OFFICIAL 20 FREE DLC ANNOUNCEMENT w/ UPDATES!

edited November 2008 in Announcements
Hey gang,

The 20 free DLC tracks have been confirmed and announced as of 6pm tonight. You can expect a full press release with all the exciting legal details shortly, but in the meantime you can check out the list of tracks in the IGN link posted below. Enjoy!

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/922/922241p1.html

* The 88 - "Sons and Daughters"
* Authority Zero - "No Regrets"
* Between the Buried and Me - "Prequel To The Sequel"
* The Cab - "Bounce"
* The Chevelles - "Get It On"
* The Cocktail Slippers - "Give It To Me"
* Dealership - "Database Corrupted"
* Endeverafter - "I Wanna Be Your Man"
* The Ghost Hounds - "Ashes To Fire"
* Hollywood Undead - "Young"
* Kutless - "The Feeling"
* The Len Price 3 - "If I Ain't Got You"
* Lesley Roy - "I'm Gone, I'm Going"
* Opiate for the Masses - "Burn You Down"
* Semi-Precious Weapons - "Magnetic Baby"
* Shaimus - "Like a Fool"
* Thenewno2" - Crazy Tuesday"
* Tickle Me Pink - "The Time Is Wrong"
* Underoath - "Desperate Times, Desperate Measures"
* X Japan - "I.V."

And, for discussion of the 20 free DLC you can head on over to the Official thread in the Community's Greatest Hits forum.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93235

Rock on!
-HMXHenry

Comments

• edited November 2008
    Originally posted by HMXSean on 11/5/2008:
    hmxsean;1536377 said:
    We have hit an unexpected delay with getting the content online with Microsoft and are working diligently with them to get that resolved. We have suspended sending out the token codes until the content becomes available. Sending out the codes before the content is live will just result in more confusion. We hope to have this resolved in the next 24 hours and apologize profusely for the delay.

We're also working with Sony to get the content up on PS3 and the codes out. More on that as information becomes available.

Again, we apologize for the delay and are working our butts off to get the content out to you.
  • edited November 2008
    Originally posted by HMXSean on 11/6/08:
    hmxsean;1544619 said:
    Hey everybody,

This is just an alert to let you know that as of this posting our email machine is cranking overtime shooting codes for BOTH PS3 and Xbox 360 for the 20 free DLC to your inbox. I imagine this will take a few hours given the number of emails needing to be sent but in the mean time check your email client (including your junk mail folder just in case your client is a jerk and thinks we're selling you cheap pharmaceuticals, dates with Russian ladies, or ways to get rich quick off of our super-great Nigerian Prince money-gold).

Enjoy,
    Sean
  • edited November 2008
    Originally posted by HMXVeng on 11/6/08:
    HMXveng;1545396 said:
    Hey everyone. We’ve just received word that approximately 5000 e-mails have been bounced by Comcast but we are working to rectify the issue and resend those e-mails ASAP! Thanks for your patience, guys!

HMXVeng
  • edited November 2008
    Originally posted by HMXVeng on 11/7/08:
    HMXveng;1551772 said:
    Hey everyone!

We've figured out the bug and should be sending out those blocked codes throughout the day today. It'll be a long (and tedious on our end) process but we'll get them all out to you.

Still feel free to write into [email]support@harmonixmusic.com[/email] if you are having troubles, but please do not send more than one request for your code in the next 24-48 hours.

Thanks!

HMXveng

UPDATE: For clarification, as we are receiving numerous e-mails asking for their codes without having registered their copy of the game: In order to receive the download code, you must grab your Rock Band 2 manual, turn to the back, and enter in that code to the website: register.rockband.com and follow those instructions.
This discussion has been closed.