What will be THE new feature of Rock Band 7 ?

Hibou77Hibou77 Opening Act
edited November 2008 in Rock Band
Use your power of farseeing to tell us what will be the most touted feature of Rock Band 7.

I see...

The new integrated speaker on the guitar/bass controller. The part you play comes out from your instrument ! Yes, the volume knob goes up to eleven. Also check out the new output jack that allows to connect the guitar to any compatible amplifier. Now you too can get that garage band feeling !

Comments

• birdmanbirdman Unsigned
    edited October 2008
    Total game immersion(VR).
    edited October 2008
    4-D note charts that fly INTO YOUR MIND!
  • NoFCNoFC Unsigned
    edited October 2008
    A new instrument: The Organ.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited October 2008
    weekly downloads of cocaine and hookers.
  • DustincopterDustincopter Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    Finally including Nevermind
    edited October 2008
    Dustincopter;1439572 said:
    Finally including Nevermind
    rofl
    10 char
  • LockheedLockheed Rising Star
    edited October 2008
    Cell phone integration so you can set appointments to the trendiest places to let loose after your gig.
  • twinkiebeyondtwinkiebeyond Unsigned
    edited October 2008
    Pre-assembled Geddy Lee.
  • lentinilentini Unsigned
    edited October 2008
    It will be released in the US when RB2 is released in Australia
  • HeadcaseHeadcase Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    Shaky Arrow Syndrome fixed for the PS3.

Maybe by then they'll have a "deluxe" guitar\bass and "deluxe" charts for the newer songs and slowly add them for the older ones for a small additional fee (say 25 cents per track).

The deluxe models would be actual guitars and usable with any amplifier, but also have vibration censors on the strings and touch-sensitivity on the frets for gameplay purposes.

So anyway, The charts could go across left to right like a real guitar chart. The up\down position determines the string(s) to hold and the colour determines the fret you must hold (from a very limited time reading them, real guitar charts seem to be like this but with numbers rather than colours for the frets). The idea would be that this would help you learn actual guitar.

Edit: Oh, I got another one.

Let the drummer keep the tempo of the song. If he totally screws up, it runs at normal speed, but if hits just a little early or a little late, slightly speed up or slow down the song to compensate. Simple as this sounds, I still think it's way down the road because of the programming nightmare it would be, and the hardware needed to get this to run smoothly in real-time.

Edit2: Can't leave out the vocalists, right?

By then mankind's progress in mechanical phoneme detection might be good enough that Harmonix can buy a good detection algorithm from a company that specializes in it, and apply it on every phrase, not just talky parts.
  • cassanovafrankecassanovafranke Unsigned
    edited October 2008
    A groupie (only in the limited edition bundle, a dose of antibiotics)
  • almightypoopgodalmightypoopgod Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    afterstasis;1439560 said:
    weekly downloads of cocaine and hookers.
    you think "weekly" will be enough by then?
  • jaychuckjaychuck Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    Rock Band 7 will finally come with a drum kit that WORKS.
  • Hibou77Hibou77 Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    Holographic Crowd Kit ?
  • Sgt PepperSgt Pepper Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    Dealing with rabid fans and a controversial "Satisfy a Groupie" mini-game.

Edit: Semi-ninja'd
  • rob lrob l Rising Star
    edited October 2008
    A Mike Portnoy like drum controller complete with 5 billion cymbals and toms.
    edited October 2008
    Sgt Pepper;1439607 said:
    ...and a controversial "Satisfy a Groupie" mini-game.
    Ugh... So many images pop to mind !
  • RockingOutRockingOut Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    Free hover bikes with each purchase.
  • NoFCNoFC Unsigned
    edited October 2008
    A double base drum input.

And more cowbell.
  • BaneOfIcarusBaneOfIcarus Rising Star
    edited October 2008
    Lockheed;1439581 said:
    Cell phone integration so you can set appointments to the trendiest places to let loose after your gig.
    Sounds like Rock Band 4.

In Rock Band 7: They add another "string" to the guitar, making 3. Open fret strumming is old news. Guitar Hero is still doing Dragonforce albums at that point too. It's all they ever release after Guitar Hero: Generic Name With the Word Tour.
  • opak3opak3 Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    An attachment that throws random things at you while you play....cigs, water, undergarments...

For an extra $50 it will also leave random vomit stains on your floor(refills sold separately)
  • jtrousdjtrousd Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    I wish I could give this thread six stars.
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited October 2008
    This will probably be included before #7, but I imagine that the touring aspect will feature a travel simulator, where you spend hours upon hours on end in a tour bus (or airplane after you get famous enough) between gigs trying not to kill your bandmates.
  • lentinilentini Unsigned
    edited October 2008
    jtrousd;1439656 said:
    I wish I could give this thread six stars.
    they wouldn't show in the setlist
  • MilchmonsterMilchmonster Rising Star
    edited October 2008
    There won´t be a Rock Band 7. Mark my words.
  • l-o-tl-o-t Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    The guitar controllers will have about 132 buttons and 6 strum bars and the note chart will read like guitar tabs. Plus, Rock stars will actually be downloaded into your living room to jam with you.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited October 2008
    It'll come with roadies. Real roadies, that hook up your controllers for you and obnoxiously saying "test 1, 2, 3" 50 times in the mic before deeming it safe for the singer to use.
  • screwtopscrewtop Rising Star
    edited October 2008
    The Beatles.
    edited October 2008
    l-o-t;1439759 said:
    Plus, Rock stars will actually be downloaded into your living room to jam with you.
    LOL ! Virtual Liam Gallagher would just look at me, say "F*** that !" and leave by the Virtual Door.
  • MichuraMichura Rising Star
    edited October 2008
    Here are my upcoming "features" for future Rock Band games:

RB3 - Stars are now saved and displayed both in Single Tour (which will be coming back) and Band World Tour. Jukebox mode is finally implemented. Freestyle mode also now works with RB songs with the drums track taken out.

RB4 - Countdown when unpausing the game. The new drum kit now has 5 extra jacks that do absolutely nothing.

RB5 - Create a song feature.

RB6 - Reliable working drum kit. Create a song feature is removed because they felt it wasn't the direction they wanted to take (aka DLC sales were down).

RB7 - "RB7: Nirvana" oddly enough does not contain any songs from Nevermind to complement previously released In Bloom, Drain You and Polly (RB5 disc song). Consequently, it ends up being the lowest selling game of 2009.