Randomly Crap Out Your Opinions Thread

Comments

• a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2214629 said:
    Yeah, we've drawn our own stereotypes. I guess that's what you get for enjoying music, haha.

Operation: Pharaoh Hitler? My curiosity is peaked.
    AIM for explanation, lol
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Rockbandfan23467;2213344 said:
    Neither should B.B. King or Muddy Waters, because they are blues.
    And blues influenced rock n roll. Those artists also played some rock.
    Ultimatum;2213355 said:
    lolwut

Palmer is definitely far more adept at odd-time signatures than Peart. And don't bring up the ostinatto, that's pretty much the only feat of 4-way independence I've seen Peart pull off.
    So? Being able to play in odd time signatures doesn't make him better. Peart is technically better at actually playing the drums and percussion. I love Palmer, but Peart is a better drummer, even if it's by the slimmest of margins.
    Runesmith;2213853 said:
    I agree. I've always been in favor of just renaming it the Popular Music Hall of Fame, but eh...
    Lol yeah, that's good :cool:
    edited April 2009
    a21schizoidman;2214352 said:
    they like to make fun of us, someone said something like "you idiots argue for a week about who Geddy Lee took a dump on"
    I literally lmao'd when I read that. That's awesome
    edited April 2009
    Opinion: I thought the All-Star Jam at the RnRHoF was waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy too short, but it was still one of the most amazing things I have ever seen...I couldn't stop smiling
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Opinion:
    The Melvins are very diverse in their music it is hard to stick them into one genre
  • My name is FezMy name is Fez Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    a21schizoidman;2214307 said:
    i saw someone attempted to impersonator me :p
    I am totally going to do that now.
    Gowienczyk;2210824 said:
    Yeah, I never was an Radioidiot.
    hai be nice, emo kitteh is sensitive D: In all honesty, despite the fact that I really do have a raging erection for Radiohead, I'm smart enough not to parade them around like they're the greatest band ever, AND I'm smart enough to understand that if someone doesn't like them, it's not because they're not "enlightened" or something completely stupid like that. You know, something UneasyMonkey would try and throw at you.
    UneasyMonkey;2210941 said:
    :confused: Radiohead is one of the greatest and most influential modern artists, man. OK Computer is one of the best albums to come out in the past 15 years. Did you at least like Paranoid Android?
    As pretty much an all out fan of Radiohead: no. Just, no.
    timmay9;2211015 said:
    She told him not to do something, and he did it anyways. If she didn't ban him it would have been odd.
    Schiz already covered it, but, you know, he didn't DO anything punishable by a ban. Maybe a "LOL STFU" because the mod in question was pissy?
    Gowienczyk;2211197 said:
    Pablo Honey may be their weakest artistically, but that doesn't matter if they can't write anything that grabs your attention in that art of their later material.
    Exactly how I feel about Coldplay. Next time you lecture on me on them I am totally pulling out this quote.
    Gowienczyk;2211692 said:
    You sure do fail a lot.
    And not your run of the mill failing, either. It's pretty much like Hindenburg-Failing.
    UneasyMonkey;2211768 said:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Mr. Kite is awesome! Listen to it a few more times...or get Sgt. Pepper and listen to it with the album as a whole. You'll learn to appreciate it, at least. The only Beatles song I really hate, but still understand and respect, is Revolution 9
    Do you honestly assume that if someone doesn't like ONE SONG, let alone the band, that the OBVIOUS answer is they haven't listened to them enough? Do you know how ****ing arrogant that is? You put elitists to shame. I like the psychadelic work by The Beatles, but I don't like the pop work anywhere near as much. There are people that don't like them at all, so get the **** over it. God, I hate people like you.
    UneasyMonkey;2212567 said:
    You can't say Dream Theater is bad because all of the musicians are amazing at what they do. I'm fine with you not liking them, but it's totally wrong to say they are bad

And I don't know about that band you listed, but I'm not going to say they suck because I have never heard anything from them
    I actually can. Watch this: Playing technically for the sake of being technical is NOT a way to make good music. DT had some good work very early on in their careers, but with the onset of Jordan Rudess, songwriting went out the window. Their work post-Scenes From a Memory is garbage. Ridiculously technical garbage.
    UneasyMonkey;2212707 said:
    Now stop saying the Beatles suck when you haven't heard enough by them to clarify that
    People can dislike The Beatles while having heard a good amount of their work. It IS possible.
    Oscar-Rio;2214179 said:
    i think that more than 75% of this message board sucks at posting on message boards.

proof

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132871
    We should just purge them now O_o
    UneasyMonkey;2214966 said:
    I literally lmao'd when I read that. That's awesome
    Didn't see that post until your quote, that is indeed awesome XD

[/schizimpression]
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2215282 said:
    Opinion:
    The Melvins are very diverse in their music it is hard to stick them into one genre
    Definitely. I hate labeling them in my music library and switch between calling them doom metal (since it is inclusive of several of their styles) and grunge (just to trick friends into listening to them, haha).

