Randomly Crap Out Your Opinions Thread

a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
edited December 2013 in History of Rock
since soooo many are cluttering up the Stupid Things You've Heard Thread (Music Related) here's a thread for you that just like to state opinions you don't care for that you think are stupid.

Link to Part Two

[Thread inspired by Quinarvy]

Comments

  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited October 2008
    This thread is awesome. That is my opinion.
  • Xaris3514Xaris3514 Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    Nirvana sucks. That is all.
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited October 2008
    I cannot stand overly simplistic synthetic rhythm sections. One reason I hate pop so much. There's just no depth, so when I dive into the music, expecting some measure of complexity, I end up cracking my head open on the bottom relatively quickly because of how shallow it sounds. With a simple rhythm section, I can at least wrap my head around drum sound and which drums are being hit along with distinguishing a bass line from the mix. With most pop tunes, there's NOTHING for me to grasp. It's all too clean, simple and emotionless and that sound is like nails against a chalkboard to me (which, in retrospect, might be better since it could be used well as ambience).

    Oh, by the way, nice title, there, a21Schizoidman a.k.a. the "Prog-nosticator", haha
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited October 2008
    Hungryfreak;1498965 said:
    I cannot stand overly simplistic synthetic rhythm sections. One reason I hate pop so much. There's just no depth, so when I dive into the music, expecting some measure of complexity, I end up cracking my head open on the bottom relatively quickly because of how shallow it sounds. With a simple rhythm section, I can at least wrap my head around drum sound and which drums are being hit along with distinguishing a bass line from the mix. With most pop tunes, there's NOTHING for me to grasp. It's all too clean, simple and emotionless and that sound is like nails against a chalkboard to me (which, in retrospect, might be better since it could be used well as ambience).

    Oh, by the way, nice title, there, a21Schizoidman a.k.a. the "Prog-nosticator", haha
    I agree with that post actually, hits the nail on why I don't like pop really at times. I also got to say that title kicks ass.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited October 2008
    I don't like overly technical pieces of music. Most extremely technical musicians sound like emotionless robots to me; in my opinion, there's little point in playing music if you can't play from your heart, and not from your brain.

    I'm one of them "there is beauty in simplicity" folks.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited October 2008
    i typically lean towards the more simplistic/minimalist stuff, but neither particularly jump out at me when listening to music unless that's there is to it (in which case i probably hate it).

    that said, when recording my own music i tend to go with layering a possibly excessive amount of tracks over one another because while i'm definitely not a perfectionist, i do have LOTS of trouble deciding that something is "done".
    my latest recordings have caused me to really focus on keeping things more stripped-down, along with trying to sing and not coat my voice in effects.
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited October 2008
    I have nothing against simplicity. Simplicity can be beautiful, but in the context of pop, its emotionless, mechanical simplicity.
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    I don't like music that sucks.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited October 2008
    Soror_YZBL;1500071 said:
    I don't like music that sucks.
    sometimes i like music when it sucks so much that it affects me nearly as much as music that doesn't suck...
  • edited October 2008
    afterstasis;1500324 said:
    sometimes i like music when it sucks so much that it affects me nearly as much as music that doesn't suck...
    They say that the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference.

    I may not like it, but I appreciate music that elicits some kind of emotional reaction.
  • Insane3Insane3 Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    I hate when on news they interview someone about a car crash and that the person says...
    "It all went so fast!"
    Really? How surprising!

    It's a car accident man... it can't be slow.















    Oh! It was supposed to be music related? Then I personnally can't stand the fact that Jimi Hendrix is dead. I don't get it. Why... WHY?!
  • OldFogeyOldFogey Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    Soror_YZBL;1500071 said:
    I don't like music that sucks.
    Have to disagree with you there.

    I don't like music that blows. :p
  • dark__gamerdark__gamer Rising Star
    edited October 2008
    if it sucks it sucks who cares
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited October 2008
    dark__gamer;1501857 said:
    if it sucks it sucks who cares
    but does it really suck? and if so, what if it sucks in a non-sucky way?

    EDIT: test
  • Mystlyfe77Mystlyfe77 Big Fan
    edited October 2008
    Everyone else is horribly wrong. That's my opinion. :cool:

    Also Death Magnetic still sucks.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited October 2008
    Mystlyfe77;1501898 said:
    Everyone else is horribly wrong. That's my opinion. :cool:

    My opinion is that you are just as horribly wrong as you accuse others of being :cool:
  • My name is FezMy name is Fez Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    That The Beatles are better than Led Zeppelin lolololo

    No one's going to listen to this thread or take it seriously XD
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited October 2008
    My name is Fez;1502470 said:
    That The Beatles are better than Led Zeppelin lolololo

    No one's going to listen to this thread or take it seriously XD
    its not supposed to, its just a place for everyone to spout their thoughts when someone says band x is better than band y, or that band m is overrated or something like that, since ppl tend to do it so much in the Stupid Things thread
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited October 2008
    Ringo is a much better drummer than some people say.
  • back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited October 2008
    I find Coheed and Cambria to be very annoying.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited October 2008
    back_blows;1502526 said:
    I find Coheed and Cambria to be very annoying.
    i've grown to dislike them more than paramore.
  • back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited October 2008
    afterstasis;1502553 said:
    i've grown to dislike them more than paramore.
    :eek::eek:That really says alot.

    I find alot of Tool fans to be pretentious.
  • Gatorguy91Gatorguy91 Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    Pink Floyd is not a good band without Sid Barrett.

    (Don't hate me, it's my opinion)
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited October 2008
    I find Dream Theater to be pretentious and boring.
  • Insane3Insane3 Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    Rockbandfan23467;1502693 said:
    I find Dream Theater to be pretentious and boring.
    Hey... I just wanted to know... WHAT'S ON YOUR PIC! Since it's on, always try to see, but it's too small. I see it's rubber soul... but what's on their faces?
  • Shredder87Shredder87 Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    Hungryfreak;1499601 said:
    I have nothing against simplicity. Simplicity can be beautiful, but in the context of pop, its emotionless, mechanical simplicity.
    So you hate JT?!

    The dude does have some pretty catchy tunes.


    On topic.

    I love poon.
  • Mystlyfe77Mystlyfe77 Big Fan
    edited October 2008
    instantdeath999;1501933 said:
    My opinion is that you are just as horribly wrong as you accuse others of being :cool:
    But since you're wrong that means I'm right, which means you're wrong.
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited October 2008
    Shredder87;1502841 said:

    I love poon.
    thats not an opinion!


    thats a fact
  • My name is FezMy name is Fez Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    back_blows;1502660 said:
    :eek::eek:That really says alot.

    I find alot of Tool fans to be pretentious.
    I find people that find Tool fans to be pretentious to be teh n00bz.

    But I'm kidding, most of my kin are in fact *******s XD
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited October 2008
    Mystlyfe77;1502845 said:
    But since you're wrong that means I'm right, which means you're wrong.
    But because I'm wrong, it means neither of us are right. You're less right, though.
    afterstasis;1502553 said:
    i've grown to dislike them more than paramore.
    Why is that?

    Oh, and I'm assuming this is a place where your opinion completely guards you? No disagreeing at all?

    In that case, Jesus is a Lemmy-wannabe.
Sign In or Register to comment.