Randomly Crap Out Your Opinions Thread

Comments

• Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited November 2008
    There is too much good music in the world. I'd wish there was less good music, but then there would be less good music in the world, and that would be bad. Right now, there are about 25 bands that are on my "need to hear more" list. And then I have to listen to all the good music that I already know. I think my ears are melting from all the music.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited November 2008
    Alright_Computer;1519682 said:
    There is too much good music in the world. I'd wish there was less good music, but then there would be less good music in the world, and that would be bad. Right now, there are about 25 bands that are on my "need to hear more" list. And then I have to listen to all the good music that I already know. I think my ears are melting from all the music.
    And Coldplayer has very good musical tastes.. Sigur Ros is a great band!
    edited November 2008
    ^Yes they are, but I'm afraid I haven't listened to much beyond their new album and Takk... I'll check more out now.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited November 2008
    Alright_Computer;1519842 said:
    ^Yes they are, but I'm afraid I haven't listened to much beyond their new album and Takk... I'll check more out now.
    Fake Plastic Trees would be boring in Rock Band :(

I'm listening to some Radiohead now, man did I forget a lot about these guy :O
    edited November 2008
    It's easy to forget about other bands when you've listened to nothing but Silversun Pickups for the last several days.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited November 2008
    Alright_Computer;1519927 said:
    It's easy to forget about other bands when you've listened to nothing but Silversun Pickups for the last several days.
    Pfft I haven't listened to In Rainbows in like... oh say 4 months :eek:

And Radiohead period for 3...

I went to my moms and I forgot :(
  • Cpt. OverkillCpt. Overkill (Briefly) Touched by a Banhammer
    edited November 2008
    Bub;1518990 said:
    Pink Floyd is five times better than Rush.
    The only thing I could see is guitarists.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited November 2008
    BTW Alright Computer if u added me on your profile check your inbox real fast I have a question
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited November 2008
    Zeleii;1519882 said:
    Fake Plastic Trees would be boring in Rock Band :(

I'm listening to some Radiohead now, man did I forget a lot about these guy :O
    Great for the vocalist. It's one of those songs that you would get so into, you forget that it is "boring".
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited November 2008
    instantdeath999;1520066 said:
    Great for the vocalist. It's one of those songs that you would get so into, you forget that it is "boring".
    Full band buddy...

Perfect for Singstar though :\
    edited November 2008
    Zeleii;1520074 said:
    Full band buddy...

It would be like Baba O'Riley or Behind Blue Eyes. They may not be the most interesting songs on guitar or drums respectively, but they're among my favorites on each instrument.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited November 2008
    Yeah...

My opinion... Videotape by Radiohead is a bad album ending... it has a perfect cut-off point but it just goes on and it really IMO messes up the ending
    edited November 2008
    Zeleii;1520074 said:
    Full band buddy...

The second part was directed at non-vocal instruments.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited November 2008
    I personally think everyone that resorts to the "but it's called ROCK band!" argument when debating the inclusion of non-rock DLC should receive a prompt kick to the temple. HMX developers have repeatedly said that they will release DLC that is decidedly non-rock in nature when the time comes; stop using this crappy argument as a legitimate point.

/rant off.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited November 2008
    instantdeath999;1520171 said:
    The second part was directed at non-vocal instruments.
    Excuse me on that I'm a little slow today
  • SputnikDXSputnikDX Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    I love The Who a lot, but I find most of the studio album of Who's Next to be very boring.
    edited November 2008
    SputnikDX;1520228 said:
    I love The Who a lot, but I find most of the studio album of Who's Next to be very boring.
    I disagree :p
    edited November 2008
    instantdeath999;1520230 said:
    I disagree :p
    I like the songs, I just don't have anywhere near as much fun listening to "This Song Is Over" as I would say "Magic Bus" Live at Leeds.

EDIT: Oh, and before you post, don't believe I'm only talking comparatively speaking with their live albums. I also have more fun listening to "Fountain of Lamneth" by Rush than "Love Ain't For Keeping", though I still like the songs on Who's Next. They're just so boring...
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited November 2008
    SputnikDX;1520284 said:
    I like the songs, I just don't have anywhere near as much fun listening to "This Song Is Over" as I would say "Magic Bus" Live at Leeds.

EDIT: Oh, and before you post, don't believe I'm only talking comparatively speaking with their live albums. I also have more fun listening to "Fountain of Lamneth" by Rush than "Love Ain't For Keeping", though I still like the songs on Who's Next. They're just so boring...
    I agree, the Who seem to have a better presence and seem to play better live (Entwistle for sure)
    edited November 2008
    Zeleii;1520298 said:
    I agree, the Who seem to have a better presence and seem to play better live (Entwistle for sure)
    Entwistle plays good in the studio, but he's usually very quiet in the mix, which is very sad. However, The Who is and always will be the greatest Live band ever.
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited November 2008
    SputnikDX;1520303 said:
    Entwistle plays good in the studio, but he's usually very quiet in the mix, which is very sad. However, The Who is and always will be the greatest Live band ever.
    I disagree

Talking Heads or Alice Cooper > the Who
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited November 2008
    also,

Pantera is overrated

(runs away and hides in giant flame ******ant bubble)
    edited November 2008
    While I respect him, since he is one of the few pop artists who makes respectable music, I've just never been fan of Prince.
    a21schizoidman;1520320 said:
    I disagree

Talking Heads or Alice Cooper > the Who
    I've always loved the Who's live energy. After all, they were probably the heaviest band of their day.
    a21schizoidman;1520330 said:
    also,

Pantera is overrated

(runs away and hides in giant flame ******ant bubble)
    I don't know about overrated, but I'm not a fan at all. Not really a big Groove metal fan.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited November 2008
    I'm checking out My Bloody Valentine...

By god this stuff is pretty good!

Random opinion
    Megadeth > Metallica
  • Xaris3514Xaris3514 Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    Zeleii;1520347 said:
    Megadeth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Metallica
    Fix'd.

10 char
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited November 2008
    Xaris3514;1521666 said:
    Fix'd.

10 char
    Not really, both are good in their own respects...

True thrash wise Megadeth wins... but Metallica has changed so much over the years it's really hard to compare the two anymore.
    edited November 2008
    Zeleii;1522307 said:
    Not really, both are good in their own respects...

True thrash wise Megadeth wins... but Metallica has changed so much over the years it's really hard to compare the two anymore.
    Too bad Megadeth wins on all respects. Old Metallica is still good, but Megadeth still stomps them.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited November 2008
    SputnikDX;1523219 said:
    Too bad Megadeth wins on all respects. Old Metallica is still good, but Megadeth still stomps them.
    Thrash Wise..

When comparing the changes

Youthanasia > Black Album

Load/Reload was better than say Cryptic Writings.

But Unite Abomination >>>>> Death Magnetic
  • DarkSide247DarkSide247 Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    I think:

(No Pussyfooting) is one of the best albums involving Robert Fripp.

Nursery Cryme is the best Genesis album.

Genesis>Rush.

Kreator>Megadeth>Anthrax>Testament>Metallica>Slayer.

While I love all line-ups of Pink Floyd, I think the original line-up with Syd is the best.

Zappa>Gibbons.
    edited November 2008
    I believe the Who surviving without Keith Moon is incredible.
    I believe the Who surviving without Keith and John is an absolute miracle.