Randomly Crap Out Your Opinions Thread

Comments

• instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited October 2008
    Afterstasis, I stand corrected on the pretentious Coheed fan. That 63rebham guy is great.

I guess I shouldn't be judging on stereotypes... I haven't heard enough of their music. They have Chris Pennie in the band, so they can't be that bad.
  • back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited October 2008
    instantdeath999;1503455 said:
    Afterstasis, I stand corrected on the pretentious Coheed fan. That 63rebham guy is great.
    Were you fortunate enough to read his comment in the "What is your favourite kind of dog?" thread? Its deleted now, but it was disgusting.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited October 2008
    back_blows;1503473 said:
    Were you fortunate enough to read his comment in the "What is your favourite kind of dog?" thread? Its deleted now, but it was disgusting.
    do tell. i have him on ignore.
    edited October 2008
    afterstasis;1503477 said:
    "The dead kind"
    edited October 2008
    afterstasis;1503477 said:
    His answer to the question "What is your favourite kind of dog?" is "a dead kind".

EDIT: Ninja'd
    edited October 2008
    disgusting, but not one bit surprising.
  • SputnikDXSputnikDX Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    Even after listening to many Zeppelin songs on the radio (My station loves Zep, even having Zep in the name, (KZEP) so they play it often and sometimes devote entire days to Zeppelin songs.) I still don't know what the big deal is about this band. I don't dislike them, but my attitude is always a nuclear sized MEH. I even find, as a drummer, Moby Dicks drum solo to be bland and boring. They've never WOW'd me, ever, simplistically or not.

I believe Coheed and Cambria (sp?) would be a good band if they had a different singer. I don't mind high voices, but his breaks goes above and beyond annoying.

Even as a die hard Rush fan, I can hardly stand Geddy singing some older tracks, like Temples of Syrinx (and other related 2112 sections), and Hemispheres in particular.

If you're a bassist, and John Entwistle isn't one of your influences, stop playing bass.

I never appreciated Tool's album covers, nor their music

Those are my crappy opinions.
  • Xaris3514Xaris3514 Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    SputnikDX;1503562 said:
    If you're a bassist, and John Entwistle isn't one of your influences, stop playing bass.
    What if I've never found The Who as amazing as people seem to think?
  • MronoCMronoC Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    Dream Theater is highly overrated, it's like listening to classical music, but much more boring and repetitive, It's like they totally ignore the last couple of centuries of musical progress, and I also hate it when they cut a song off just before the tension resolves like they think it's clever, but they do it in a way that implies resolution so heavily that it has the exact same effect.
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    back_blows;1502992 said:
    Fair enough. I haven't delved into Tool a whole lot, but I was merely stating that a lot of the Tool fans I have met will bring up how intelligent and cryptic the lyrics are.
    LOL have you been hanging around Thelemites? My occult friends are absolutely OBSESSED with Tool. Then I say "You realize Danny Carey is yanking your chain, right?"
    edited October 2008
    Xaris3514;1506502 said:
    Well, each member was very top of the chain when they first emerged, Pete Townshend is often hailed as one of the greatest lyric writers of all time, Keith Moon had a completely different style of drumming, etc...

As for John Entwistle, many of his basslines were downplayed in the mixes. He really shines live.

Of course, there are plenty of reasons to not like them, I'm sure. I just haven't found many :)
  • Shredder87Shredder87 Road Warrior
    edited October 2008
    instantdeath999;1508012 said:
    Well, each member was very top of the chain when they first emerged, Pete Townshend is often hailed as one of the greatest lyric writers of all time, Keith Moon had a completely different style of drumming, etc...

As for John Entwistle, many of his basslines were downplayed in the mixes. He really shines live.

Of course, there are plenty of reasons to not like them, I'm sure. I just haven't found many :)
    .....but what if you never digged the band to begin with???

I, on the other hand, live by the book of Clifford Lee Burton.
    edited October 2008
    Shredder87;1508026 said:
    .....but what if you never digged the band to begin with???

I, on the other hand, live by the book of Clifford Lee Burton.
    Then you never liked the band, I was just saying why a lot of people find them so great. Perfectly fine to not like them, we just can't be best friends anymore :)

Where can I buy Cliff's book?
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited October 2008
    This thread delivers.

I like simplistic music like Bob Dylan, Nirvana and Bob Marley's acoustic stuff.
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited October 2008
    The Beatles, while not my favorite band, are the best band ever.
    edited October 2008
    i'm not a fan, but my roommate's copy of the first counting crows album is awesome to sing along to in the shower.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited October 2008
    Rockbandfan23467;1508139 said:
    The Beatles, while not my favorite band, are the best band ever.
    I thought that was a fact. :rolleyes:
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited October 2008
    This is one I know I am going to get attack for, but oh well...

My personal opinion of the following band Slipknot is this. The band members of Slipknots can be hit by giant meteor, peed on by Red XIII, and get lit on fire.

(I respect the people that like this music, but I am just throwing this out there.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited October 2008
    Bob Dylan, Rage Against the Machine, and Elvis are punk.

But the Ramones aren't.
    edited October 2008
    Xaris3514;1506502 said:
    You still need to listen to John Entwistle on Bass. Just pick any songs off Live at Leeds and listen to it, he's just one of the most inspiring bassists in the world.
    edited October 2008
    JukeBoxHero;1508640 said:
    This is one I know I am going to get attack for, but oh well...

My personal opinion of the following band Slipknot is this. The band members of Slipknots can be hit by giant meteor, peed on by Red XIII, and get lit on fire.

(I respect the people that like this music, but I am just throwing this out there.
    Slipknot are arguably the most hated band on these forums.
    edited October 2008
    I still find the Who to be very boring.
    edited October 2008
    I like System of a Down and Avenged Sevenfold, but hate myself every day of my life for liking them.
    edited October 2008
    one time i was smoking salvia and i decided that bob dylan sounded like needles and fur.
    edited October 2008
    SputnikDX;1508817 said:
    I like System of a Down and Avenged Sevenfold, but hate myself every day of my life for liking them.
    I enjoy both of them, but I don't feel guilty or ashamed for doing so.
    edited October 2008
    instantdeath999;1508798 said:
    Slipknot are arguably the most hated band on these forums.
    I think Dragonforce, ICP and Nickelback take more heat then those goons.
    edited October 2008
    SputnikDX;1508817 said:
    I shamelessly like System of a Down. In fact, I have no idea what's wrong with them.
    back_blows;1508847 said:
    I think Dragonforce, ICP and Nickelback take more heat then those goons.
    I haven't seen enough ICP hate :D
    edited October 2008
    instantdeath999;1508856 said:

I haven't seen enough ICP hate :D
    No one foolishly flaunts their love for ICP anymore.
  • getchhellyeahgetchhellyeah Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    if i was single, i'd hook up with an asian girl right now
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited October 2008
    Xaris3514;1506502 said:
    then your opinions are null and void :p