Randomly Crap Out Your Opinions Thread

Comments

  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2212652 said:
    Calling them one of the best Modern Prog. bands shows you know less than I do about Modern Prog. (especially according to KingProgdor and Gowie)
    Though I do know little about modern prog (I know way more classic), I never said that Dream Theater is one of the best modern prog bands. I said Spock's Beard was
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2212673 said:
    Holy crap what channel?
    Fuse. It comes on at 9pm eastern.


    Dogs is a hypnotizing Pink Floyd song.
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    zeldazeppelin;2212650 said:
    exactly now stop jumping on me like a fanboy
    Now stop saying the Beatles suck when you haven't heard enough by them to clarify that
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Julio_Strikes_Back;2212704 said:
    Fuse. It comes on at 9pm eastern.


    Dogs is a hypnotizing Pink Floyd song.
    Alright awesome thanks.

    And yeah, Dogs is one of Pink Floyd's longest and best songs
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2212696 said:
    Though I do know little about modern prog (I know way more classic), I never said that Dream Theater is one of the best modern prog bands. I said Spock's Beard was
    I would call Star One great for a one album side project and Ayreon great if you listen to the album and actually understand the concept to it favorite still remains The Flower Kings
    Julio_Strikes_Back;2212704 said:

    Dogs is a hypnotizing Pink Floyd song.
    This is very true :D
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Between the Four Pink Floyd Eras, Waters is the "classic" era. This is my opinion, as this is the RCOYOT.
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited April 2009
    ya know even just the slightest mention of Pink Floyd, mainly Animals, just sets my mind off down a wonderful trip of memories.
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Alright_Computer;2212639 said:
    Also, musical talent doesn't mean you can make good songs. Just look at Yngwie Malmsteen, Joe Satriani, or any other shredder. They're talented, but I'd much rather listen to, say, Pavement, who are relatively untalented at their instruments.
    Joe Satriani > Yngwie Malmsteen > Buckethead > greasy KFC fried chicken
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Oscar-Rio;2212737 said:
    ya know even just the slightest mention of Pink Floyd, mainly Animals, just sets my mind off down a wonderful trip of memories.
    I bought the full album and love it to death.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2212743 said:
    Joe Satriani > Yngwie Malmsteen > Buckethead > greasy KFC fried chicken
    Speaking of, is Satriani's new supergroup really called Chickenfoot? I thought that was just a placeholder
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Oscar-Rio;2212737 said:
    ya know even just the slightest mention of Pink Floyd, mainly Animals, just sets my mind off down a wonderful trip of memories.
    :)

    I prefer to listen to Transatlantic to trigger the trippiness after all a song that is 30+ minutes long is awesome
  • back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2212758 said:
    :)

    I prefer to listen to Transatlantic to trigger the trippiness after all a song that is 30+ minutes long is awesome
    Ummagumma sends me into a euphoria.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    zeldazeppelin;2212387 said:
    the beatles are Imo are a very terrible band
    I'm not crazy about The Beatles, I like them... but to say that. Not cool man.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2212743 said:
    Joe Satriani > Yngwie Malmsteen > Buckethead > greasy KFC fried chicken
    Paul Gilbert > All of them
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Julio_Strikes_Back;2212756 said:
    Speaking of, is Satriani's new supergroup really called Chickenfoot? I thought that was just a placeholder
    Yep. Statch, Chad Smith, and half of Van Hagar's new band goes under that name.
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2212781 said:
    Paul Gilbert > All of them
    Les Paul > Any other guitarist
    :D
  • franticfishfranticfish Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Django Reinhardt>>Les Paul > Any other guitarist
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Me > any other guitarist
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    Julio_Strikes_Back;2212807 said:
    Me > any other guitarist
    Lies
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    franticfish;2212801 said:
    Django Reinhardt>>Les Paul > Any other guitarist
    curses I forgot Django :(
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Andres Segovia > Django Reinhardt > Jimi Hendrix > every other guitarist that ever lived

    Jimi Hendrix > any other ROCK guitarist that ever lived
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2212781 said:
    Paul Gilbert > All of them
    Steve Vai > Paul Gilbert
  • MronoCMronoC Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2212743 said:
    Joe Satriani > Yngwie Malmsteen > Buckethead > greasy KFC fried chicken
    Popeye's Chicken >>>>>>>>> all of those
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Opinion: Run DMC is NOT Rock. They should be not inducted before Yes, Genesis, Deep Purple, Boston, etc. Also, Metallica is good, but they should DEFINITELY NOT being inducted before BLACK EFFING SABBATH, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has been so stupid for a while now!
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    MronoC;2213188 said:
    Popeye's Chicken >>>>>>>>> all of those
    Lol yes! Popeye's Chicken = best fried chicken (especially when you get it spicy)
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2213209 said:
    Opinion: Run DMC is NOT Rock. They should be not inducted before Yes, Genesis, Deep Purple, Boston, etc. Also, Metallica is good, but they should DEFINITELY NOT being inducted before BLACK EFFING SABBATH, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has been so stupid for a while now!
    Black Sabbath has been inducted and HOF is a joke

    also, Les Paul is one of the greatest guitarists to ever live
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2213209 said:
    Opinion: Run DMC is NOT Rock.
    Ever see this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fumgOJLFSHw
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Oh whoops forgot about Sabbath. I thought they weren't yet. Yeah it is a joke. And yeah Les Paul had amazing influence among others, but there are others that are better. He is the best JAZZ guitarist other than Django, tho
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    jayou521;2213273 said:
    Yes I have. That is not rock to me. Even if it is to others, that's ONE song. They may have TWO if you count Walk This Way with Aerosmith. RnRHOF branches out to too many genres other than rock. Grand Master Flash should not be there either...
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2213294 said:
    Yes I have. That is not rock to me. Even if it is to others, that's ONE song. They may have TWO if you count Walk This Way with Aerosmith. RnRHOF branches out to too many genres other than rock. Grand Master Flash should not be there either...
    Despite its name, I think that limiting the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame to just rock is stupid. It's almost as tired, if not more tired, as the "IT'S ROCK BAND NOT COUNTRY/RAP/FUNK BAND" argument.
Sign In or Register to comment.