Randomly Crap Out Your Opinions Thread

Comments

• LolicatLolicat Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
    a21schizoidman;1778275 said:
    Hard Candy > Juno IMO

Ellen is gonna become a really good actress IF she doesn't **** it up with affairs or drugs or getting knocked up or somethin
    Hard Candy is better, yea, but I think my favourite is The Tracey Fragments or Mouth to Mouth. I'm pretty sure she's a secret lesbian, that's the noise at least. I think she's fairly sensible though, level headed.
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited January 2009
    ok a few things

Incubus is pretty good

my new favorite Iron Maiden song is Hallowed Be Thy Name

GH:WT is alright, but they had me all excited when i saw Rondo on the created song list!!

I was like Oh **** Yeah!!!
    Hoping, but doubting it was this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVFMwpiMHWc
    kicks ass, don't it?

well, it was this...(ugh)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsHXcoNBUxI&feature=related
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited January 2009
    ..you know, I'm starting (after 4+ years of it) to get borderline pissed off at kids who retort about rap/hip-hop just because they heard a 50 Cent song on BET.

lol rap is crap lol.

Somebody frickin' shoot me before I shoot one of them. :(
  • franticfishfranticfish Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
    Gowienczyk;1779286 said:
    ..you know, I'm starting (after 4+ years of it) to get borderline pissed off at kids who retort about rap/hip-hop just because they heard a 50 Cent song on BET.

lol rap is crap lol.

They'll probably shoot you, seeing as their 'bad boi gangstaz hangin' in da hood' despite the fact most of them live in the burbs'
    edited January 2009
    franticfish;1779674 said:
    They'll probably shoot you, seeing as their 'bad boi gangstaz hangin' in da hood' despite the fact most of them live in the burbs'
    I was talking about idiots who bash hip-hop; not crunk idiots. Though they can rot in a hole too.
    edited January 2009
    Here's an opinion: most Hip Hop artists who avoid the mainstream bitches and hoes attitude (which is basically the rock attitude too) actually seem to be more intelligent and generally nicer people than most rock bands.
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited January 2009
    Gowienczyk;1779286 said:

lol rap is crap lol.

I agree Rap is crap and many people just listen to it to be "Cool" when in fact it causes my ears to bleed
    edited January 2009
    Fizzeler;1779738 said:
    I agree Rap is crap and many people just listen to it to be "Cool" when in fact it causes my ears to bleed
    You just failed at being relevant to anything in this forum for a long time.
    edited January 2009
    Gowienczyk;1779752 said:
    You just failed at being relevant to anything in this forum for a long time.
    So you have realized my plan :D
  • Xaris3514Xaris3514 Opening Act
    edited January 2009
    Fizzeler;1779738 said:
    Actually, I believe he was pointing out that the mainstream doesn't define rap. Honestly, if you think that mainstream defines a genre, then hair metal defines all metal, Fall Out boy and Paramore define all pop-rock and boy bands and Britney Spears define all pop.
    edited January 2009
    Hip-Hop as a whole is more intelligent and artistic than Rock to begin with. :cool:

/mike's generalization of the week
    edited January 2009
    Xaris3514;1779760 said:
    Actually, I believe he was pointing out that the mainstream doesn't define rap. Honestly, if you think that mainstream defines a genre, then hair metal defines all metal, Fall Out boy and Paramore define all pop-rock and boy bands and Britney Spears define all pop.
    I have missed the last few posts thanks for helping me catch up :)

On that note I agree mainstream does not define a genre
    edited January 2009
    If all I knew of hip-hop was 50 Cent and BET I would hate it too.

EDIT: Actually, no. I wouldn't. I'm from the Detroit area, so I've always liked rap to a degree. From the early miami bass hits to the few political hip-hop singles and the irrelevant inbetweens.
    edited January 2009
    Gowienczyk;1779764 said:
    Hip-Hop as a whole is more intelligent and artistic than Rock to begin with. :cool:

Here's a better (and truer) generalisation about Hip Hop:

Hip Hop = Punk
    edited January 2009
    Random Opinion:
    My favorite Moody Blues album is Days Of Future Past
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited January 2009
    Gowienczyk;1779764 said:

Yeah, pretty big generalization. You really can't lump all rock, or all hip-hop, into one little bin.
    edited January 2009
    instantdeath999;1779856 said:
    Yeah, pretty big generalization. You really can't lump all rock, or all hip-hop, into one little bin.
    Why not?

People use the third grade generalization that rap is crap; so why not hit them back where it hurts?
    edited January 2009
    Gowienczyk;1779865 said:
    Why not?

People use the third grade generalization that rap is crap; so why not hit them back where it hurts?
    What if I really do think Rap is crap (sorry if it sounds insulting) I personally hate rap
    Hip Hop = Never really got into it
    edited January 2009
    Fizzeler;1779880 said:
    What if I really do think Rap is crap (sorry if it sounds insulting) I personally hate rap
    Hip Hop = Never really got into it
    HIP HOP IS RAP.

Rap is a vocal style used often in Hip-Hop music. Gawd.

Your generalization is not too unlike someone coming in here and saying they hate rock music because of what they hear on the radio. ><
    edited January 2009
    Gowienczyk;1779884 said:
    HIP HOP IS RAP.

Rap is a vocal style used often in Hip-Hop music. Gawd.
    I know that why do you think I never got into Hip Hop?
  • back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited January 2009
    Gowienczyk;1779865 said:
    Why not?

So, you want to stoop down to their level?
    edited January 2009
    back_blows;1779890 said:
    So, you want to stoop down to their level?
    Touche.
    edited January 2009
    Fizzeler;1779888 said:
    I know that why do you think I never got into Hip Hop?
    Lacking an open mind?

Forced Listening at a earlier age?

Ignorance?

Hell if I know.
    edited January 2009
    Gowienczyk;1779893 said:
    Touche.
    Never mind I just don't like rap and never got into Hip Hop because of rap however, I am not saying anything about the genres those are just my opinions
    edited January 2009
    Fizzeler;1779902 said:
    Never mind I just don't like rap and never got into Hip Hop because of rap however, I am not saying anything about the genres those are just my opinions
    Try saying such a 2nd grade opinion in a more mature matter than. :p
    edited January 2009
    Gowienczyk;1779907 said:
    Try saying such a 2nd grade opinion in a more mature matter than. :p
    Touche my friend that is the difficult part :D
    edited January 2009
    Oh yeah, hip-hop isn't even restricted to rap vocals. More than a handful of bands use soul-influenced singing verses for instance.

Hell, Outkast put out one album where there was minimal to no rapping.
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited January 2009
    Gowienczyk;1779910 said:
    Oh yeah, hip-hop isn't even restricted to rap vocals. More than a handful of bands use soul-influenced singing verses for instance.

Out of curiosity, was it a particularly good album?(I might check that out when I start listening to Hip-Hop).
    edited January 2009
    Gowienczyk;1779910 said:

Interesting although I am not looking into any new music recommendations right now I may consider Rap-Free Hip Hop in the future
    Thanks
    edited January 2009
    JukeBoxHero;1779922 said:
    Out of curiosity, was it a particularly good album?(I might check that out when I start listening to Hip-Hop).
    Same