Axis of Justice Expansion Pack

dragonanthony86dragonanthony86 Road Warrior
edited December 2008 in Your Ultimate Setlist
I think that it would be a great idea for them to create an expansion pack based around the Axis of Justice. Obviously, like the AC/DC game, the full setlist would be exportable. Here's how i picture the setlist: with 3 songs by each of the bands, and 5 songs by the Axis of Justice:

System of a Down
Boom!
Spiders
Lonely Day

Rage Against the Machine
Killing In the Name
Guerrilla Radio
Renegades of Funk

Serj Tankian
Empty Walls
Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition
Sky is Over

The Nightwatchman
The Road I Must Travel
Whatever it Takes
One Man Revolution

Audioslave
Out of Exile
Doesn’t Remind Me
Like a Stone

Soundgarden
Rusty Cage
Outshined
Slaves and Bulldozers

Jane's Addiction
Stop
Just Because
Been Caught Stealing

Tool
Schism
Vicarious

Comments

• John_SJohn_S Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    I have never heard of them. Only legendary bands deserve an expansion:

AC/DC
    Led Zeppelin
    Pink Floyd
    Iron Maiden
    Aerosmith
    Metallica
    The Who
    Jimi Hendrix
    Eagles
    Van Halen
    Guns N' Roses

However, all the other bands you named are amazing, and I think they should be added.
  • dragonanthony86dragonanthony86 Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    Directly from the wikepedia article:

Axis of Justice is a non-profit organization co-founded by Serj Tankian (of System of a Down) and Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave, The Nightwatchman). Its purpose is to bring together musicians, fans of music, and grassroots political organizations to fight for social justice together.

In a recent interview, Tom Morello remarked that he formed Axis of Justice with Serj Tankian after witnessing some members of the audience at Ozzfest 2002 promoting racist symbols and imagery. In an effort to promote a staunchly anti-racist and anti-fascist message, Axis of Justice allied with Anti-Racist Action shortly after its formation.[1]

An Axis of Justice tent might appear at music festivals where either Rage Against The Machine or System of a Down (who is currently on an indefinite hiatus) are playing, as it did at Lollapalooza 2003. The Axis Of Justice also puts out a monthly radio show that can be heard on KPFK in Los Angeles, California and on XM Satellite Radio. The shows are archived in MP3 format on the AOJ website and are available as free downloads. They also have a number of books on their website that they recommend to support their views.

In 2004, they released a live album/DVD entitled "Axis of Justice: Concert Series Volume 1". It contains performances by Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Brad Wilk and Chris Cornell of Soundgarden and Audioslave, Serj Tankian from System of a Down, Pete Yorn, Tim Walker, Maynard James Keenan of Tool, A Perfect Circle and Puscifer, and Wayne Kramer among others. It was recorded during a concert at the Avalon in Los Angeles. The concert was a benefit to raise money for the Axis of Justice and a variety of causes.

the songs listed as being by axis of justice were performed by the axis of justice house band, and i'm pretty sure that consists of Tom Morello, Wayne Kramer, Serj Tankian, Brad Wilk, and Flea
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited October 2008
    this would be pretty amazing! great bands
    edited October 2008
    kingtonyx;1417756 said:
    this would be pretty amazing! great bands
    thanks. :D
  • ChewcamcbleflehChewcamcblefleh Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    YOU forgot to mention my facts, remember? About the man who was pulled over for speeding. The cop smelled pot sourcing in his car, told him to step out. And his brother was in the back seat, got out. Shot the police officer in the head once, then shot him 7 times on the ground. After that, He wouldn't shut the f*** up at the trial and they removed him from the court after attacking a jury for telling him to be quiet while the Judge talked. He got to watch the trial in a containment room and was sent to jail, Rage Against the Machine (Singer, (Now) and Tom Morello.) Want to gain money to release him, and he was a cold-blooded killer but they thought the trial was "Un-fair, Re-new the trial or we will bail his ass out" They said to the police as stated in 2004 News Paper, all over the world. Do you really want to support these guys? I, myself stay away from stuff like this because it ALWAYS gets out of hand. But, I had to intrude.
  • KillDroneoKillDroneo Unsigned
    edited October 2008
    The AC/DC album isn't a game.... just a walmart exclusive Album for Rock Band.
    edited October 2008
    i like to look at the anti racist message that it was formed for. most of them are great bands supporting anti-racism and i think thats awesome.

and apparently both jimmy carter and the pope support what theyre doing. i dont know if hes innocent or guilty, but apparently some of the most influential people in the world think he needs a fair trial.

