About the "trailer" you may have seen

edited July 2007 in Announcements
Hey all,

The video of a trailer you may have seen on various sites was taken from a conference where attendees are generally encouraged to be casual and show off the new stuff they are working on privately. Apparently an attendee videotaped the talk. The trailer was made from an old build of the game quite some time ago for internal purposes- basically to get people working on the game excited. The song was one we have considered for the game but haven?t locked down, and you may have noticed that the trailer footage was made so long ago that the people in the video are playing old instruments and prototypes. I guess what I am saying is- this isn?t official and doesn?t really reflect the final game at all. We?ll be releasing a lot of info next week from much newer builds of the game with finalized songs.

Rock,

Sean

Comments

• FunkaTrunkFunkaTrunk Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    :eek: It's going to be BETTER than this? Brutal!

See you all in the spotlight!
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    The Trailer Blew Me AWay!
  • edited July 2007
    can't freaking wait.

Wish e3 hadn't changed so I could have gone this year and played+met you guys. Dammit all.
  • franknfurter1000franknfurter1000 Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    To bad Rock Band won't be able to be Caught In A Mosh.
  • copaseticcopasetic Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    Even that old prototype version was looking awesome, makes me laugh at Activision's claim that Rock Band is just "an imitation Guitar Hero" :D
  • edited July 2007
    If that's just an old prototype, then maybe I should make sure I'm in an isolation room when the big details come out next week. And then I can pull a Cartman and freeze myself until November/December. Yeah, that'll have to do. For the first time ever, I wish I lived near Boston :)
  • UbukidUbukid Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    where is this trailer? I'd like to see this
  • edited July 2007
    So what you're saying is that the new trailer is going to blow me through the back of my room and then steal my shoes while I'm unconscious? Consider me wowed.
  • edited July 2007
    Brock_Landers;7757 said:
    So what you're saying is that the new trailer is going to blow me through the back of my room and then steal my shoes while I'm unconscious? Consider me wowed.
    No, he's saying it already did.
  • benjaminbenjamin Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    I hope me and my friends are not forced to stand that close to each other when we actually play...

Who am I kidding... I don't have any friends.

Edit: By the way, is there some legal issue with this? Because it seems like Mr. Sean (not sure what to call him) is doing damage control all over this forum.
  • edited July 2007
    Edit: By the way, is there some legal issue with this? Because it seems like Mr. Sean (not sure what to call him) is doing damage control all over this forum.
    I'd guess it's more that Sean wants to make it clear that this is an early, unrepresentative build before people start whining and complaining about problems that have already been fixed. Especially because most forum commenters (on other forums) are morons:

"OMG, where r the fenders???! ! This game sux!"
    "The cover sux! I'm sticking with GH3!"
    "It looks too expensive! Rock Band will fail!"

And so on.
  • edited July 2007
    Yea, I know Sean went crrzy (Yes, I meant it) on my post. Sorry bout that.
  • Rev0lverRev0lver Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    all i read was "new info in the next week with finalized songs"
  • edited July 2007
    Rev0lver;7867 said:

Hahaha, me too.

By the way Sean, you should start counting your money from now. Two of the videos on youtube already have well over 30,000 views.
  • edited July 2007
    Rev0lver;7867 said:
    Wait, WTF? I'll be gone from the 8th through the 28th with no internet! That SUCKS!!!
  • edited July 2007
    SoraRikuVGM;7877 said:
    Wait, WTF? I'll be gone from the 8th through the 28th with no internet! That SUCKS!!!

Oh that sucks to be you man! Theres going to be a rock band EVENT at E3!:D
  • edited July 2007
    I know. I'm missing...

E3
    RB Info
    Homestar Runner
    GH 80s
    Simpsons Movie
    Smash Updates
    A lot of Kotaku blogs
    News in General

I should have chosen June...
  • Angry_GamesAngry_Games Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    hey Sean,

so...this is an old build (obviously, using the GH2 Xbox360 guitars)....and I think it has already sold many more of us on the game than anything else we've seen previously (my gf stood there and watched it and her only comment was, "so $#@#$ awesome, they better have chick-vocal songs (like The Donnas, etc)!"

(she thinks she's going to be the 'lead singer' for us hahaha)

I guess my point is that I know you are doing damage control on this video that should never have been shown, but tell the rest of the kids at Harmonix that this is possibly the best kind of advertising you could ever have wished for.

Especially once you show the "new" video of the game and periphials in action.

All I or any of my friends can say is "HOLY #@%@#$ # WOW!!!" and "so...when are we going to be able to buy this???"

after seeing this vid...I'm completely and totally sold on this game (not like I wasn't before). Props to you guys for integrating all of the main parts of a band into a game. It looks crazy-fun!
    edited July 2007
    So that was an older version of the game!? wow my expectations for this game are waaay higher now
  • Hade01Hade01 Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    New info on finalized songs? I think I just creamed myself...

Luckily, though I won't be at home next week to watch E3 on G4, I'm recording it via satellite! Harmonix, if G4 doesn't give you long on the air, you punch them in the face because that would be very, very rude.
  • bigdogrfwibigdogrfwi Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    every thing said tho..... GNR BETTER BE IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but i think that "you could be mine" by guns n roses would be a great choice for the drums alone
    edited July 2007
    I hope Harmonix announces the official price
  • masterx1918masterx1918 Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    was the IGN article something Sean was refering to?
  • bigdthegreatbigdthegreat Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    ii thinl knocin on heavans door would be awesome
  • saulhudsonsaulhudson Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    i would say if gn'r are in the game how about "locomotive" about 7 or 8 mins. of non stop guitar with like 3 solos.
    Although being a gn'r fan any would be cool with me
  • edited July 2007
    masterx1918;8135 said:
    was the IGN article something Sean was refering to?
    No, the IGN article is up to date, although still talking about prototype peripherals and the game as it is now, which is not finalized.
  • SmidgetSmidget Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    sa_nick;8182 said:
    No, the IGN article is up to date, although still talking about prototype peripherals and the game as it is now, which is not finalized.
    although there was a lot of song info in the article. If this isn't what he was was referring to, then I guess we can expect another revealing article in the coming days. Sweeet, info started to come on the regular.
  • lynyrdskynyrdlynyrdskynyrd Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    If that was only half as good as the real thing is going to be, than this is what I'll be saying.

WOW
  • silversurfer2k7silversurfer2k7 Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    Thats awsome, the trailer was great and so were instruments. Cant wait to see the non-prototype instruments. Hope we can see the video in this forum. This game sounds better by the minuite.:D
  • reymysteriofan44reymysteriofan44 Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    Edgehopper;7751 said:
    If that's just an old prototype, then maybe I should make sure I'm in an isolation room when the big details come out next week. And then I can pull a Cartman and freeze myself until November/December. Yeah, that'll have to do. For the first time ever, I wish I lived near Boston :)
    Well Edgehopper, i'm with you on that one. ITS GONA BE CRAZY! i play guitar hero 2 sometimes and it's so fun i can't even dream about how good rock band will be, so let's go with the freezing so our minds don't have to wait.
This discussion has been closed.