Randomly Crap Out Your Opinions Thread

Comments

• GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited March 2009
    Fizzeler;2103513 said:
    Awesome the bass is highly underrated in music these days most people just consider it a useless instrument :(
    It's really not underrated. It's just undervalued by 'radio rock' bands and that's where that ends.
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    Gowienczyk;2103523 said:
    It's really not underrated. It's just undervalued by 'radio rock' bands and that's where that ends.
    still sad though at least the flute is not underrated just used by only a handful of bands :D
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited March 2009
    Fizzeler;2103550 said:
    still sad though at least the flute is not underrated just used by only a handful of bands :D
    In before Jethro Tull.
    edited March 2009
    Mainstream Music has always generally been lame, so I don't get the whole uproar about today's radio.
    edited March 2009
    Alright_Computer;2103558 said:
    In before Jethro Tull.
    Moody Blues used the flute before Jethro Tull ;)
    edited March 2009
    Gowienczyk;2103569 said:
    Mainstream Music has always generally been lame, so I don't get the whole uproar about today's radio.
    Agreed
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    Gowienczyk;2103569 said:
    i disagree.
    i really enjoy a pretty decent percentage of the big hits from previous decades (i guess it all fell apart for me in '95 or so).
    edited March 2009
    afterstasis;2103671 said:
    i disagree.
    i really enjoy a pretty decent percentage of the big hits from previous decades (i guess it all fell apart for me in '95 or so).
    Well, I think I'm just at bias, I mean I adore a lot of the 80s/90s radio rock but 70s is kind of meh for me. 60s is good but passable, etc.
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited March 2009
    Fizzeler;2103398 said:
    I like the bassline to Wont Get Fooled Again amazing fun on RB have not bought a real Bass yet so can't say anything until I do
    I have given that bass line a try, lazyness gets to me, so I haven't finished learning it yet. It is a fun bass line based off what I can play off it.

CrimsonSaint: :( Dang it, I can't compete with that.
    edited March 2009
    Gowienczyk;2103703 said:
    Well, I think I'm just at bias, I mean I adore a lot of the 80s/90s radio rock but 70s is kind of meh for me. 60s is good but passable, etc.
    I like pretty much radio from just the 70s and 60s and some 80s stuff 90s did not really click and I hate most 00s music
    edited March 2009
    Fizzeler;2103734 said:
    I like pretty much radio from just the 70s and 60s and some 80s stuff 90s did not really click and I hate most 00s music
    I HATE MOST MODERN MUSIC LOLOLOL.

I hate that view. hatehatehate.
    edited March 2009
    Gowienczyk;2103782 said:

Hate is such a strong word how about strongly dislike :D
    edited March 2009
    Gowienczyk;2103782 said:

Especially when there are a lot of modern bands that are practically ripping off of "classic" bands.
  • My name is FezMy name is Fez Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    I'm a mainstream-*** so I like a lot of modern music. Well, sort of. Give me about 3-6 months without listening to radio, and I can listen to the radio whenever I'm in the car (on average 45-60 minutes a day). And I can get really pissed off in about 3 weeks and start listening to a CD or my girlfriend's iPod again XD

And in random news, we have this thing at work that shows us how many calls are on hold/agents available (call centers ftl!) and it's playing Cats in the Cradle, which is always win.

EDIT: I too hate the ALL MODERN MUSIC SUCKS attitude, and that was before you helped me to discover more than just like, 4 bands people don'tk now, gowie XD
  • back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    Alright_Computer;2103808 said:
    Especially when there are a lot of modern bands that are practically ripping off of "classic" bands.
    Let's not forget the delicious irony when one of those "modern" bands accuses another of being a carbon copy.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    a quick chart for my tastes...

mainstream music: 80's>60's>70's>90's>00's

non-mainstream music: 00's>80's>90's>70's>60's'
    edited March 2009
    afterstasis;2103857 said:

I can understand that ;)
    edited March 2009
    afterstasis;2103857 said:

This I actually agree with, except I would switch 80's and 90's for non-mainstream music.
  • TheCrimsonSaintTheCrimsonSaint Headliner
    edited March 2009
    JukeBoxHero;2103733 said:
    I have given that bass line a try, lazyness gets to me, so I haven't finished learning it yet. It is a fun bass line based off what I can play off it.

