Randomly Crap Out Your Opinions Thread

Comments

• JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited April 2009
    instantdeath999;2197284 said:
    I thought the April Fools joke was funny, and much more clever than most. Don't know why anyone would be mad about it...

... But I guess the internet is serious business.
    Agreed here
  • timmay9timmay9 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Soror_YZBL;2196056 said:
    they have maybe one or two more in my mind, but the hair is definitely #1. Mars volta too. gotta love a man who can rock an afro.
    Hair is important in the world of rock and roll. (ex. Phil Lynott, that guy from A Flock of Seagulls, Brian Setzer, Elvis, Omar Rodriquez-Lopez, Andrew Stockdale, etc.)
    afterstasis;2197137 said:
    i don't think wolfmother are that bad (a few songs are even pretty decent), but they're nothing special at all to me.
    I think that's the impression on a lot of people, so I can see that.
  • MronoCMronoC Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    instantdeath999;2197284 said:
    I thought the April Fools joke was funny, and much more clever than most. Don't know why anyone would be mad about it...

... But I guess the internet is serious business.
    I think the fact that it annoyed people so much made it even funnier.
  • My name is FezMy name is Fez Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    a21schizoidman;2197288 said:
    i never got mad about the joke, i just thought it was annoying
    QFT.

Also, waking up at 9 AM when you worked until 10 the night before sucks.
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited April 2009
    My name is Fez;2199125 said:
    QFT.

Also, waking up at 9 AM when you worked until 10 the night before sucks.
    damn, i woke up at 9 am and worked til 7:30 and thought it was rough, but we have different strains at work, you get the psychological stress, and i've gotta move 2,000 lbs of meat with only physical strength....
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    timmay9;2198310 said:
    Hair is important in the world of rock and roll. (ex. Phil Lynott, that guy from A Flock of Seagulls, Brian Setzer, Elvis, Omar Rodriquez-Lopez, Andrew Stockdale, etc.)
    Don't forget - the 80's music scene was dominated by hair! moar hair!
  • back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Soror_YZBL;2199792 said:
    Don't forget - the 80's music scene was dominated by hair! moar hair!
    I'm sure master2uall and Drama313 would agree.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2009
    I didn't mind the censors, but I could see why someone would be annoyed by them.
    edited April 2009
    Having just watched The Happiness of the Katakuris, I can safely say this is the worst Takashi Miike film I've seen.
    edited April 2009
    OT:I find it funny after all this time, I've never got into trouble at school, and the first punishment I get is Saturday school. I find it quite funny, because now on my record is the following...

"Horseplay, dragging another student up the hall by his legs." :D
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2009
    JukeBoxHero;2200368 said:
    OT:I find it funny after all this time, I've never got into trouble at school, and the first punishment I get is Saturday school. I find it quite funny, because now on my record is the following...

"Horseplay, dragging another student up the hall by his legs." :D
    I won't ask about the story behind that.
    edited April 2009
    Alright_Computer;2200433 said:
    I won't ask about the story behind that.
    It wasn't actually as bad as you think.

My friends was talking about chloroform jokingly, so one of them pretend that he sniff some and got unconscious. Then two other friends of mine pulled him away to "do stuff" with him and they're dragging down the hall. I, joking around as well, rush to grab my friend's legs to prevent him from getting stuff done to, and manage to pull him away the other two people pulling him. I start half way, laughing, and then one of the teachers told me and the friend I was pretendly dragging to the office.

Needless to say, we got in trouble over a joke. :)
  • My name is FezMy name is Fez Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    JukeBoxHero;2200490 said:
    Needless to say, we got in trouble over a joke. :)
    Quite lame, I must say. Schools need to lighten the **** up already.
    edited April 2009
    My name is Fez;2200975 said:
    Quite lame, I must say. Schools need to lighten the **** up already.
    I agree, especially the way with we were doing it, we were at no point hurting anyone during the joke. I just joke about it though, because it's ironically funny for me, and because I don't think it's worth too much to whine about.

