Randomly Crap Out Your Opinions Thread

Comments

• back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Oscar-Rio;2214179 said:
    i think that more than 75% of this message board sucks at posting on message boards.

proof

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132871
    Yep. General forums have gone down the tubes.
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited April 2009
    back_blows;2214186 said:
    I partially blame meleeman

>_>
    <_<
  • supernova1324supernova1324 Headliner
    edited April 2009
    back_blows;2214186 said:
    Your post in that thread summed it up for me.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2009
    Spam FTL

OR

That's why I don't like the General forums anymore.
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited April 2009
    supernova1324;2208691 said:
    Banned for leaking fake spoilers of some Terminator show when Daesania told him not to. Silly if you ask me.
    she doesn't like jokes, but got pissed when i didn't care for their April Fool's Jokes
    Rockbandfan23467;2208877 said:
    Daesania is a five letter word for female dog who never should have been a mod.
    wow, we, actually....agree on something
    Julio_Strikes_Back;2209416 said:
    lol @ a21's ban. What did he do now?

also, lol @ pg 666.

Daesania is the female Gowie but more annoying.
    Gowie really isn't that annoying after you talk to him off the forums
    Rockbandfan23467;2209424 said:
    If they (Gowie and Daesania) ever had a kid, said kid would be the Anti-Chirst.
    Gowie would eat Daes for breakfast
    Hungryfreak;2209436 said:
    Pfft... Lame ban...

Also, page 666, the opinions of the beast.
    thanks, i call it, banning people just cause they piss you off
    instantdeath999;2209935 said:
    Anyone here a fan of Captain Beefheart?
    ME DAMMIT!
    Zeleii;2210106 said:
    Opinion : This is the most obnoxious and pretentious PoS place in the world...
    no, the General Forums are :rolleyes:
    UneasyMonkey;2210941 said:
    :confused: Radiohead is one of the greatest and most influential modern artists, man. OK Computer is one of the best albums to come out in the past 15 years. Did you at least like Paranoid Android?
    lol, opinions as fact
    back_blows;2211004 said:
    The banning of a21 was very petty of her.
    she thinks that because she's a mod, she's like a politician, but, she's just a policeman, and policemen like to be corrupt
    timmay9;2211015 said:
    She told him not to do something, and he did it anyways. If she didn't ban him it would have been odd.
    pissing people off by joking isn't in the rules
    UneasyMonkey;2211128 said:
    a21 didn't exactly give out spoilers tho. The things he was saying were just lies. He was joking/kidding around, but Daes can't take a joke
    Daes is srs bsns (god i hate that joke)
    Alright_Computer;2211295 said:
    U2 = teh failz. Don't let Lolicat tell you otherwise, but he gets a boner when he hears a U2 song. Because he's Bono.
    pfft, Schiz jokes are lame :p
    back_blows;2211352 said:
    Radiohead never really wowed me.
    "I want you to wow me"
    "Isn't that illegal on school property?"
    UneasyMonkey;2211841 said:

If you put it that way, then the Beatles--along with Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd--got really, really close...
    lol no
    UneasyMonkey;2211879 said:
    Zappa = overrated on the forums
    6 people liking something doesn't make someone overrated
    UneasyMonkey;2212050 said:
    You got everything right except for the guitars and drums. Lake is a better bassist than guitarist, but Lee and Lifeson are still better at their respective instruments. And you shouldn't have that many symbols for drums (that amount would go well with the voices). They're both excellent drummers, but Peart is technically better and has influenced more drummers
    Lake doesn't place guitar all the time though :p

and yeah, Carl loves his snare, not his cymbals, and he can play on a normal-ish drum kit, he doesn't need every single drum in existance to try to pull off something
    UneasyMonkey;2212098 said:
    Oh yeah, I've heard a few songs from the Rooster. Awesome stuff. Even with Arthur Brown he was good. I just think Peart is better. Anyways, I've seen Lake play bass live in the videos for Pictures at an Exhibition. He switches to acoustic guitar for some songs. It's more logical to play bass instead of guitar when there are keyboards because the keyboards provide the melody like a guitar does. And Emerson is ALWAYS on keyboards...or pipe organ for the beginning of Pictures at an Exhibition.
    Palmer never played on an album with CWoAB, he was their touring drummer, and he was only on Atomic Rooster's Atomic Roooster album
    FYI
    zeldazeppelin;2212504 said:
    No its not. They are a bad band and so is Dream Theater
    Beatles aren't bad, neither is DT, you just don't like them, there is a difference
    Julio_Strikes_Back;2212509 said:
    And here is a prime example of someone stating their opinion as a fact, kids.
    lol
    Rockbandfan23467;2212536 said:
    See Goweinczyk for more examples.
    no, in fact, you violate this more than most here
    zeldazeppelin;2212543 said:
    no your a prime example of non post reading fanboy, in my first post about the beatles I said "IMO." Now please stop trying insult my intelligence
    you can't insult something that is non-existant
    UneasyMonkey;2212696 said:
    Though I do know little about modern prog (I know way more classic), I never said that Dream Theater is one of the best modern prog bands. I said Spock's Beard was
    from your posts in the Prog thread, i'd say you don't know much about any prog
    Oscar-Rio;2212737 said:
    ya know even just the slightest mention of Pink Floyd, mainly Animals, just sets my mind off down a wonderful trip of memories.
    Pink Floyd does amazing things like that
    back_blows;2212766 said:
    Ummagumma sends me into a euphoria.
    i think that Euphoria was the actual name they wanted, but when they were trippin while recording they just slandered out "Ummagumma"
    Julio_Strikes_Back;2212807 said:
    Me < any other guitarist
    fixed, unless maybe the Fake Plastic Guitar
    Ultimatum;2213355 said:
    lolwut

