
    last i heard in an interview with Jim he said they had about 20-25 songs they were trying to narrow down to an album. however, he also mentioned he wanted to make two types of records...so maybe we will get a double disc!!!
  • FathomsFathoms Opening Act
    edited November 2007
    Sounds interesting. On Z they really seemed to make a conscientious effort to trim down their material to its essential elements in order to keep everything conscise and memorable, a double album would sort of fly in the face of that progression. At the same time they could opt for the Radiohead/SOAD/GNR route, which is record two records at the same time and release them seperately. It's just, I think they are in their prime right now, so if they ever were to take on the task, now would be the time do it.
    edited November 2007
    Fathoms;157327 said:
    Sounds interesting. On Z they really seemed to make a conscientious effort to trim down their material to its essential elements in order to keep everything conscise and memorable, a double album would sort of fly in the face of that progression. At the same time they could opt for the Radiohead/SOAD/GNR route, which is record two records at the same time and release them seperately. It's just, I think they are in their prime right now, so if they ever were to take on the task, now would be the time do it.
    i totally agree with you. i absolutley love It Still Moves, but it does ramble some and its not very cohesive (other than the "Silo Reverb" that is prevalent throughout). the jump they made from ISM to Z was remarkable, IMO. Z is crisp, clear, concise and too the point, but is not dull and still has enough of what MMJ does best...rocking out (i will not say jamming, b/c i don't consider them a jam band).

i think the next album they release is critical to their place in rock. Z brought them tons of new fans, critical acclaim, and awesome opportunities. they are on the verge of greatness (even though they toe the line of obscurity outside the indie community). when critics (Rolling Stone i believe) called them the American Radiohead after Z this created a lot of anticipation to the follow up to Z. i hope they live up to it and Jim comes through with some great songs and production work.