Randomly Crap Out Your Opinions Thread

Comments

• Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited January 2009
    The difference is, L. Ron Hubbard admited that Scientology is a lie.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited January 2009
    Rockbandfan23467;1812854 said:
    It disappoints me that Beck is a member of an insane cult made so that the founder could get money.
    From my understanding, he's not really religious at all. It's like how someone who was raised a Christian might consider themselves Christians even though they don't go to church or anything. Also, every religion could be considered a cult in different circumstances.

Anyway, this is off-topic. Random opinion: Beck is awesome.
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited January 2009
    Acoustic is the best genre when done right.
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited January 2009
    Ultimatum;1812885 said:
    Acoustic is the best genre when done right.
    :rolleyes:
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited January 2009
    I disagree with Scientology, and religion in general, but I'm not going to let that get in the way of my enjoyment of his music.
    edited January 2009
    instantdeath999;1812893 said:
    I disagree with Scientology, and religion in general, but I'm not going to let that get in the way of my enjoyment of his music.
    Exactly. Just because Dave Mustaine is a born-again Christian, which is just as crazy as Scientology doesn't mean that his songs suck.

Not-so-random opinion: Sea Change is an amazing album. Listen to it nao.
    edited January 2009
    Is that a Beck album?
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited January 2009
    Ultimatum;1812928 said:
    Is that a Beck album?
    it's by far the best beck album, in my opinion.
    edited January 2009
    Alright_Computer;1812920 said:
    Exactly. Just because Dave Mustaine is a born-again Christian, which is just as crazy as Scientology doesn't mean that his songs suck.

Not-so-random opinion: Sea Change is an amazing album. Listen to it nao.
    I'm working through his discography chronologically bit by bit, so I should be there before long.
    edited January 2009
    Again, Hubbard admited Scientology was false.
    edited January 2009
    Rockbandfan23467;1812937 said:
    I'm not Scientology expert, but I imagine most followers follow for the ideals and teachings of the religion, not necessarily the actual belief. Most Christians wouldn't follow Jesus Christ if he promoted murder, or whatever.
    edited January 2009
    instantdeath999;1812936 said:
    I'm working through his discography chronologically bit by bit, so I should be there before long.
    It's quite an odd transition from Midnite Vultures, his most carefree and fun album, to Sea Change, his most serious album, if you listen to it chronologically. I'll agree that it's his best. It's an album of mostly somber acoustic-type songs, but there are a few almost happy songs in there, like Sunday Sun. Really great stuff.
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited January 2009
    Rockbandfan23467;1812937 said:
    the subject was dead, why did you need to bring it back up?
    edited January 2009
    He wants to be right for once.
    edited January 2009
    Achilles Last Stand is more overrated than Stairway to Heaven in some circles.
    edited January 2009
    Ultimatum;1812997 said:
    He wants to be right for once.
    Nice one, and probably true.
    edited January 2009
    It's nice to see the board isn't shoegaze crazy anymore.
    edited January 2009
    Rockbandfan23467;1813031 said:
    It's nice to see the board isn't shoegaze crazy anymore.
    I'm still shoegaze-crazy, just not as vocal about it as I was.

Random opinion: shoegaze is the best thing since sliced bread.
    edited January 2009
    edited January 2009
    I really need to get past My Bloody Valentine. I think I might try Jesus and the Mary Chain.

I spend more time trying to figure out what to listen to than actually listening to anything.
    edited January 2009
    instantdeath999;1813085 said:
    I really need to get past My Bloody Valentine. I think I might try Jesus and the Mary Chain.

I spend more time trying to figure out what to listen to than actually listening to anything.
    Jesus and Mary Chain aren't really full-on shoegaze, but they're a big influence. They shouldn't be missed.
    edited January 2009
    The Raveonettes have some really fun moments, for a partially shoegaze band.
    edited January 2009
    instantdeath999;1813085 said:

definitely listen to J&tMC, but please also dig into ride, chapterhouse, and slowdive...
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited January 2009
    Hmm, I probably should check out more Shoegaze but my reliance/addiction on last.fm doesn't help me. :(

Also, like to comment that it is oddly calming to listen to Stranger Things Have Happened(Foo Fighters) while playing Halo 3.
    edited January 2009
    running into some of the older ultimate setlist threads requesting hip-hop, country, and other less popular artists/genres is genuinely depressing.

there are some genuinely ignorant, tremendously vile people who post here... i want to do bodily harm to them all.
    edited January 2009
    afterstasis;1813267 said:
    running into some of the older ultimate setlist threads requesting hip-hop, country, and other less popular artists/genres is genuinely depressing.

there are some genuinely ignorant, tremendously vile people who post here... i want to do bodily harm to them all.
    I think the Ultimate Setlist forum has become less hostile.

Go to gamefaqs sometime. It's really bad.
    edited January 2009
    instantdeath999;1813275 said:
    I think the Ultimate Setlist forum has become less hostile.

Go to gamefaqs sometime. It's really bad.
    i went there a week or so ago to see how the left 4 dead forum was... and man oh man...
    edited January 2009
    The worst part is it's lack of organization. It's all one forum, rather than a forum for requests and so on.

And you think people here hate Slipknot? I feel sorry for the guys requesting them over there... they are eaten alive.

Led Zeppelin (who I do enjoy) are infallible Gods, along with Rush, Made in Mexico is hated as much as Slipknot, "gamespotters" are plague, The Beatles are a ****ty pop band... ah, the memories.
    edited January 2009
    instantdeath999;1813317 said:
    The worst part is it's lack of organization. It's all one forum, rather than a forum for requests and so on.

And you think people here hate Slipknot? I feel sorry for the guys requesting them over there... they are eaten alive.

Led Zeppelin (who I do enjoy) are infallible Gods, along with Rush, Made in Mexico is hated as much as Slipknot, "gamespotters" are plague, The Beatles are a ****ty pop band... ah, the memories.
    i may not always show it, but i genuinely enjoy it when my song requests are heavily flamed... it shows that the music is still making serious waves both positive and negative.

after surrounding myself with friends who can appreciate everything from jandek to lisa suckdog it's nice to be reminded that there are still people out there who still consider light-weight stuff like black flag or joy division difficult listening.
  • Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
    edited January 2009
    afterstasis;1813336 said:
    i may not always show it, but i genuinely enjoy it when my song requests are heavily flamed... it shows that the music is still making serious waves both positive and negative.

after surrounding myself with friends who can appreciate everything from jandek to lisa suckdog it's nice to be reminded that there are still people out there who still consider light-weight stuff like black flag or joy division difficult listening.
    Very nice. I personally feel if everyone loved death metal as much as I do then this world would be in serious, serious trouble. All the posts with the Visions hate pretty much are like, "Yeah, you dont like it, Im glad its doing its job ;]"