Palmer is definitely far more adept at odd-time signatures than Peart. And don't bring up the ostinatto, that's pretty much the only feat of 4-way independence I've seen Peart pull off.
    thank you for saying what i couldn't say due to lame bans
    Oscar-Rio;2214179 said:
    i think that more than 75% of this message board sucks at posting on message boards.

proof

the 25% that doesn't is in here
  • exittoanywhereexittoanywhere Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    shin chan is the funniest show ever.
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2214199 said:
    I partially blame meleeman

>_>
    <_<</div>
    i blame Mex, Bood-boy, Brobot, and their fellow idiots
    edited April 2009
    a21schizoidman;2214259 said:
    lots of multi-quoting
    You truly are the multi-quote master.
    edited April 2009
    Alright_Computer;2214280 said:
    You truly are the multi-quote master.
    i saw someone attempted to impersonator me :p
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    a21schizoidman;2214307 said:
    Would that be yourself?
    edited April 2009
    a21schizoidman;2214266 said:
    i blame Mex, Bood-boy, Brobot, and their fellow idiots
    Them, too, but Meleeman helped start the trend of having such followers and posting such pointless, nonsensical threads.

Oh well, no use sounding like the elitist doches we are for being the HOR forum guys, haha.
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2214322 said:
    Them, too, but Meleeman helped start the trend of having such followers and posting such pointless, nonsensical threads.

Oh well, no use sounding like the elitist doches we are for being the HOR forum guys, haha.
    Weezer? Weezer!
  • supernova1324supernova1324 Headliner
    edited April 2009

We need to make General an extension of HoR.
    edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2214318 said:
    Would that be yourself?
    nah, i think it was Timmay or someone

they like to make fun of us, someone said something like "you idiots argue for a week about who Geddy Lee took a dump on"

i still think we should go through with my plan

Operation: Pharoh Hitler
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, we've drawn our own stereotypes. I guess that's what you get for enjoying music, haha.

Operation: Pharaoh Hitler? My curiosity is peaked.
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2214629 said:
    Yeah, we've drawn our own stereotypes. I guess that's what you get for enjoying music, haha.

Operation: Pharaoh Hitler? My curiosity is peaked.
    AIM for explanation, lol
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Rockbandfan23467;2213344 said:
    Neither should B.B. King or Muddy Waters, because they are blues.
    And blues influenced rock n roll. Those artists also played some rock.
    Ultimatum;2213355 said:
    lolwut

