Randomly Crap Out Your Opinions Thread

Comments

  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    i'm not sure if i feel disappointed or relieved that i can still go through yet another bright eyes phase.
  • timmay9timmay9 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    RO: People saying Frank Zappa is overrated on these forums is a moronic statement. There's like 7 or 8 of us who worship him.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    timmay9;2219309 said:
    RO: People saying Frank Zappa is overrated on these forums is a moronic statement. There's like 7 or 8 of us who worship him.
    I think the Rush and Dream Theater love on this forum is also vastly overestimated.
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    timmay9;2219309 said:
    RO: People saying Frank Zappa is overrated on these forums is a moronic statement. There's like 7 or 8 of us who worship him.
    And you are all sinners :p
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    instantdeath999;2219314 said:
    I think the Rush and Dream Theater love on this forum is also vastly overestimated.
    Well, back when I first started posting, there were TONS of Rush fans, not so much anymore.
  • FourstringOrionFourstringOrion Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    Random Opinion: The Gaslight Anthem is a vastly unnoticed band, and it's a darn shame.
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Ultimatum;2219354 said:
    Well, back when I first started posting, there were TONS of Rush fans, not so much anymore.
    Yeah, it was like a fad...back when HMX would always release songs by them. The same goes for Boston when the Boston pack was released and some time thereafter
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2219346 said:
    And you are all sinners :p
    Neigh, for we believe in the one true god! Haha
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited April 2009
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2219422 said:
    Neigh, for we believe in the one true god! Haha
    Please forgive as I have sinned... I have listened to 2 Zappa songs
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2219428 said:
    Please forgive as I have sinned... I have listened to 2 Zappa songs
    Blashpemy! Throw him into the fire!
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2219428 said:
    Please forgive as I have sinned... I have listened to 2 Zappa songs
    Neigh, we shall not burn, but educate! Pick up the Strictly Commercial compilation, listen in full then move onto full albums and ye shall be saved!
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2219435 said:
    Neigh, we shall not burn, but educate! Pick up the Strictly Commercial compilation, listen in full then move onto full albums and ye shall be saved!
    That also works. :P
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2219435 said:
    Neigh, we shall not burn, but educate! Pick up the Strictly Commercial compilation, listen in full then move onto full albums and ye shall be saved!
    if not, then we whip him
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    a21schizoidman;2219426 said:
    LMAO. That explains A LOT. And I thought you guys didn't have any senses of humour. The posts after this link and above mine are great too. I like how you guys always put "Zappa" in all red.

    And 2 songs??? I honestly don't know a lot about Zappa (especially compared to these "church followers"), but I've heard more than a few songs. Check out his You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore live albums. They are teh win.

    And a21, is your pic of the lead singer of Epica?
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2219478 said:

    And a21, is your pic of the lead singer of Epica?
    yes, Simone Simons is my avi
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2219478 said:
    LMAO. That explains A LOT. And I thought you guys didn't have any senses of humour. The posts after this link and above mine are great too. I like how you guys always put "Zappa" in all red.

    And 2 songs??? I honestly don't know a lot about Zappa (especially compared to these "church followers"), but I've heard more than a few songs. Check out his You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore live albums. They are teh win.

    And a21, is your pic of the lead singer of Epica?
    The red is just highlighting a word, which I guess came from the fact that Schiz searched for the topic.

    We are the new chosen people :p
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    I think highlighting Zappa in red could be funny. Everyone do it, even if you don't know/like Zappa ;)

    Being the fanboy that I am, I am also obliged to highlight John Lennon in red.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    instantdeath999;2219511 said:
    I think highlighting Zappa in red could be funny. Everyone do it, even if you don't know/like Zappa ;)

    Being the fanboy that I am, I am also obliged to highlight John Lennon in red.
    Ya know that might be funny...

    General hates me talking about Japan, so why not hi-lite Japan in red.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    ^I like it.

    I actually don't really have anything I'm fanatically devoted to enough to highlight in red, though.
  • FourstringOrionFourstringOrion Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    instantdeath999;2219520 said:
    ^I like it.

    I actually don't really have anything I'm fanatically devoted to enough to highlight in red, though.

    You just gave me a wonderful/annoying idea there :p.


    RO: I think Mastodon sound better with the clean vocals, I think it fit's their style better.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2009
    I like Beck, so I'm highlighting Beck in red.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    Alright_Computer;2219536 said:
    I like Beck, so I'm highlighting Beck in red.
    This sounds like an awesome idea... almost as awesome as Japan
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2219504 said:
    The red is just highlighting a word, which I guess came from the fact that Schiz searched for the topic.

    We are the new chosen people :p
    O ok. I just looked at your "Rocker Profile" (Hungryfreak), and you do kinda look like Zappa :eek:

    Btw, a good bassist would be Mike Rutherford. He can play the guitar and bass at the same time! Or maybe Tony Levin. He's *really* good, and he played with two gods or forces of nature or w/e (Fripp in King Crimson and Bozzio); and toured with Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, and Howe
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Lol that highlighting stuff is awesome. You guys know who I'm highlighting...
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited April 2009
    FourstringOrion;2219532 said:
    RO: I think Mastodon sound better with the clean vocals, I think it fit's their style better.
    I think their vocals fit fine the way they've used them. Clean fits better on Crack The Skye, dirty sounds better on others.

    Im deciding to have a bit of fun and accept requests from friends of albums they want me to listen to and review on Facebook. I figure it will give me a chance to listen to genres I'm usually not exposed to. Got one request so far for a Unicorns album, definitely not stuff I normally listen to. Can't say I'll like it, but it should be a fun adventure nonetheless.
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2219539 said:
    O ok. I just looked at your "Rocker Profile" (Hungryfreak), and you do kinda look like Zappa :eek:
    And that isn't even intentional, haha.
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2219548 said:
    Im deciding to have a bit of fun and accept requests from friends of albums they want me to listen to and review on Facebook. I figure it will give me a chance to listen to genres I'm usually not exposed to. Got one request so far for a Unicorns album, definitely not stuff I normally listen to. Can't say I'll like it, but it should be a fun adventure nonetheless.
    That's pretty cool. Try to make the bad reviews or reviews of albums you hate funny
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    instantdeath999;2219511 said:
    I think highlighting Zappa in red could be funny. Everyone do it, even if you don't know/like Zappa ;)

    Being the fanboy that I am, I am also obliged to highlight John Lennon in red.
    For those of you who have known me long enough you know what I will highlight in red ;)

    Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Keith Emerson
  • MronoCMronoC Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Maybe I should start posting The Dead Brothers and Voodoo Rhythm Records in red, because I've mentioned them in about half my posts since discovering them. Of course probably no one's noticed because of how little I post.
Sign In or Register to comment.