Maybe I'll put them under the genre of 'awesome music'. Then I can put Zappa's stuff there, too.
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2215352 said:
    Definitely. I hate labeling them in my music library and switch between calling them doom metal (since it is inclusive of several of their styles) and grunge (just to trick friends into listening to them, haha).

Maybe I'll put them under the genre of 'awesome music'. Then I can put Zappa's stuff there, too.
    That works starting to get into Melvins discography liking so far (listening to nude with boots)
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2215360 said:
    That works starting to get into Melvins discography liking so far (listening to nude with boots)
    Good to see that you're liking them. So you checked out Stag? How did you like that?
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2215366 said:
    Good to see that you're liking them. So you checked out Stag? How did you like that?
    not yet plan to also checked to see if they were WMG (which they are not) here is to hoping for DLC :D
    edited April 2009
    Yup, they only stayed on a major label for three albums (three damn good albums, too) and that was Atlantic, so they're fair game :).
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2215378 said:
    Yup, they only stayed on a major label for three albums (three damn good albums, too) and that was Atlantic, so they're fair game :).
    listening to bit and I could see why you would recommend Stag has a good stoner rock feel to it :cool:
  • franticfishfranticfish Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    What would be a good starting point for The Melvins?
    edited April 2009
    franticfish;2215401 said:
    I started with Nude With Boots and went from their depends your musical preference though
    edited April 2009
    franticfish;2215401 said:
    Since you're on the doomier side of things, check out Houdini. You won't regret it!
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2215405 said:
    Since you're on the doomier side of things, check out Houdini. You won't regret it!
    I finally got into doom metal through Death Prog. :)

Weird things happen when you combine a genre you like with a genre you use to not like :)
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2215418 said:
    I finally got into doom metal through Death Prog. :)

Weird things happen when you combine a genre you like with a genre you use to not like :)
    What doom have you been listening to?
    edited April 2009
    franticfish;2215429 said:
    What doom have you been listening to?
    Not much personally I do not know much Doom unless Death is doom :o

EDIT: Mastodon I listen to them
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2215460 said:

Some awesome accessible doom/stoner bands: Saint Vitus, Reverend Bizarre, Sleep, Electric Wizard and Acid Witch. The last too and quite a bit 'heavier' or 'brutal' than the rest. (Just in case you wanna give doom a try)
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2009
    From the Rock and Roll HoF last night:

Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page: Beck's Bolero (Immigrant Song medley)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcVHtz56Psk

The finale all-star jam: Train Kept a-rollin
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HnEPqk1PnQ

Since when did Jimmy Page become a rhythm guitarist? lol. You can see Joe Perry give Jimmy his queue but he doesn't take off.
    edited April 2009
    I've always liked Jeff Beck more than Jimmy Page
    edited April 2009
    franticfish;2215479 said:
    Some awesome accessible doom/stoner bands: Saint Vitus, Reverend Bizarre, Sleep, Electric Wizard and Acid Witch. The last too and quite a bit 'heavier' or 'brutal' than the rest. (Just in case you wanna give doom a try)
    Thanks will take those into consideration :)
  • MronoCMronoC Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2215352 said:

I don't think sludge would be too far off for a lot of their early work, kind of doom metal with hardcore punk influences.
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2215460 said:

Check out

Hour of 13
    Candlemass
    Agalloch
    Winter
    Swallow the Sun

if you want more Doom.
  • gmarshgmarsh Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Xaris3514;1498801 said:
    Nirvana sucks. That is all.
    You got that right, man!

Bohemian Rhapsody sucks :cool:

Who said that?
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Random opinion: I'm not sure why anyone would fanatically devoted themselves to their hate of a band long disbanded.
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    instantdeath999;2215757 said:
    Random opinion: I'm not sure why anyone would fanatically devoted themselves to their hate of a band long disbanded.
    lack of anything constructive to do with their lives?
    edited April 2009
    Soror_YZBL;2215776 said:
    lack of anything constructive to do with their lives?
    :confused: but I don't do that at all...

...I focus my hate on bands that are still active, like Hinder.
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    MronoC;2215788 said:
    :confused: but I don't do that at all...

...I focus my hate on bands that are still active, like Hinder.
    hating them is too active, I prefer to just ignore them. Who the hell is hinder?
    edited April 2009
    Soror_YZBL;2215801 said:
    hating them is too active, I prefer to just ignore them. Who the hell is hinder?
    Living in Oklahoma, ignoring them isn't as viable an option.