and the acdc album is being released on a disc, as a video game, with 1000 points worth of achievements so i'm categorizing it as a game.
  • John_SJohn_S Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    ah, I see know. Then definately. It's an amazing list.
    edited October 2008
    John_S;1418867 said:
    ah, I see know. Then definately. It's an amazing list.
    Thank you. I probably should have explained what the axis of justice was in my original post, but i guess i just expected people to know. glad you like the list
  • BubBub Generic Person
    edited October 2008
    I like this list. I like SOAD, RATM, Audioslave, and Tool. I haven't heard anything from Tom Morello's solo project though.
    edited October 2008
    Bub;1418908 said:
    I like this list. I like SOAD, RATM, Audioslave, and Tool. I haven't heard anything from Tom Morello's solo project though.
    you should listen to some, he's actually a pretty good folk singer
  • HardRocker12HardRocker12 Rising Star
    edited October 2008
    I love all your choices, but these would be the songs that I choose.

System Of A Down-
    Peephole
    Aerials
    Spiders

Or

Boom!
    Mr. Jack
    ATWA

Rage Against The Machine-
    Killing In The Name
    Freedom
    Bulls On Parade

Serj Tankian-
    Empty Walls
    Saving Us
    Money

The Nightwatchman-
    The Road I Must Travel
    Flesh Shapes The Day
    Whatever It Takes

Audioslave-
    Show Me How To Live
    Cochise
    Like A Stone

Soundgarden-
    Outshined
    Fell On Black Days
    The Day I Tried To Live

Jane's Addiction-
    Stop
    Just Because
    Been Caught Stealing
    (I don't really listen to them, so i just put what you put, though I do like Stop.)

Tool-
    Schism
    Forty Six and 2
    Sober

Red Hot Chili Peppers-
    Californication
    Can't Stop
    Taste The Pain

Axis of Justice-
    Get Up, Stand Up
    Where the Streets Have No Name
    Chimes of Freedom
    Alice in my Fantasies
    Jeffrey are You Listening
    edited October 2008
    i made this list as an expansion to my rock band 3 setlist, so thats why some songs, like aerials and bulls on parade weren't chosen. on some of the bands, i didnt know too much by them and i knew they had to be on the list, so i listened to some songs on youtube and chose the best ones out of those
  • ryan.mccabe.2ryan.mccabe.2 Unsigned
    edited October 2008
    I think an AOJ tie in would be pretty freakin sweet.

Musicians have historically given voice to the voiceless, and to see some of their work be supported in this platform would be pretty cool.

Granted, this is not a political platform, but it would be cool to see something like this be tied in with an option to donate to the cause of the group. Before getting too tied up in the politics of this group in particular, with which anyone has the right to agree with or not, imagine something similar with a tie in to artists playing Farm Aid - that sounds like something that the RB community could be proud of.

----------------
    Now playing: Democracy Now! 2008-10-13 Monday
    via FoxyTunes
  • navaha42navaha42 Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    I am in favor of an Axis of Justice pack, as most of those bands are ****ing awesome.

Well, that, and I wouldn't mind giving their group some money. XD
    edited October 2008
    [QUOTE=ryan.mccabe.2;1421703]I think an AOJ tie in would be pretty freakin sweet.

Musicians have historically given voice to the voiceless, and to see some of their work be supported in this platform would be pretty cool.

Granted, this is not a political platform, but it would be cool to see something like this be tied in with an option to donate to the cause of the group. Before getting too tied up in the politics of this group in particular, with which anyone has the right to agree with or not, imagine something similar with a tie in to artists playing Farm Aid - that sounds like something that the RB community could be proud of.

QUOTE]

totally agree with you. its not supposed to be a political forum or a political game, but this is a group of great musicians supporting a great cause and i think thats, ummm... great. i'm not sure if the guy they're supporting is innocent or guilty but he claims to be innocent and it looks like he didnt have a fair trial, so the axis of justice making sure that he gets one before the government executes him
  • kaybeekaybee Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    Regardless of the current issue the AOJ may be fighting/supporting they are great musicians and all of them have historically fought noble causes that deserve our attention. We need look no further than 3 or 4 different Rage songs to cite some major examples.

On a side not, I watched some youtube videos just now and I was really dissapointed in the cover of "Where the Streets Have No Name". Was Maynard even there? and does Serj not realize his voice has no business representign that track. :p
    edited October 2008
    kaybee;1422420 said:
    Regardless of the current issue the AOJ may be fighting/supporting they are great musicians and all of them have historically fought noble causes that deserve our attention. We need look no further than 3 or 4 different Rage songs to cite some major examples.

