Randomly Crap Out Your Opinions Thread

Comments

• RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited January 2009
    Slashboi;1753027 said:
    The Yeah Yeah Yeahs are so rock n' roll. They kick ass! Why don't they have more songs on Rock Band?
    Big Brother has edited this post for truth. Or at least the opinion of one particularly bored poster.

On topic: I actually enjoy quite a few of Blink's songs. The lyrics may be stupid and juvenile, but I find them pretty entertaining most of the time.
  • Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
    edited January 2009
    instantdeath999;1753394 said:
    Admittedly, the only Nickelback I have heard is the hit singles. I'm sure they do have deeper cuts.

Blink-182, on the other hand... bleh.
    Not sure on Blink but you are most likely right, by pure guess. Too be honest the whole "punk" side of the Rock family tree is my weak point and rarely do I find music that resonates with me. Anything from indie rock to alternative to punk is completey beyond me.
  • TheCrimsonSaintTheCrimsonSaint Headliner
    edited January 2009
    instantdeath999;1753394 said:
    Admittedly, the only Nickelback I have heard is the hit singles. I'm sure they do have deeper cuts.

Blink-182, on the other hand... bleh.
    Check their tribute to Dimebag Darrell, a song called Side of a Bullet. Great song, actually.
  • TopazDolphinTopazDolphin Opening Act
    edited January 2009
    I really hate it when critics, and the public alike, single out one person in a band and say "they are the band" or something like that. Often they either say little or nothing of the other band members.

Keep in mind that when said people are singled out, they are in themselves talented and have earned their praise (all this depending on your opinion here). I'm more of a "what about the others?" kinda person.
  • Gatorguy91Gatorguy91 Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
    I like Fall Out Boy, The Academy Is... and Panic at the Disco.

Jeez, i must hate REAL MUSIC, like... oh wait, i also like Iron Maiden, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, the Who, The Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Megadeth, Rush, Muse, and many other renowned bands.
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited January 2009
    TheCrimsonSaint;1753438 said:
    Check their tribute to Dimebag Darrell, a song called Side of a Bullet. Great song, actually.
    I thought it was terrible and found it ironic that Nickelback was paying tribute to him.
    edited January 2009
    Ultimatum;1753525 said:
    I thought it was terrible and found it ironic that Nickelback was paying tribute to him.
    Different strokes. Me and you rarely agree on anything anyways.:p
  • Xaris3514Xaris3514 Opening Act
    edited January 2009
    TheCrimsonSaint;1737158 said:
    Kamelot is the best band that no one has ever heard of.
    Its very hard to be unheard of when you're one of the most popular bands in the power metal scene. It just pisses me off that of all bands that started in the power metal scene, the one that rose to mainstream success is one of the worst.
    Also, Roy Khan is the best vocalist since Dio.
    This, however, should be undeniable fact.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited January 2009
    TheCrimsonSaint;1753536 said:
    Different strokes. Me and you rarely agree on anything anyways.:p
    I didn't hate it, but didn't really feel anyway one way or the other.

When the solo came, I thought it fit badly, but was very surprised that they could even do that... then I found it was Dimebag.
    edited January 2009
    Of the Japanese bands that I've heard of the only ones that are worth anything are Galneryus, X Japan, Abingdon Boys School and Dir En Grey.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited January 2009
    Xaris3514;1753642 said:
    Of the Japanese bands that I've heard of the only ones that are worth anything are Galneryus, X Japan, Abingdon Boys School and Dir En Grey.
    Have you checked out Shonen Knife, Guitar Wolf, Pizzicato 5, or The Black Mages?
    edited January 2009
    Runesmith;1753665 said:
    Have you checked out Shonen Knife, Guitar Wolf, Pizzicato 5, or The Black Mages?
    Aside from The Black Mages, which I completely forgot to put on the previous list, I've yet to hear anything by any of those bands. I'll have to look into them.
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited January 2009
    Sunn O))) is Japanese, no?
    edited January 2009
    Xaris3514;1753551 said:
    Its very hard to be unheard of when you're one of the most popular bands in the power metal scene. It just pisses me off that of all bands that started in the power metal scene, the one that rose to mainstream success is one of the worst.

