Randomly Crap Out Your Opinions Thread

Comments

• instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    Watching the video for Toby Keith's "How do you like Me Now?", I just can't shake the urge to want to stab him in the eye.

I haven't even heard Courtesy of the Red White and Blue. Maybe it should stay that way.
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    Out of curiosity how many people on this forum have heard of Tom Waits?
  • My name is FezMy name is Fez Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    instantdeath999;2188489 said:
    Watching the video for Toby Keith's "How do you like Me Now?", I just can't shake the urge to want to stab him in the eye.

I haven't even heard Courtesy of the Red White and Blue. Maybe it should stay that way.
    Being from Oklahoma, Toby Keith pretty much summarizes everything I hate about the state.

I'm not a memeber of the "MOAR COUNTRY? LOL IT'S ROCK BAND, NOT COUNTRY BAND" group.

I'm part of the "Toby Keith? Aw ****." camp.
    edited March 2009
    Fizzeler;2188519 said:
    I have.
    edited March 2009
    instantdeath999;2188527 said:
    I have.
    I have as well. Haven't gotten around to listening to any ofh is actual music, but I know OF him.

*Lazy*
    edited March 2009
    instantdeath999;2188527 said:
    I have.
    :)

Usually when I say his name (except around my parents) I get blank stares by people :(

It saddens me on how I can mention any blues artist and all I will get is blank stares :(
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited March 2009
    My name is Fez;2188349 said:
    Random opinion that I'm sure will give me a lot of flak: I listened to Loveless finally and didn't really care for it. Not a bad record, just, nothing about it really captured my interest and it seems like it went over my head.

Of course, I've only listened to it once, I'm definitely going to give it another listen before I pass a full judgement on it.
    Loveless isn't something that grabs you on the first listen or anything, it grows on you. It's more of an atmospheric record than anything, not necessarily meant to be background music but definitely atmospheric.
    instantdeath999;2188489 said:

God. Toby Keith is one of my LEAST FAVORITE PEOPLE EVER. If I hear that damn song "Courtesy of the Red White And Blue" song one more time I think I'm going to put a boot up his ass for offering such a shortsighted and bigoted view on America.

I'd go more in-depth, but this isn't really the place. :)
    edited March 2009
    Alright_Computer;2188553 said:
    Loveless isn't something that grabs you on the first listen or anything, it grows on you. It's more of an atmospheric record than anything, not necessarily meant to be background music but definitely atmospheric.

God. Toby Keith is one of my LEAST FAVORITE PEOPLE EVER. If I hear that damn song "Courtesy of the Red White And Blue" song one more time I think I'm going to put a boot up his ass for offering such a shortsighted and bigoted view on America.

I'd go more in-depth, but this isn't really the place. :)
    The video I was watching was pretty bad too. It's about a girl he liked in high school, and now that he is famous, he gloats like a jackass, saying that she could have been rich, and if she still remembers him now that he if famous. The video ends with him driving off in his limo.

What a douche.
    edited March 2009
    instantdeath999;2188581 said:
    The video I was watching was pretty bad too. It's about a girl he liked in high school, and now that he is famous, he gloats like a jackass, saying that she could have been rich, and if she still remembers him now that he if famous. The video ends with him driving off in his limo.

What a douche.
    Pretty much. Where I'm from people idolize the man. Mostly because like a Ford truck and Oklahoma, he's built tough :rolleyes:
    edited March 2009
    instantdeath999;2188581 said:

What a douche.
    Yeah, he's an all-around douchebag. I guess I don't have to buy it, but if someone online says "OMG NO TOBY KEITH" then I'm quitting right then. Well, unless they have Doolittle. And even then I'll ditch them after a quick playthrough of Debaser or Monkey Gone to Heaven.
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Fizzeler;2188519 said:
    tom waits is love. second best songwriter ever.
    edited March 2009
    My name is Fez;2188611 said:
    Pretty much. Where I'm from people idolize the man. Mostly because like a Ford truck and Oklahoma, he's built tough :rolleyes:
    I personally plan on buying the Country Track Pack when it is released so I will probably not be buying his 6-Pack unless it is not on the country track pack
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited March 2009
    Soror, is that you in your avatar?
    edited March 2009
    Soror_YZBL;2188622 said:
    :)