Edit:Also lucky for the two friends who were dragging him originally didn't get in trouble, rather only two of us than all four.
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    JukeBoxHero;2200997 said:
    I agree, especially the way with we were doing it, we were at no point hurting anyone during the joke. I just joke about it though, because it's ironically funny for me, and because I don't think it's worth too much to whine about.
    Just wait for the next generation of teachers or college when the professors stop caring
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    Versailles is a pretty decent band, they can play and the music just fits in with the talent... go go gadget non wank fest
    edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2201031 said:
    Versailles is a pretty decent band, they can play and the music just fits in with the talent... go go gadget non wank fest
    Link please have yet to hear them
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2201049 said:
    Link please have yet to hear them
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Uqml8STpU&feature=related

Another Japanese Visual-kei band xD

They have a couple technical songs on the album, but most are pretty basic Power Metal
    edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2201053 said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Uqml8STpU&feature=related

Another Japanese Visual-kei band xD

They have a couple technical songs on the album, but most are pretty basic Power Metal
    I like the occasional Power Metal band while I do prefer Prog.

EDIT: not bad wish I knew what the lyrics meant though :D
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2201066 said:
    I like the occasional Power Metal band while I do prefer Prog.

EDIT: not bad wish I knew what the lyrics meant though :D
    It's not bad at all though... despite all the guys in the band looking feminine.

Edit : Soon I'm actually gonna pay for a Japanese tutor or make a huge jump and try to go to a Language School in Japan 0_o
  • zeldazeppelinzeldazeppelin Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2201077 said:
    It's not bad at all though... despite all the guys in the band looking feminine.

Edit : Soon I'm actually gonna pay for a Japanese tutor or make a huge jump and try to go to a Language School in Japan 0_o
    Whoa i was going to Japan for Language school, Idea thief
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    zeldazeppelin;2201094 said:
    Whoa i was going to Japan for Language school, Idea thief
    No, I'm actually looking to living there after college and I obtain a degree in (Possibly Engineering) or more likely Graphic Design.

So I figured I'd at least try a language school to see if it is something I truly want to follow through with.
    edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2201077 said:

Still this remains as one of my favorite metal songs:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgol_MUEvY8

I chose the AMV version :D
    edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2201101 said:
    No, I'm actually looking to living there after college and I obtain a degree in (Possibly Engineering) or more likely Graphic Design.

So I figured I'd at least try a language school to see if it is something I truly want to follow through with.
    Well I take that back. I am still going there after high school.
    I hope things work out.
    edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2201101 said:

Have you watched any Japanese films?
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    ^ A couple yes... but haven't delved too far into that type of stuff considering I have no store around here that sells imported stuff. So I have to scavenge the internet for my stuff... it's not pretty
    Fizzeler;2201105 said:
    Still this remains as one of my favorite metal songs:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgol_MUEvY8

I chose the AMV version :D
    I'm liking the song... nice theme to the music. It reminds me if Dream Theater wrote songs still and had a new vocalist.

Although I'm not too keen on the AMV I don't care for Naruto too much... but I've only seen the (probably) dumbed down English version

Edit : Zelda only in Highschool? granted I'm only 17 but I've been out of school for almost a year now... I've been working part time up until recently
    edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2201139 said:

I'm liking the song... nice theme to the music. It reminds me if Dream Theater wrote songs still and had a new vocalist.

Although I'm not too keen on the AMV I don't care for Naruto too much... but I've only seen the (probably) dumbed down English version
    Japanese Version >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AMerican Version

The band is one of Arjen Anthony Lucassen projects called Star One they only released one album, but it is a great album
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2201161 said:
    Japanese Version >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AMerican Version

The band is one of Arjen Anthony Lucassen projects called Star One they only released one album, but it is a great album
    I'll definitely look into it, I liked that song

Fizz, heh what's new something that's in Japan and America and the Japanese version is better :rolleyes:
    edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2201174 said:
    I'll definitely look into it, I liked that song

Fizz, heh what's new something that's in Japan and America and the Japanese version is better :rolleyes:
    this
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    zeldazeppelin;2201197 said:
    this
    I got it... I know one thing Americans do better.

Folk Rock