This, however, should be undeniable fact.
    This post confuses me. Kamelot sucks, but Roy Khan is awesome? How'd you work that one out?
    edited January 2009
    TheCrimsonSaint;1753943 said:
    This post confuses me. Kamelot sucks, but Roy Khan is awesome? How'd you work that one out?
    I probably should have worded that post better. I love Kamelot, they're one of my favorite bands. The band I was referring to as one of the worst power metal bands is DragonForce. Yes, Kamelot is very popular amongst metal fans, but they aren't even close to mainstream. When I posted that last one, I was pointing out how annoyed I am that bands like Kamelot can't get mainstream attention while people eat up DragonForce.

Of course, even if I hated Kamelot, Khan's ability is blatantly obvious.
    edited January 2009
    Dragonforce are popular past Through the Fire and Flames?
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited January 2009
    instantdeath999;1753994 said:
    Dragonforce are popular past Through the Fire and Flames?
    Quite a bit; they toured in Ozzfest and were hoisted as 'metal gods & revisionists' by Kerrang magazine.
    edited January 2009
    Gowienczyk;1754007 said:
    Quite a bit; they toured in Ozzfest and were hoisted as 'metal gods & revisionists' by Kerrang magazine.
    That's much better than how I could have put it.
    edited January 2009
    That aside, I like Dragonforce. Their latest (Ultra Beatdown) is a homage back to their Sonic Firestorm style and it might be a realization on their part that Inhuman Rampage was a awful album and should of flopped. But Kerrang and GH press kind of made it the opposite.

Dragonforce isn't as awful as people claim. Though, they aren't as 'awesome' as others claim. Bad place for the band. Very.
    edited January 2009
    I had heard of Dragonforce before Guitar Hero, but only because I was into power metal. And then, I had only heard Valley of the Damned, which I didn't think was that bad. I thought Guitar Hero gave them that extra burst... when their music became so cheesy and wanktastic it became unbearable.
    edited January 2009
    instantdeath999;1754030 said:
    I had heard of Dragonforce before Guitar Hero, but only because I was into power metal. And then, I had only heard Valley of the Damned, which I didn't think was that bad. I thought Guitar Hero gave them that extra burst... when their music became so cheesy and wanktastic it became unbearable.
    It's only Inhuman Rampage that had that appeal as a album.
    edited January 2009
    instantdeath999;1754030 said:
    Valley of the Damned isn't bad. It shows their talent and potential, but the copy/paste bull**** that Sonic Firestorm started makes them more money and gets them more popularity. To be completely honest, if I considered any band a sell out, it would be DragonForce.
    edited January 2009
    Xaris3514;1754042 said:
    Valley of the Damned isn't bad. It shows their talent and potential, but the copy/paste bull**** that Sonic Firestorm started makes them more money and gets them more popularity. To be completely honest, if I considered any band a sell out, it would be DragonForce.
    Sonic Firestorm was a furthering and a improvement from Valley of the Damned. If you don't want Dragonforce's gimmick in power emtal just listen to Cryonic Temple and stop complaining.
    edited January 2009
    I actually really liked Sonic Firestorm. I heard it after somewhat liking Through the Fire and Flames. Then I heard Inhuman Rampage, and event though I liked a few songs, they started to run together.
    edited January 2009
    Gowienczyk;1754062 said:
    Sonic Firestorm was a furthering and a improvement from Valley of the Damned. If you don't want Dragonforce's gimmick in power emtal just listen to Cryonic Temple and stop complaining.
    I will give you that Sonic Firestorm had its moments, but I still say that's when they realized that people will eat up the same super fast simplistic stuff that Inhuman Rampage put out.

As for Cryonic Temple, they are just so.... meh. I'll take bands like Kamelot, Blind Guardian and Sonata Arctica over them any day.
    edited January 2009
    instantdeath999;1754072 said:
    I actually really liked Sonic Firestorm. I heard it after somewhat liking Through the Fire and Flames. Then I heard Inhuman Rampage, and event though I liked a few songs, they started to run together.

I don't even call Ultra Beatdown, Ultra Beatdown. I call it Sonic Firestorm, Vol. II.

:D
    edited January 2009
    They really aren't fond of innovation.
    edited January 2009
    Xaris3514;1754076 said:
    I will give you that Sonic Firestorm had its moments, but I still say that's when they realized that people will eat up the same super fast simplistic stuff that Inhuman Rampage put out.

As for Cryonic Temple, they are just so.... meh. I'll take bands like Kamelot, Blind Guardian and Sonata Arctica over them any day.
    CT's not great. But lol @ liking BG.
    edited January 2009
    Well, unlike Dragonforce, they can perform their music live.
    edited January 2009
    Gowienczyk;1754081 said:
    CT's not great. But lol @ liking BG.
    What's so bad about liking Blind Guardian?