CrimsonSaint: :( Dang it, I can't compete with that.
    Pardon?
    edited March 2009
    TheCrimsonSaint;2103898 said:
    Pardon?
    My feeling of inept of most likely not being able to do those songs yet.
    edited March 2009
    JukeBoxHero;2104025 said:
    My feeling of inept of most likely not being able to do those songs yet.
    Let me tell you something. I can't either. But the best way to get better is to fail really hard at really hard songs. For me, at least, things just automatically fall into place and all of sudden I'll pull off the insane 16th note run on Ktulu and be like HOLY **** YES!!!!
    edited March 2009
    TheCrimsonSaint;2104071 said:
    Let me tell you something. I can't either. But the best way to get better is to fail really hard at really hard songs. For me, at least, things just automatically fall into place and all of sudden I'll pull off the insane 16th note run on Ktulu and be like HOLY **** YES!!!!
    Probably should starting doing that with Xanadu full time now. Testing this week kinda impedes on the process by I will get on it.
    edited March 2009
    JukeBoxHero;2104117 said:
    Probably should starting doing that with Xanadu full time now. Testing this week kinda impedes on the process by I will get on it.
    What type of bass are you chugging away on?
    edited March 2009
    TheCrimsonSaint;2104149 said:
    What type of bass are you chugging away on?
    Fender Squire Jazz with the action lowered and Ernie Ball strings.
    edited March 2009
    JukeBoxHero;2104208 said:
    Fender Squire Jazz with the action lowered and Ernie Ball strings.
    Kill that bass. Burn it.

Okay, don't be that drastic, but upgrade ASAP. My personal recommendation (especially if you like the thin J neck) would be:
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-SR700-Bass-Guitar-104813241-i1392346.gc
    Or another SR series from Ibanez. Those damn Koreans sure can make basses...
    edited March 2009
    I do like my bass but sometimes it feels like it's impending my progress as a bassist. My next bass is going to be a fretless for practice. This one looks rather nice for the price.

http://www.rondomusic.com/spj3tsfl.html
    edited March 2009
    JukeBoxHero;2104278 said:
    I do like my bass but sometimes it feels like it's impending my progress as a bassist. My next bass is going to be a fretless for practice. This one looks rather nice for the price.

http://www.rondomusic.com/spj3tsfl.html
    I'm going to have to be honest here... avoid any bass that cheap. Unfortunately, you pretty much get what you pay for with these instruments, and $300 is about the base for when the instrument starts being of solid quality.
    edited March 2009
    TheCrimsonSaint;2104310 said:
    I'm going to have to be honest here... avoid any bass that cheap. Unfortunately, you pretty much get what you pay for with these instruments, and $300 is about the base for when the instrument starts being of solid quality.
    That is true, lately I've been thinking maybe of trying more of a upgrade than another bass. The fleabasses are intriguing, I like to hear one in action. I also like the color of schemes for those basses. http://www.fleabass.com/ I'll probably be doing a lot of testing before I make a purchase.

Just to vent here also, I'm very ticked that Fender raised the price of their basses. Especially on the Geddy Lee model... http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Geddy-Lee-Jazz-Bass-?sku=517881&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26044021
    $800 use be a goal I think I can do, $1200 is ridiculous in my mind. I love playing that bass too. :(
    edited March 2009
    JukeBoxHero;2104381 said:
    That is true, lately I've been thinking maybe of trying more of a upgrade than another bass. The fleabasses are intriguing, I like to hear one in action. I also like the color of schemes for those basses. http://www.fleabass.com/ I'll probably be doing a lot of testing before I make a purchase.

Just to vent here also, I'm very ticked that Fender raised the price of their basses. Especially on the Geddy Lee model... http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Geddy-Lee-Jazz-Bass-?sku=517881&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26044021
    $800 use be a goal I think I can do, $1200 is ridiculous in my mind. I love playing that bass too. :(
    Having experience with the Geddy J, I can tell you that that would be a brilliant use of $800. It's so buttery-smooth... it's wonderful. I wouldn't buy it, however, because try as I might, I can't get it to sound really fat. But it's so easy to play and it's tone is so perfect (too perfect, IMHO), that most non-metal bassists would be crazy to pass it up.
    edited March 2009
    TheCrimsonSaint;2104455 said:
    Having experience with the Geddy J, I can tell you that that would be a brilliant use of $800. It's so buttery-smooth... it's wonderful. I wouldn't buy it, however, because try as I might, I can't get it to sound really fat. But it's so easy to play and it's tone is so perfect (too perfect, IMHO), that most non-metal bassists would be crazy to pass it up.
    If it was still $800 dude, I would be all over it. I played it before too, I could play more precise and have a better tone than I ever did on the bass I have now. However, now it's over $1200, that ticks me off. :mad: