Randomly Crap Out Your Opinions Thread

Comments

• TheCrimsonSaintTheCrimsonSaint Headliner
    edited March 2009
    Ultimatum;2118145 said:
    I'd say that The Lonely Island is not far from being a corporate band, if not one already.
    Doesn't mean that they're not better.
  • supernova1324supernova1324 Headliner
    edited March 2009
    On the the topic of Visions, I find it amusingf when people always complain about Visions ruining their ESL and how they failed at the 82nd song. I then respond with the same response I always say: "Wouldn't it have made more sense if you practiced the hard song before starting an 84 song setlist?"
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited March 2009
    Ultimatum;2118145 said:
    I'd say that The Lonely Island is not far from being a corporate band, if not one already.
    The Lonely Island aren't really a band at all. Just a comedy troupe of two people, and considering the content of their material, I have a really hard time believing they're a corporate group. :p

Also: Thrash Unreal has surprisingly well-written lyrics.
    edited March 2009
    Runesmith;2119028 said:
    The Lonely Island aren't really a band at all. Just a comedy troupe of two people, and considering the content of their material, I have a really hard time believing they're a corporate group. :p

Also: Thrash Unreal has surprisingly well-written lyrics.
    It does, but I still like Against Me!'s earlier stuff way better. Nothing can beat Baby, I'm an Anarchist or Pints of Guinness make you strong.
  • zeldazeppelinzeldazeppelin Rising Star
    edited March 2009
    The Lonely Island boys make me laugh a lot. That being said I think that they are a good "group"
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    Random Opinion:
    Marillion is my favorite Neo-Prog. band :)
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited March 2009
    Hmm, now I know what to choose to fail a quickplay band online:Holiday in Cambodia. :D
  • classicrockdudeclassicrockdude Headliner
    edited March 2009
    random opinion
    Led Zeppelin is the best band ever
  • franticfishfranticfish Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    random opinion
    Led Zeppelin isn't the best band ever.
  • timmay9timmay9 Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    Random opinion: Led Zeppelin is an amazing band but in no way are they the best band ever.
    edited March 2009
    JukeBoxHero;2121214 said:
    Hmm, now I know what to choose to fail a quickplay band online:Holiday in Cambodia. :D
    I agree the bass on that song is decades harder than the guitar I barely passed it on sight read
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited March 2009
    random opinion: i like Zeppelin but they are the most overrated band to ever exist
    edited March 2009
    Random Opinion:
    Epica >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cynic >>> Atheist >>> Opeth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Between The Buried And Me
  • classicrockdudeclassicrockdude Headliner
    edited March 2009
    Random Opinion: Led Zeppelin is not THE best band ever but i just felt like saying that. They are one of the best bands ever.
  • schmeankmanschmeankman Headliner
    edited March 2009
    instantdeath999;2117626 said:
    Seriously doubt it.
    I've never heard it!

Not popular at all with "the kids". (of 13 years of age)
  • franticfishfranticfish Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Fizzeler;2121340 said:
    Random Opinion:
    Epica >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cynic >>> Atheist >>> Opeth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Between The Buried And Me
    IMO Atheist>Opeth>>>Cynic>Epica>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Between the Buried and Me

Their all good bands but I hate BTBAM's growls.
    edited March 2009
    franticfish;2121382 said:
    Imo Atheist>Opeth>>>Cynic>Epica>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Between the Buried and Me

Their all good bands but I hate BTBAM's growls.
    Agreed BTBAM's growls is really bad while Atheist's growls are good and blend well with the music and Epica is number one because Simone has a beautiful voice and she is a great vocalist IMO
    edited March 2009
    Fizzeler;2121320 said:
    I agree the bass on that song is decades harder than the guitar I barely passed it on sight read
    Remember I play bass on Rock Band and real life. The guitarist and drummer I played with failed at the same time towards the beginning.
    edited March 2009
    JukeBoxHero;2121419 said:
    Remember I play bass on Rock Band and real life. The guitarist and drummer I played with failed at the same time towards the beginning.
    Comparing % on Guitar and Bass
    Guitar 98%
    Bass 89%
    edited March 2009
    Fizzeler;2121425 said:
    Comparing % on Guitar and Bass
    Guitar 98%
    Bass 89%
    Hmm I just took a look at the guitar chart, the only thing that's hard towards the beginning is the hammer ons, and not that hard to begin with. My bass percentage in the song is usually 95-99%
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited March 2009
    For the bad cover thing, here's a few:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONt47Z0KZg

www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-tVItruqqI

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrFwtlMd0H8

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfqg5v5rVQk

And finally, this.
    edited March 2009
    JukeBoxHero;2121449 said:
    Hmm I just took a look at the guitar chart, the only thing that's hard towards the beginning is the hammer ons, and not that hard to begin with. My bass percentage in the song is usually 95-99%
    Just played through and got 97% on bass :)
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited March 2009
    There's alot of songs about Andrew Wood. Mabye even too many.

The Entire Temple of The Dog album
    Sacred Life by The Cult
    All My Bridges Are Burning by Warrant
    Would? by Alice in Chaines
    Far Behind by Candelbox
    and Kids by MGMT.

It just so happens today is the anniversary of his death, too. RIP.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited March 2009
    I don't know about bass or guitar, but drums on Holiday in Cambodia aren't really too easy to fail on. I guess it's just because I'm good at fast successions of notes.
    edited March 2009
    Fizzeler;2121506 said:
    Just played through and got 97% on bass :)
    Yeah, really, it's a fun bass line, but the only hard part is insane fast part towards the second chorus? Otherwise the bass line is pretty easy.
  • MronoCMronoC Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Rockbandfan23467;2121491 said:
    For the bad cover thing, here's a few:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONt47Z0KZg

www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-tVItruqqI

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrFwtlMd0H8

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfqg5v5rVQk

And finally, this.
    The first one's alright, the third is more painfully uninspired than outright awful, the last one is neither bad, nor a cover. The other two are awful though, but neither are as bad as Hillary Duff's "My Generation" cover.
    edited March 2009
    Opinion: Der L:ex is awesome. This is what he posted in the RB forum thread where the guy whas complaining that there wasn't enough good music in RB.

"I'm not even moving this to Ultimate Setlist. It would bring down the level of discussion of even that forum section."

lol
  • onidragononidragon Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    opinion: Incesticide is the best Nirvana album next to In Utero, despite the fact it's a dump album.
    edited March 2009
    Opinion
    Triumvarat is underrated
  • Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
    edited March 2009
    supernova1324;2122858 said:
    Opinion: Der L:ex is awesome. This is what he posted in the RB forum thread where the guy whas complaining that there wasn't enough good music in RB.

"I'm not even moving this to Ultimate Setlist. It would bring down the level of discussion of even that forum section."

lol
    He really is.