Palmer is definitely far more adept at odd-time signatures than Peart. And don't bring up the ostinatto, that's pretty much the only feat of 4-way independence I've seen Peart pull off.
    So? Being able to play in odd time signatures doesn't make him better. Peart is technically better at actually playing the drums and percussion. I love Palmer, but Peart is a better drummer, even if it's by the slimmest of margins.
    Runesmith;2213853 said:
    I agree. I've always been in favor of just renaming it the Popular Music Hall of Fame, but eh...
    Lol yeah, that's good :cool:
    edited April 2009
    a21schizoidman;2214352 said:
    they like to make fun of us, someone said something like "you idiots argue for a week about who Geddy Lee took a dump on"
    I literally lmao'd when I read that. That's awesome
    edited April 2009
    Opinion: I thought the All-Star Jam at the RnRHoF was waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy too short, but it was still one of the most amazing things I have ever seen...I couldn't stop smiling
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Opinion:
    The Melvins are very diverse in their music it is hard to stick them into one genre
  • My name is FezMy name is Fez Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    a21schizoidman;2214307 said:
    I am totally going to do that now.
    Gowienczyk;2210824 said:
    Yeah, I never was an Radioidiot.
    hai be nice, emo kitteh is sensitive D: In all honesty, despite the fact that I really do have a raging erection for Radiohead, I'm smart enough not to parade them around like they're the greatest band ever, AND I'm smart enough to understand that if someone doesn't like them, it's not because they're not "enlightened" or something completely stupid like that. You know, something UneasyMonkey would try and throw at you.
    UneasyMonkey;2210941 said:
    :confused: Radiohead is one of the greatest and most influential modern artists, man. OK Computer is one of the best albums to come out in the past 15 years. Did you at least like Paranoid Android?
    As pretty much an all out fan of Radiohead: no. Just, no.
    timmay9;2211015 said:
    She told him not to do something, and he did it anyways. If she didn't ban him it would have been odd.
    Schiz already covered it, but, you know, he didn't DO anything punishable by a ban. Maybe a "LOL STFU" because the mod in question was pissy?
    Gowienczyk;2211197 said:
    Pablo Honey may be their weakest artistically, but that doesn't matter if they can't write anything that grabs your attention in that art of their later material.
    Exactly how I feel about Coldplay. Next time you lecture on me on them I am totally pulling out this quote.
    Gowienczyk;2211692 said:
    You sure do fail a lot.
    And not your run of the mill failing, either. It's pretty much like Hindenburg-Failing.
    UneasyMonkey;2211768 said:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Mr. Kite is awesome! Listen to it a few more times...or get Sgt. Pepper and listen to it with the album as a whole. You'll learn to appreciate it, at least. The only Beatles song I really hate, but still understand and respect, is Revolution 9
    Do you honestly assume that if someone doesn't like ONE SONG, let alone the band, that the OBVIOUS answer is they haven't listened to them enough? Do you know how ****ing arrogant that is? You put elitists to shame. I like the psychadelic work by The Beatles, but I don't like the pop work anywhere near as much. There are people that don't like them at all, so get the **** over it. God, I hate people like you.
    UneasyMonkey;2212567 said:
    You can't say Dream Theater is bad because all of the musicians are amazing at what they do. I'm fine with you not liking them, but it's totally wrong to say they are bad

And I don't know about that band you listed, but I'm not going to say they suck because I have never heard anything from them
    I actually can. Watch this: Playing technically for the sake of being technical is NOT a way to make good music. DT had some good work very early on in their careers, but with the onset of Jordan Rudess, songwriting went out the window. Their work post-Scenes From a Memory is garbage. Ridiculously technical garbage.
    UneasyMonkey;2212707 said:
    Now stop saying the Beatles suck when you haven't heard enough by them to clarify that
    People can dislike The Beatles while having heard a good amount of their work. It IS possible.
    Oscar-Rio;2214179 said:

proof

We should just purge them now O_o
    UneasyMonkey;2214966 said:
    I literally lmao'd when I read that. That's awesome
    Didn't see that post until your quote, that is indeed awesome XD

[/schizimpression]
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2215282 said:
    Opinion:
    The Melvins are very diverse in their music it is hard to stick them into one genre
    Definitely. I hate labeling them in my music library and switch between calling them doom metal (since it is inclusive of several of their styles) and grunge (just to trick friends into listening to them, haha).

Maybe I'll put them under the genre of 'awesome music'. Then I can put Zappa's stuff there, too.
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2215352 said:
    Definitely. I hate labeling them in my music library and switch between calling them doom metal (since it is inclusive of several of their styles) and grunge (just to trick friends into listening to them, haha).

Maybe I'll put them under the genre of 'awesome music'. Then I can put Zappa's stuff there, too.
    That works starting to get into Melvins discography liking so far (listening to nude with boots)
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2215360 said:
    That works starting to get into Melvins discography liking so far (listening to nude with boots)
    Good to see that you're liking them. So you checked out Stag? How did you like that?
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2215366 said:
    Good to see that you're liking them. So you checked out Stag? How did you like that?
    not yet plan to also checked to see if they were WMG (which they are not) here is to hoping for DLC :D
    edited April 2009
    Yup, they only stayed on a major label for three albums (three damn good albums, too) and that was Atlantic, so they're fair game :).
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2215378 said:
    Yup, they only stayed on a major label for three albums (three damn good albums, too) and that was Atlantic, so they're fair game :).
    listening to bit and I could see why you would recommend Stag has a good stoner rock feel to it :cool:
  • franticfishfranticfish Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    What would be a good starting point for The Melvins?
    edited April 2009
    franticfish;2215401 said:
    I started with Nude With Boots and went from their depends your musical preference though
    edited April 2009
    franticfish;2215401 said:
    Since you're on the doomier side of things, check out Houdini. You won't regret it!