On a side not, I watched some youtube videos just now and I was really dissapointed in the cover of "Where the Streets Have No Name". Was Maynard even there? and does Serj not realize his voice has no business representign that track. :p
    i tried to listen to all the songs (about 10 or 12) that were listed as being by the axis of justice, and although some of them weren't that good, i wanted to have 5 songs by the AOJ house band and that happened to be in the top 5. I probably would have picked the free jam over it, but there wasn't any vocals.
    edited October 2008
    combine this with the rock band game cover, and there's your cover art
    350 x 350 - 16K
    coverart.jpg 15.8K
    edited October 2008
    edited November 2008
    edited November 2008
    edited November 2008
    hmmm... i wonder who voted 1 star without explaining?

couldn't have been one of the ignorant idiots who voted on the poll

seriously, whats the point?
  • Xxxsh0gunxXxxsh0gunx Unsigned
    edited December 2008
    I can wait i would download it
    worth the wait
    to...
    edited December 2008
    i think you're the first person who's actually used my sig to get to this thread

its great that you like it.
    i was actually planning on it being an expansion pack, like the acdc one
    and i was gonna change one of the RHCP songs, i'll do that now
  • RevolutionfanRevolutionfan Opening Act
    edited December 2008
    dragonanthony86;1415906 said:
    I think that it would be a great idea for them to create an expansion pack based around the Axis of Justice. Obviously, like the AC/DC game, the full setlist would be exportable. Here's how i picture the setlist: with 3 songs by each of the bands, and 5 songs by the Axis of Justice:

System of a Down
    Boom!
    Spiders
    Lonely Day

Rage Against the Machine
    Killing In the Name
    Guerrilla Radio
    Renegades of Funk

Serj Tankian
    Empty Walls
    Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition
    Sky is Over

The Nightwatchman
    The Road I Must Travel
    Whatever it Takes
    One Man Revolution

Audioslave
    Out of Exile
    Doesn’t Remind Me
    Like a Stone

Soundgarden
    Rusty Cage
    Outshined
    Slaves and Bulldozers

Jane's Addiction
    Stop
    Just Because
    Been Caught Stealing

Tool
    Schism
    Vicarious
    Ænema

Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Californication
    Storm in a Teacup
    Fight Like a Brave

Axis of Justice
    Get Up, Stand Up
    Where the Streets Have No Name
    Chimes of Freedom
    Alice in my Fantasies
    Jeffrey are You Listening

Stand-Ins of famous rock icons featured in the game will also be included, and will be exportable
    These Rock Icons would be:
    Tom Morello
    Wayne Kramer
    Serj Tankian
    Brad Wilk
    Flea
    Pete Yorn
    Tim Walker
    Maynard James Keenan
    Chris Cornell
    I agree 100% with this idea (though I wish Axis of Justice would release a new CD, their most recent concert where they did Rockin in the Free World and had Steve Vai, Travis Barker and Slash would be better)!

However if going on the old CD, "I Feel Good Again" would be awesome. It's my favorite song on the CD even though it's just Pete Yorn's band.

Speaking of, some Pete Yorn songs on the expansion would be awesome too. I would add:

Pete Yorn
    Strange Condition (Rock Version)
    For Us
    And for the third song either Murray, Old Boy, or Crystal Village (I think the last two would be really fun in Rock Band)
    edited December 2008
    Revolutionfan;1714781 said:
    I agree 100% with this idea (though I wish Axis of Justice would release a new CD, their most recent concert where they did Rockin in the Free World and had Steve Vai, Travis Barker and Slash would be better)!

However if going on the old CD, "I Feel Good Again" would be awesome. It's my favorite song on the CD even though it's just Pete Yorn's band.

Speaking of, some Pete Yorn songs on the expansion would be awesome too. I would add:

Pete Yorn
    Strange Condition (Rock Version)
    For Us
    And for the third song either Murray, Old Boy, or Crystal Village (I think the last two would be really fun in Rock Band)

if i weren't going off the old cd, i'd probably have to change a lot on this list. what song would you switch i feel good again for?

and to be honest, i dont know any music by pete yorn.
    i'll listen to those songs and probably add them.
    10 bands and the house band seems like it'd be better than 9
  • RevolutionfanRevolutionfan Opening Act
    edited December 2008
    dragonanthony86;1714976 said:
    if i weren't going off the old cd, i'd probably have to change a lot on this list. what song would you switch i feel good again for?

and to be honest, i dont know any music by pete yorn.
    i'll listen to those songs and probably add them.
    10 bands and the house band seems like it'd be better than 9
    I'd probably change it for "Get Up, Stand Up". I like the song, but I much prefer the original.

As for the Pete Yorn songs, Strange Condition (the single/rock version anyways) features Peter Buck (of R.E.M.) on guitar and For Us features Dave Grohl on drums.
    edited December 2008
    i kept get up stand up because it seemed like a protest(ish) song that would be good for the game. i'll probably switch that song for Where the Streets Have No Name