The Who concert!

Ziiggy StardustZiiggy Stardust Opening Act
edited November 2008 in History of Rock
So I didn't see this anywhere, and I wasn't 100% sure where to post it, so I assume this is the place.

The Who is on tour again for a month, and I got to see the only show in Canada last night. Holy cow were they good! It was such a blast to be there. Rogers vocals were amazing, sounds like he did 30 years ago. Pete could still rock the guitar and did the windmill. Zak was amazing on drums! He did the drum solo during "Wont get fooled again" and it was amazing. Did anyone else go to the show last night or get to seem them on tour? I recommend it.

Also, the setlist was so good, a mix of old songs with like 3 new ones! Something everyone could sing along to

Comments

• GNRrockslifeGNRrockslife Rising Star
    edited October 2008
    Yea, I was there last night. I'm really sick, which sort of dampened the mood for me, but it was still a hell of a show. I saw them in Toronto 2 years ago and last night was infinitely better. The set was smoking hot too, possibly the best set they've done since the '89 tour or earlier:
    I Can't Explain
    The Seeker
    The Kids Are Alright
    Fragments
    Who Are You?
    Behind Blue Eyes
    Real Good Looking Boy
    Baba O'Riley
    Getting In Tune
    Sister Disco
    Eminence Front
    5:15
    Love Reign O'er Me
    My Generation
    Won't Get Fooled Again
    -----
    Naked Eye
    Tommy Medley: Pinball Wizard/Overture/Amazing Journey/Sparks/Underture/We're Not Going To Take It/See Me, Feel Me
    Tea And Theatre
  • Ziiggy StardustZiiggy Stardust Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    Love Reign o'er me was my favourite and i loved the extention of My generation
  • thedoorsdkthedoorsdk Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    Damn, I wanted to see them in Detroit but didn't have the money.
    Sounds like good stuff, especially with that amazing setlist. Glad you guys had a good time.
    edited October 2008
    thedoorsdk;1474662 said:
    Damn, I wanted to see them in Detroit but didn't have the money.
    Sounds like good stuff, especially with that amazing setlist. Glad you guys had a good time.
    Bet you're gonna be kicking yourself when you hear this, but they also did Magic Bus and Tattoo in Detriot. They got swapped out last night for The Kids Are Alright and a longer Tommy medley (The Tommy medley in Detriot was just Pinball Wizard, Amazing Journey and See Me, Feel Me)
  • thedoorsdkthedoorsdk Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    NOOOOOOOOOOO TATTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    I think I'd actually prefer the longer Tommy medley, but Magic Bus is always amazing live, and Tattoo is such a hilariously fun song that I can't imagine it not being awesome.
    They still have Pino Palladino playing bass?
    edited October 2008
    thedoorsdk;1474691 said:
    NOOOOOOOOOOO TATTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    I think I'd actually prefer the longer Tommy medley, but Magic Bus is always amazing live, and Tattoo is such a hilariously fun song that I can't imagine it not being awesome.
    They still have Pino Palladino playing bass?
    Yep.

10char
  • MeawinMeawin Unsigned
    edited October 2008
    I was their on the first day of the tour Tuesday... you guys seem to have to have got the shaft...

They were in Detroit... they played tattoo...

We also got the Tommy Medley... It went Pinball Wizard -> Amazing Journey -> Sparks(AWESOME!!!!!!!111ONE) -> and the Second half of Were Not Gonna Take It.

I was pretty sad that they didnt do a few songs... but I had awesome seats and it didnt mater all too much ether.

5:15 was awesome as well...
    And damn... they played 2 other songs that wernt on that list too...
    They did also do Magic Bus and Tea and Theater at the end. It was awesome...

That was the first time I ever went to see The Who, it was a life changing experiance. It prolly didnt help the tickets I got were free too... Morale of the story is: If you get offered Who tickets for free, TAKE THEM.
    edited October 2008
    Meawin;1474997 said:
    I was their on the first day of the tour Tuesday... you guys seem to have to have got the shaft...

They were in Detroit... they played tattoo...

We also got the Tommy Medley... It went Pinball Wizard -> Amazing Journey -> Sparks(AWESOME!!!!!!!111ONE) -> and the Second half of Were Not Gonna Take It.

I was pretty sad that they didnt do a few songs... but I had awesome seats and it didnt mater all too much ether.

5:15 was awesome as well...
    And damn... they played 2 other songs that wernt on that list too...
    They did also do Magic Bus and Tea and Theater at the end. It was awesome...

That was the first time I ever went to see The Who, it was a life changing experiance. It prolly didnt help the tickets I got were free too... Morale of the story is: If you get offered Who tickets for free, TAKE THEM.
    Nah, I didn't mind getting "the shaft". I've always wanted to hear Real Good Looking Boy and The Kids Are Alright (Even though general concensus is they're the most overrated pieces of **** the band ever put out), they're my favorite Who songs. I'm only truly bummed Detroit got Magic Bus...never thought they'd play that live again after the Ox died.
    edited October 2008
    More like if you get the who tickets for any price, TAKE THEM!
  • BecauseWeCanBecauseWeCan Unsigned
    edited October 2008
    I'm officially tailgating both game 4 of the world series and The Who during the same night. Seeing as I can never get tickets before anything before they sell out instantly around here.
    edited October 2008
    Yeah I woke up the day they were going on sale (I was on summer break) and hopped on exactly when they went on sale. Got front row first 2 seats for the section I had. Felt so good
    edited October 2008
    I was out of town for 2 weeks after the Hamilton tickets went on sale and I was still able to get nosebleeds.
  • RainbowMistRainbowMist Rising Star
    edited October 2008
    Speaking of Who concerts, if anyone's interested, PBS is airing the 1977 Kilburn show in about an hour (the first take they did for The Kids Are Alright)
  • TheWhofan13TheWhofan13 Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    Ziiggy Stardust;1479051 said:
    More like if you get the who tickets for any price, TAKE THEM!
    You sir, are a genius.