Randomly Crap Out Your Opinions Thread

Comments

• RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited November 2008
    Soror_YZBL;1597815 said:
    Stop fronting, everybody knows the best fake genre ever is Swirlcore.
    What about Antmusic? :(

On-topic: I think Tears for Fears' original version of Mad World is leagues better than the Gary Jules cover.
  • harbingerofdoomharbingerofdoom Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    why cant someone just say "yeah i guess its cool if you like , i dont care for it but whatever" rather than " SUCKS how can you listen to that garbage, worst ever, OMG you have no musical taste at all" or other such nonsense.

if you dont like something, thats cool & all, but do you HAVE to show the entire world what a complete moron you are?
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    Runesmith;1598411 said:
    What about Antmusic? :(

On-topic: I think Tears for Fears' original version of Mad World is leagues better than the Gary Jules cover.
    I concur! T4F is one of the most underrated band of the 80's.
  • QuinarvyQuinarvy Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    harbingerofdoom;1598448 said:
    why cant someone just say "yeah i guess its cool if you like , i dont care for it but whatever" rather than " SUCKS how can you listen to that garbage, worst ever, OMG you have no musical taste at all" or other such nonsense.

if you dont like something, thats cool & all, but do you HAVE to show the entire world what a complete moron you are?
    Yes, but this threads intention was to lessen that in other threads and give us a ranting place.

Opinion: Chinese Democracy is amazing.
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited November 2008
    Soror_YZBL;1598665 said:
    I'm not a fan of the synth in the Tears version.
  • Mac&CheezeMac&Cheeze Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    SLIPKNOT ON ROCKBAND. . . for the 20 000'th time
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited November 2008
    Mac&Cheeze;1599830 said:
    derpa derpa?
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited November 2008
    afterstasis;1599839 said:
    derpa derpa?
    Derpity derp derp derp.
  • Insane3Insane3 Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    vandalizemenow00;1595688 said:
    I hate lollipops. I mean what the hell are they all about. Kids seem to like them but I don't understand why. One time when I was trick or treating a guy tried to give me a lollipop, I looked at him and said "Listen here Grandpa, go get me some real candy or I will come into your house and take a dump in the corner. Then I will step on it and run through your house." Lollipops. Are you kidding me. Only an idiot would wanna eat some Lollipops.
    What's your problem man? Lollipops are DELICIOUS! Of course it depends on the flavour, but they last longer than other candies and they taste fantastic!
    edited November 2008
    instantdeath999;1599847 said:
    Derpity derp derp derp.
    Isn't that a rob schneider movie?
  • Cpt. OverkillCpt. Overkill (Briefly) Touched by a Banhammer
    edited November 2008
    Mac&Cheeze;1599830 said:
    No.

Rawr.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited November 2008
    harbingerofdoom;1598448 said:

Couldn't agree more! I'm a firm believer in the "there's no such thing as bad music" camp; it's all a matter of personal taste.
    Soror_YZBL;1598665 said:
    I'd go one further say they are one of the most underrated bands ever, regardless of era. :)
    edited November 2008
    Soror_YZBL;1600760 said:
    Isn't that a rob schneider movie?
    Yes, it was great.

Watch out, it's rated pg-13.
  • RainbowMistRainbowMist Rising Star
    edited November 2008
    Ok, random opinions

This is going to get me beat up but anyway, before I was familiar with Rush, when I heard "Closer To The Heart" on the radio, it didn't even occur to me that it wasn't sung by a woman. (I like both the band and the song by the way)

Also, I would like to thank all the people on here who are vocal about their hate for Fall Out Boy, because I pretty sure that's why I got the new song for $0.99 :p
  • BubBub Generic Person
    edited November 2008
    Lars Ulrich is a butthole.
  • DemiGodRavenDemiGodRaven Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    Bub;1605627 said:
    Lars Ulrich is a butthole.
    For curiosities sake, has lars always been crap live? For instance, I've never thought he was a bad drummer (like the prevailing opinion is, I guess) I just thought he was just a very workmanship style drummer, just keeping a beat without really standing out too much. But watching their live videos, he always seems to be behind, just a little off, or his fills tend to drag on for too long. Something is off about the guy when he drums these days, and I just don't know if I'm just not seeing the full crappiness that everyone else seems to want to hang him for, if it's overblown and he's just 'off' live.
    edited November 2008
    His drum tracks always take the longest to record because he just can't keep time.

And he falls off a lot when playing live, usually he covers it up with a huge fill until he knows where he is.
    edited November 2008
    DemiGodRaven;1606430 said:
    For curiosities sake, has lars always been crap live? For instance, I've never thought he was a bad drummer (like the prevailing opinion is, I guess) I just thought he was just a very workmanship style drummer, just keeping a beat without really standing out too much. But watching their live videos, he always seems to be behind, just a little off, or his fills tend to drag on for too long. Something is off about the guy when he drums these days, and I just don't know if I'm just not seeing the full crappiness that everyone else seems to want to hang him for, if it's overblown and he's just 'off' live.
    Lars is a unique drummer in that he hasn't had any formal training. His training came from 10 hour drum sessions in his garage.

This had it's upsides and downsides. The good is that it build him a lot of endurance. The problem is, he never learned much technique. You'll see that on a lot of Metallica songs... very fast songs, without much variation in technique.

In my opinion, Lars did very well on early live shows. The problem is, with age, his endurance started to fade. Drummers like Neil Peart are still good because of their technique. Lars had only endurance, and without it, he lost all that made his drumming style.
    edited November 2008
    Johnette Napalitano sings Dancing Barefoot better than Patty Smith.
    edited November 2008
    The Who are miles and miles and miles better than The Beatles.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited November 2008
    ^ Speaks the truth

Kalmah is a GREAT melo death band
    edited November 2008
    Ultimatum;1606694 said:
    The Who are miles and miles and miles better than The Beatles.
    As much as I love the Beatles, I agree.
    edited November 2008
    The Beatles never would have had the success they had if they hadn't started playing Pop, which caused them to cross over into the US.
    edited November 2008
    people who call the cops on their neighbors who are trying to jam instead of knocking on their door and asking them to turn it down deserve a flaming turd on their doorstep tomorrow morning.
  • theantkid12theantkid12 Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    Kid Rock has absolutely no talent at all.
    edited November 2008
    afterstasis;1608840 said:
    people who call the cops on their neighbors who are trying to jam instead of knocking on their door and asking them to turn it down deserve a flaming turd on their doorstep tomorrow morning.
    That happen to you?
    edited November 2008
    Ultimatum;1608855 said:
    That happen to you?
    yeah, last night...
    it's certainly not the first time or anything, but it never fails to annoy, especially in this instance since we were playing rather quietly.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited November 2008
    I cannot stand the song Fell on Black Days by Soundgarden.
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited November 2008
    People at my school need to stop singing "So What"