This makes up for several of the blank stares
    edited March 2009
    Fizzeler;2188629 said:
    I personally plan on buying the Country Track Pack when it is released so I will probably not be buying his 6-Pack unless it is not on the country track pack
    Well, there's Country Pack 01, and Toby Keith Pack 01

Country Pack 01 = Respectable. None of it is my cup of tea, but I have no beef with it.
    Toby Keith Pack 01 = RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.
    edited March 2009
    My name is Fez;2188657 said:

Country = Respectable. None of it is my cup of tea, but I have no beef with it.
    Toby Keith = RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.
    No I mean the separate track pack like the classic rock one coming in June
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited March 2009
    Fizzeler;2188519 said:
    he's one of my favs. in fact, i've been on a Tom Waits binge over the last few days :D ask Gowie, he heard me listening to him last night

i've also mentioned his name quite a few times over the last few weeks
    Soror_YZBL;2188622 said:
    second to Paul Simon :p

you're love of Tom Waits has finally made you more attractive :p
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited March 2009
    I used to like country (ie: the bad kind ie: Toby) but I won't pick up Toby.

It'd be funny if he were on the same setlist as the Dixie Chicks. :)

I'm not the only one who gets that...right?
    edited March 2009
    a21schizoidman;2188673 said:
    he's one of my favs. in fact, i've been on a Tom Waits binge over the last few days :D ask Gowie, he heard me listening to him last night
    Good so I know I am not alone in liking his music and actually knowing who he is :D
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited March 2009
    I've known about Waits for years.
    edited March 2009
    The Toby tracks might be decent on guitar, and Beer for my Horses as Willie Nelson.
    edited March 2009
    Gowienczyk;2188700 said:
    Try telling a group of 16 year olds who he is it does not exactly boost my confidence
    edited March 2009
    Gowienczyk;2188700 said:
    i should have said this, when my dad introduced me to Small Change when i was 12
    edited March 2009
    a21schizoidman;2188726 said:
    i should have said this, when my dad introduced me to Small Change when i was 12
    Well, hell, while we're on the subject, what kind of music is Waits? And no videos plz. I'm at work with no sound. Just, kind of a general idea of the style, and maybe some similar artists or something to give me an idea.
    edited March 2009
    My name is Fez;2188657 said:

Country Pack 01 = Respectable. None of it is my cup of tea, but I have no beef with it.
    Toby Keith Pack 01 = RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.
    And don't forget Alt-Country Pack 01 = BEST PACK EVAR.
    Rockbandfan23467;2188682 said:

No, I get it too, I can't say it's too funny though. (especially since I haven't bought either)
    edited March 2009
    My name is Fez;2188741 said:
    Well, hell, while we're on the subject, what kind of music is Waits? And no videos plz. I'm at work with no sound. Just, kind of a general idea of the style, and maybe some similar artists or something to give me an idea.
    Blues and Jazz
    edited March 2009
    My name is Fez;2188741 said:
    depends on what point in his career, he's done everything from blues to soft rock to experimental rock
    edited March 2009
    a21schizoidman;2188771 said:
    depends on what point in his career, he's done everything from blues to soft rock to experimental rock
    I mostly listen to his blues and jazz stuff will listen to his experimental stuff later
    edited March 2009
    Fizzeler;2188777 said:
    I mostly listen to his blues and jazz stuff will listen to his experimental stuff later
    Frank's Wild Years, and Swordfishtrombones are good experimental stuff and Rain Dogs goes through a lot
    edited March 2009
    Rockbandfan23467;2188682 said:
    I used to like country (ie: the bad kind ie: Toby) but I won't pick up Toby.

Don't the latter hate the former?