edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2219428 said:
    Please forgive as I have sinned... I have listened to 2 Zappa songs
    Blashpemy! Throw him into the fire!
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Zeleii;2219428 said:
    Please forgive as I have sinned... I have listened to 2 Zappa songs
    Neigh, we shall not burn, but educate! Pick up the Strictly Commercial compilation, listen in full then move onto full albums and ye shall be saved!
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2219435 said:
    Neigh, we shall not burn, but educate! Pick up the Strictly Commercial compilation, listen in full then move onto full albums and ye shall be saved!
    That also works. :P
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2219435 said:
    if not, then we whip him
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    a21schizoidman;2219426 said:
    LMAO. That explains A LOT. And I thought you guys didn't have any senses of humour. The posts after this link and above mine are great too. I like how you guys always put "Zappa" in all red.

And 2 songs??? I honestly don't know a lot about Zappa (especially compared to these "church followers"), but I've heard more than a few songs. Check out his You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore live albums. They are teh win.

And a21, is your pic of the lead singer of Epica?
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2219478 said:

yes, Simone Simons is my avi
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2219478 said:
    LMAO. That explains A LOT. And I thought you guys didn't have any senses of humour. The posts after this link and above mine are great too. I like how you guys always put "Zappa" in all red.

And 2 songs??? I honestly don't know a lot about Zappa (especially compared to these "church followers"), but I've heard more than a few songs. Check out his You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore live albums. They are teh win.

The red is just highlighting a word, which I guess came from the fact that Schiz searched for the topic.

We are the new chosen people :p
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    I think highlighting Zappa in red could be funny. Everyone do it, even if you don't know/like Zappa ;)

Being the fanboy that I am, I am also obliged to highlight John Lennon in red.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    instantdeath999;2219511 said:
    I think highlighting Zappa in red could be funny. Everyone do it, even if you don't know/like Zappa ;)

Ya know that might be funny...

General hates me talking about Japan, so why not hi-lite Japan in red.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    ^I like it.

I actually don't really have anything I'm fanatically devoted to enough to highlight in red, though.
  • FourstringOrionFourstringOrion Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    instantdeath999;2219520 said:
    ^I like it.

I actually don't really have anything I'm fanatically devoted to enough to highlight in red, though.

You just gave me a wonderful/annoying idea there :p.

RO: I think Mastodon sound better with the clean vocals, I think it fit's their style better.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2009
    I like Beck, so I'm highlighting Beck in red.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited April 2009
    Alright_Computer;2219536 said:
    I like Beck, so I'm highlighting Beck in red.
    This sounds like an awesome idea... almost as awesome as Japan
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2219504 said:
    The red is just highlighting a word, which I guess came from the fact that Schiz searched for the topic.

We are the new chosen people :p
    O ok. I just looked at your "Rocker Profile" (Hungryfreak), and you do kinda look like Zappa :eek:

Btw, a good bassist would be Mike Rutherford. He can play the guitar and bass at the same time! Or maybe Tony Levin. He's *really* good, and he played with two gods or forces of nature or w/e (Fripp in King Crimson and Bozzio); and toured with Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, and Howe
    edited April 2009
    Lol that highlighting stuff is awesome. You guys know who I'm highlighting...
    edited April 2009
    FourstringOrion;2219532 said:
    RO: I think Mastodon sound better with the clean vocals, I think it fit's their style better.
    I think their vocals fit fine the way they've used them. Clean fits better on Crack The Skye, dirty sounds better on others.

Im deciding to have a bit of fun and accept requests from friends of albums they want me to listen to and review on Facebook. I figure it will give me a chance to listen to genres I'm usually not exposed to. Got one request so far for a Unicorns album, definitely not stuff I normally listen to. Can't say I'll like it, but it should be a fun adventure nonetheless.
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2219539 said:
    O ok. I just looked at your "Rocker Profile" (Hungryfreak), and you do kinda look like Zappa :eek:
    And that isn't even intentional, haha.
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2219548 said:
    Im deciding to have a bit of fun and accept requests from friends of albums they want me to listen to and review on Facebook. I figure it will give me a chance to listen to genres I'm usually not exposed to. Got one request so far for a Unicorns album, definitely not stuff I normally listen to. Can't say I'll like it, but it should be a fun adventure nonetheless.
    That's pretty cool. Try to make the bad reviews or reviews of albums you hate funny
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    instantdeath999;2219511 said:

For those of you who have known me long enough you know what I will highlight in red ;)

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Keith Emerson
  • MronoCMronoC Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Maybe I should start posting The Dead Brothers and Voodoo Rhythm Records in red, because I've mentioned them in about half my posts since discovering them. Of course probably no one's noticed because of how little I post.
  • LolicatLolicat Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Bjork's Modern Things is clearly about Transformers, amirite?
    edited April 2009
    Random Opinion:
    Mike Oldfield is a musical genius ;)

Surprised there are not request threads for his music
  • My name is FezMy name is Fez Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Just to go along with the Zappa discussion: I've heard like, 1 or 2 albums if that counts for anything, but I doubt I could pick them out by name.
    edited April 2009
    back_blows;2220668 said:
    It would be so awesome to have that song in a game, let alone other songs by Crimson. I'd rather have it in Rock Band of course. Knowing GH, they would probably chart the sax solo on guitar...:rolleyes:
    edited April 2009
    My name is Fez;2220841 said:
    Just to go along with the Zappa discussion: I've heard like, 1 or 2 albums if that counts for anything, but I doubt I could pick them out by name.
    For Zappa depends on the albums
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Hungryfreak;2219548 said:

This does sound like fun.

Here are a few iconic post-punk (a genre I don't think you've explored before?) albums mixed with a couple of my favorites:

The Smiths - The Queen is Dead
    The Cure - The Head on The Door and Disintegration
    Joy Division - Substance (Out of all the albums I listed, I think you'd probably enjoy this one the most since a lot of the songs are steeped heavily in the punk tradition)
    Bauhaus - In The Flat Field
    Love & Rockets - Express (I think you'd like the more psychedelic approach of L&R quite a bit, too)
    Devo - Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo
    The Jesus & Mary Chain - Psychocandy
    New Order - Movement and Power, Corruption & Lies
    Roxy Music - Roxy Music, Siren, and For Your Pleasure
    Talking Heads - Their entire discography. The Heads might be one of the most consistent rock bands ever.
    Sparks - Angst In My Pants
    David Bowie - Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)
    Suicide - Suicide
    Siouxsie & The Banshees - Tinderbox
    Oingo Boingo - Only A Lad
    Depeche Mode - Black Celebration
    edited April 2009
    Actually, one of my friends did bring up that Smiths album, haha. And I know Talking Heads, Jesus & Mary Chain, David Bowie, Devo and Roxy Music of course, though I'll have to check out the rest eventually.

Thanks, though. I do need to delve a bit into post punk, among other genres.
    edited April 2009
    Ugh...I hate post-punk