a Vid of me Singing a song I wrote

DustincopterDustincopter Opening Act
edited October 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
Hello. Would love to get feedback on this video. I know I'm not a good singer, but I'd like to be. I know this forum is chock full of very talented ears, so tell me what do I have going for me as I progress as a singer, and what's holding me back right now? Any and all comments appreciated, just don't flame me plz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWL3xxJmK2Q

Comments

• edited October 2008
    Seriously dude, you got no tone, you sound like Keanu Reeves.
  • freakonatefreakonate Rising Star
    edited October 2008
    must...re-sist ...*bites lip*

You got ballz I'll give you that. You should have at last put on a funny hat.
  • Mystlyfe77Mystlyfe77 Big Fan
    edited October 2008
    Take some lessons. Seriously. Singing isn't just something you can just do, it takes practice, and the right kind of practice. You need to learn the proper techniques.
    I highly suggest seeking out an instructor, joining the school chorus, going to your church choir, or something similar. You need to learn proper breathing techniques (use your diaphragm), train your ear, etc
  • DaesaniaDaesania Serious Poster
    edited October 2008
    Nice.. uh... try. :) There's no polite way to say, Sorry you arent that good, but as others have suggested, if its something you want to persue, some professional help would definatly put you in the right direction.
  • DustincopterDustincopter Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    I'll take all the comments in good spirit. Do I have any sort of range for any type of music, or should I just bail? because to me I think I have a decent harder type of voice when I try, but it doesn't go that way when I hear it recorded.

Also, another main part I wanted to make in this video was the lyrics, in a way they can be heard, and try to see the direction I want them to be taken as.
  • edited October 2008
    Dustincopter;1420938 said:
    I'll take all the comments in good spirit. Do I have any sort of range for any type of music, or should I just bail? because to me I think I have a decent harder type of voice when I try, but it doesn't go that way when I hear it recorded.

Also, another main part I wanted to make in this video was the lyrics, in a way they can be heard, and try to see the direction I want them to be taken as.
    To be honest you dont have a bad voice, but like someone else said you have to learn to sing from your diaphram not the back of your throat, take some lessons, you could learn.
  • spheresphere Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    Stop whispering and holding back, for one. You need more air to support your voice. Belt that son of a gun out ;)
  • brobotbrobot Sorbital, Silicon Dioxide and Magnesium Stearate
    edited October 2008
    You emphasis your words to much. Not trying to be mean at all but the lyrics are amateurish at best. They come off as a poem that was written for a high school english class. You seem to have a start and can work on that but do rework your lyrics.