Randomly Crap Out Your Opinions Thread

Comments

• a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited November 2008
    afterstasis;1609816 said:
    i tried to fix it with margaritas.

my opinion is that it was a clear success, though perhaps that ejaculation is premature?
    lol, i had to do that
  • SputnikDXSputnikDX Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    Opinion: Old bands that were heavily popular in their day need to become popular with the youths of my generation.

I'm tired of people not knowing who The Police are at my school. I can understand Jethro Tull, even Rush, but The Police?! Oh sure, they know Roxanne, but they'll have no idea who it's by.

A public service announcement is required! We must educate them!
  • Gatsby 42Gatsby 42 Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    Zeleii;1609729 said:
    So now I'm a pretentious douche bag?
    Possibly, but I'm one too, so no worries.
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    Gatsby 42;1609581 said:
    I think that if you like Radiohead, there is a near 100% chance that you're a pretentious douchebag.
    Thank you. I'm quite proud of being a pretentious douchebag, although I tend to call it "taste in music".

BTW, every minute you troll is a minute you're being a loser. At this rate, you're never gonna get laid.
    edited November 2008
    SputnikDX;1610214 said:
    Opinion: Old bands that were heavily popular in their day need to become popular with the youths of my generation.

I'm tired of people not knowing who The Police are at my school. I can understand Jethro Tull, even Rush, but The Police?! Oh sure, they know Roxanne, but they'll have no idea who it's by.

A public service announcement is required! We must educate them!
    My opinion is that the elders of my generation need to listen to more new music. We're like arch-enemies.
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited November 2008
    Gatsby 42;1609581 said:
    I think that if you like Radiohead, there is a near 100% chance that you're a pretentious douchebag. Never have I seen a band that entails such massive existentialism, Kid A has no kind of musical merit whatsoever, the bands existence enrages me. Karma Police and Paranoid Android are the same song. Ok Computer is an ok album.

Radiohead has one of the worst fanbases of all time and I spend at least 5 minutes a day trolling fans on Youtube.
    Well, thanks for calling me a douche bag. I'm not even much of a fan but I still thank thee for thy insult.
  • Gatsby 42Gatsby 42 Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    Soror_YZBL;1611344 said:
    Thank you. I'm quite proud of being a pretentious douchebag, although I tend to call it "taste in music".

BTW, every minute you troll is a minute you're being a loser. At this rate, you're never gonna get laid.

I lol'd. Hard.

Not really, but you get the idea.
  • DarkSide247DarkSide247 Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    Fecal Matter is awesome, especially Buffy's Pregnant.
  • SputnikDXSputnikDX Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    Soror_YZBL;1611355 said:
    My opinion is that the elders of my generation need to listen to more new music. We're like arch-enemies.
    Like what? So far the only new bands I really like are Wolfmother and Tally Hall :rolleyes:
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited November 2008
    Soror_YZBL;1611355 said:
    Or, there could be a compromise... older generation listen to newer music, newer generation listens to old music... think how we would get along.
    edited November 2008
    SputnikDX;1612365 said:
    Like what? So far the only new bands I really like are Wolfmother and Tally Hall :rolleyes:
    You just have to branch out a bit. Here's a sample of great bands that came out within the last 5 years:

Long Blondes
    In This Moment
    The 1900's
    Riverside
    Silversun Pickups
    Angtoria
    British Sea Power
    Fiery Furnaces

It leans a lot to indie pop and chick metal, but that's mostly what I listen to. Your search for new music will be just as fruitful. I recommend turning off the radio and visiting emusic.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited November 2008
    Gatsby 42;1609581 said:
    I think that if you like Radiohead, there is a near 100% chance that you're a pretentious douchebag. Never have I seen a band that entails such massive existentialism, Kid A has no kind of musical merit whatsoever, the bands existence enrages me. Karma Police and Paranoid Android are the same song. Ok Computer is an ok album.

Radiohead has one of the worst fanbases of all time and I spend at least 5 minutes a day trolling fans on Youtube.
    Sounds like you decided to take a break from trolling Youtube and decided to come over here to rockband.com.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited November 2008
    Soror_YZBL;1612675 said:
    You just have to branch out a bit. Here's a sample of great bands that came out within the last 5 years:

Long Blondes
    In This Moment
    The 1900's
    Riverside
    Silversun Pickups
    Angtoria
    British Sea Power
    Fiery Furnaces

It leans a lot to indie pop and chick metal, but that's mostly what I listen to. Your search for new music will be just as fruitful. I recommend turning off the radio and visiting emusic.
    I agree with SSPU

Angel and Airwaves isn't horrible

And random opinion!

Adam Willard > Travis Barker
  • FourstringOrionFourstringOrion Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    Chinese Democracy is my favorite album to have come out this year(More than Death Magnetic:eek:... But only by a little)
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited November 2008
    Van Hagar is underrated.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited November 2008
    Rockbandfan23467;1613805 said:
    Van Hagar is underrated.
    I can agree with this
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited November 2008
    SputnikDX;1612365 said:
    i think you might be impressed by retro-styled bands like dungen, witchcraft, comets on fire, ufomammut, etc.
  • Insane3Insane3 Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    Gatsby 42;1609581 said:

You need to learn a couple of things about being part of a society.
    edited November 2008
    But still, many, but not all, Radiohead fans are pretentious douchebags.
    edited November 2008
    Rockbandfan23467;1615481 said:
    Jealous because you're not pretentious?
    edited November 2008
    You can say that about almost every fanbase. Every band will have it's over defensive fans.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited November 2008
    Many *insert band here* fans are pretentious douchebags too. I try to identify with douchebags as little as possible.
    edited December 2008
    The Alan Parsons project are underrated.
  • back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    instantdeath999;1643589 said:
    The Alan Parsons project are underrated.
    Alot of Prog bands outside of Rush and Pink Floyd are underrated.
    edited December 2008
    I just felt like sharing that today as it dawned on me that they are only known for an Austin Powers joke :rolleyes:

I guess Eye in the Sky was a bit popular for awhile, though.
    edited December 2008
    I once heared that the Clash were disco. He knows nothing.
    edited December 2008
    Rockbandfan23467;1643645 said:
    I once heared that the Clash were disco. He knows nothing.
    I think you're in the wrong thread.
    edited December 2008
    Ok then:

A band can be simultainiously overrated and underrated. Velvet Undergound and Nickelback, for example.
    edited December 2008
    Velvet Underground is overrated?

I can see Nickelback being underrated. Many bands are just as generic as them, but Nickelback gets it the worst. Personally, I think it's because the frontman can be a dick.
    edited December 2008
    A lot of Rockstars are dicks, especailly Page, Plant, Bono, Oasis, Metallica, and my money Thom Yorke is a dick.