Randomly Crap Out Your Opinions Thread

Comments

  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2212508 said:
    Jeff Beck is one of the greatest guitarists ever. You need to hear more from him. He's kinda like Zappa and Waits, always switching genres on the fly. Check out Truth by The Jeff Beck Group and Blow by Blow, his first solo album.
    I could say the same thing about Beck, except switching out the "guitarists" for "songwriters" and the Jeff Beck albums for Beck albums :p

    Still, I like Jeff Beck a lot, he's a really good guitarist and I love his solo career. Can't say I'm so hot on his work with the Yardbirds though.
  • zeldazeppelinzeldazeppelin Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Julio_Strikes_Back;2212509 said:
    And here is a prime example of someone stating their opinion as a fact, kids.
    no your a prime example of non post reading fanboy, in my first post about the beatles I said "IMO." Now please stop trying insult my intelligence
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    JukeBoxHero;2212483 said:
    I can say yes also, that is and Death does sound good :)
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited April 2009
    ^^That post is so much fail it's almost a win.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2009
    Julio_Strikes_Back;2212509 said:
    And here is a prime example of someone stating their opinion as a fact, kids.
    I think Led Zeppelin is a bad band. Does that mean that it's fact? No.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Alright_Computer;2212551 said:
    I think Led Zeppelin is a bad band. Does that mean that it's fact? No.
    Duh.
  • zeldazeppelinzeldazeppelin Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Alright_Computer;2212551 said:
    I think Led Zeppelin is a bad band. Does that mean that it's fact? No.
    The are better then the beatles that for sure
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    zeldazeppelin;2212494 said:
    this is a good way to say what I want with out a flame war
    Why? Cos he agrees with you?
    Julio_Strikes_Back;2212495 said:
    Agreed and not liking them is cool and all, but to call them a flat-out bad band is stupid.
    This...especially when it's the Beatles. I guarantee you there is at least one song by them that you'd like
    zeldazeppelin;2212504 said:
    No its not. They are a bad band and so is Dream Theater
    You can't say Dream Theater is bad because all of the musicians are amazing at what they do. I'm fine with you not liking them, but it's totally wrong to say they are bad

    And I don't know about that band you listed, but I'm not going to say they suck because I have never heard anything from them
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2009
    zeldazeppelin;2212562 said:
    The are better then the beatles that for sure
    Ah, something we agree on.I find most of Zeppelin's work more entertaining than The Beatles.
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2212567 said:

    You can't say Dream Theater is bad because all of the musicians are amazing at what they do. I'm fine with you not liking them, but it's totally wrong to say they are bad
    Not exactly I would call Dream Theater okay, but definitely not as good as many fans make them to be (and this comes from a fan) Transatlantic is better same for Spock's Beard
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2212567 said:
    You can't say Dream Theater is bad because all of the musicians are amazing at what they do. I'm fine with you not liking them, but it's totally wrong to say they are bad
    Well, saying that they make bad music is one thing, saying they're not talented is another.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2009
    I am falling for The Black Album. I used to think it was obnoxious, but now imo that applies more to AJFA.
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Alright_Computer;2212538 said:
    I could say the same thing about Beck, except switching out the "guitarists" for "songwriters" and the Jeff Beck albums for Beck albums :p

    Still, I like Jeff Beck a lot, he's a really good guitarist and I love his solo career. Can't say I'm so hot on his work with the Yardbirds though.
    Lol yeah, I must admit, he's a good, though crazy at times (just like Jeff Beck I guess), songwriter. I just don't really like his actual music. And I haven't heard much of his Yardbirds work. I like Page's work with them the most from what I've heard.
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Julio_Strikes_Back;2212603 said:
    I am falling for The Black Album. I used to think it was obnoxious, but now imo that applies more to AJFA.
    I like The Black Album good album, but highly overrated ;)
  • zeldazeppelinzeldazeppelin Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2212567 said:



    You can't say Dream Theater is bad because all of the musicians are amazing at what they do. I'm fine with you not liking them, but it's totally wrong to say they are bad

    And I don't know about that band you listed, but I'm not going to say they suck because I have never heard anything from them
    yes I can because IMO they are a terrible band and talent means very little. Modest mouse are not as talented as lets say X-Japan but they still are a great group.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2212611 said:
    Lol yeah, I must admit, he's a good, though crazy at times (just like Jeff Beck I guess), songwriter. I just don't really like his actual music. And I haven't heard much of his Yardbirds work. I like Page's work with them the most from what I've heard.
    Yeah, Beck can make some pretty great songs, especially on Sea Change. As for Jeff Beck, he's my favorite of the 3 main guitarists in the Yardbirds, but I never really liked the Yardbirds in the first place, so that's not saying too much.

    Also, musical talent doesn't mean you can make good songs. Just look at Yngwie Malmsteen, Joe Satriani, or any other shredder. They're talented, but I'd much rather listen to, say, Pavement, who are relatively untalented at their instruments.
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Alright_Computer;2212587 said:
    Well, saying that they make bad music is one thing, saying they're not talented is another.
    And saying that they make bad music is an opinion and personal issue.
  • zeldazeppelinzeldazeppelin Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2212642 said:
    And saying that they make bad music is an opinion and personal issue.
    exactly now stop jumping on me like a fanboy
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2212642 said:
    And saying that they make bad music is an opinion and personal issue.
    Calling them one of the best Modern Prog. bands shows you know less than I do about Modern Prog. (especially according to KingProgdor and Gowie)
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited April 2009
    Bearforce 1 is amazing.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, and Flea are supposed to perform "Train Kept a Rollin' at the induction tonight from what I've read.

    And lol @ me hitting f instead of d constantly. Damn this burnt-out light.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2009
    Julio_Strikes_Back;2212660 said:
    Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, and Flea are supposed to perform "Train Kept a Rollin' at the induction tonight from what I've read.
    Flea is sure the odd one out there, lol.
  • Grimman_DarkGrimman_Dark Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    I personally love Dream Theater, but I can understand someone not liking them.
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Julio_Strikes_Back;2212660 said:
    Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, and Flea are supposed to perform "Train Kept a Rollin' at the induction tonight from what I've read.
    What is the supposed track listing?

    Would like to know if Metallica is playing stuff from Death Magnetic and what Jeff Beck is playing
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Julio_Strikes_Back;2212660 said:
    Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, and Flea are supposed to perform "Train Kept a Rollin' at the induction tonight from what I've read.

    And lol @ me hitting f instead of d constantly. Damn this burnt-out light.
    Holy crap what channel?
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2212652 said:
    Calling them one of the best Modern Prog. bands shows you know less than I do about Modern Prog. (especially according to KingProgdor and Gowie)
    Though I do know little about modern prog (I know way more classic), I never said that Dream Theater is one of the best modern prog bands. I said Spock's Beard was
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2212673 said:
    Holy crap what channel?
    Fuse. It comes on at 9pm eastern.


    Dogs is a hypnotizing Pink Floyd song.
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    zeldazeppelin;2212650 said:
    exactly now stop jumping on me like a fanboy
    Now stop saying the Beatles suck when you haven't heard enough by them to clarify that
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Julio_Strikes_Back;2212704 said:
    Fuse. It comes on at 9pm eastern.


    Dogs is a hypnotizing Pink Floyd song.
    Alright awesome thanks.

    And yeah, Dogs is one of Pink Floyd's longest and best songs
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2212696 said:
    Though I do know little about modern prog (I know way more classic), I never said that Dream Theater is one of the best modern prog bands. I said Spock's Beard was
    I would call Star One great for a one album side project and Ayreon great if you listen to the album and actually understand the concept to it favorite still remains The Flower Kings
    Julio_Strikes_Back;2212704 said:

    Dogs is a hypnotizing Pink Floyd song.
    This is very true :D
Sign In or Register to comment.