Randomly Crap Out Your Opinions Thread

Comments

• theholytacotheholytaco Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    Stephan Grossman is an amazing guitarist.
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Tubular Bells is incredibly amazing. I felt so many emotions while listening to it. Mike Oldfield is a genius. I especially like the part where Vivian Stanshall lists the different instruments before they are played near the end on part one.
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2224680 said:
    Tubular Bells is incredibly amazing. I felt so many emotions while listening to it. Mike Oldfield is a genius. I especially like the part where Vivian Stanshall lists the different instruments before they are played near the end on part one.
    yeah, my fav. is the part near the middle of Pt. 1 with the "guitar solo" just gets me in an upbeat mood everytime i hear it
  • Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Beyond lyrics I wrote for a song called walking blight, I never rhyme
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    Onslaught_fei;2224826 said:
    Never need to rhyme it just helps the catchiness of the lyrics I tend to rhyme when it is needed, but some story songs do not need rhymes
    edited April 2009
    punkfan;2223833 said:
    Random opinion- Matt Freeman=Greatest Bassist Ever. (examples-Maxwell Murder, Axiom, Rats In The Hallway)
    Chris Squire >>>>>>>>>>>>> Matt Freeman
  • LolicatLolicat Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Did I post here last night? I'm retracing what I did to people... :( So far alcohol made me tell many people on Facebook that I'd shag Vladimir Putin, write all over my arms, do kareoke and... I don't remember :(
  • kwami42kwami42 Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Lolicat;2225261 said:
    Did I post here last night? I'm retracing what I did to people... :( So far alcohol made me tell many people on Facebook that I'd shag Vladimir Putin, write all over my arms, do kareoke and... I don't remember :(
    Sounds like a good night. :p
    edited April 2009
    Lolicat;2225261 said:
    Must have been some good stuff then :D
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2225280 said:
    Must have been some good stuff then :D
    3/4's of a 70cl bottle of vodka, I've gotten weaker. Still, I think I had fun.

I ate all my cheese though... :(
    edited April 2009
    Lolicat;2225302 said:

I ate all my cheese though... :(
    Cheese is good

Random Opinion:
    The easiest way to venture into new genres is to take a genre you listen to and find bands that blend it with the genre you are trying to get into (worked for me and death Prog.)
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2225316 said:
    Random Opinion:
    The easiest way to venture into new genres is to take a genre you listen to and find bands that blend it with the genre you are trying to get into (worked for me and death Prog.)
    That's what I do, often, so I'll back you up here.
    edited April 2009
    Lolicat;2225321 said:
    That's what I do, often, so I'll back you up here.
    Worked for me for Death Prog. and alternative/indie rock (not as much though)
  • MronoCMronoC Road Warrior
    edited April 2009
    Onslaught_fei;2224826 said:
    Everything I wrote until a few months ago rhymed and it was all awful, save for one set of lyrics where the rhymes just kind of came naturally.
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, I dislike rhyming normally. I'll rhyme in lyrics when it feels right, which can be surprisingly often when I imagine the songs they would fit into, but for poetry and such, I prefer to avoid it.
  • timmay9timmay9 Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    I try not to do overrhyming. I usually like to tell a story with my lyrics. I have also never written a "true" love song.
  • UneasyMonkeyUneasyMonkey Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2225196 said:
    Chris Squire >>>>>>>>>>>>> Matt Freeman
    Agreed. But Geddy Lee > Chris Squire
    Fizzeler;2225316 said:
    Cheese is good

Random Opinion:
    I definitely agree with both statements. I had always liked Steely Dan, but after getting into Traffic (prog: psych, jazz fusion), I started getting more into Steely Dan (full on jazz rock) and enjoying all their music. Now that I think about it, Dream Theater might have helped me get more into prog. I had always liked metal and bands like Yes, but I didn't know much about prog before I listened to DT. They made me discover that I LOVE long songs with varying themes and instrumental breaks
    edited April 2009
    UneasyMonkey;2226249 said:
    Agreed. But Geddy Lee > Chris Squire

I definitely agree with both statements. I had always liked Steely Dan, but after getting into Traffic (prog: psych, jazz fusion), I started getting more into Steely Dan (full on jazz rock) and enjoying all their music. Now that I think about it, Dream Theater might have helped me get more into prog. I had always liked metal and bands like Yes, but I didn't know much about prog before I listened to DT. They made me discover that I LOVE long songs with varying themes and instrumental breaks
    No just no Chris Squire is about equal to Geddy Lee, but is definitely the better of the two

Dream Theater is not even close to one of the best examples of Prog.
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2226274 said:
    No just no Chris Squire is better than Geddy Lee
    I say they're pretty equal. :cool:
    edited April 2009
    JukeBoxHero;2226300 said:
    I say they're pretty equal. :cool:
    I can roll with that :D
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2226305 said:
    I can roll with that :D
    I mean no offense man, but Squire has his less complicated moments while Geddy always kept his line of the same complexity for the most part.

I mean take this to this (Also if you want to learn some Chris Squire bass lines starting out, I recommend this as one of the tracks).

Then take this to this

I'm just saying keep that in mind. :)
    edited April 2009
    JukeBoxHero;2226345 said:
    I mean no offense man, but Squire has his less complicated moments while Geddy always kept his line of the same complexity for the most part.

I mean take this to this (Also if you want to learn some Chris Squire bass lines starting out, I recommend this as one of the tracks).

Then take this to this

I'm just saying keep that in mind. :)
    then there are the really complex moments like this and this as well as most of his stuff from Drama which I have to say surprised me
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2226412 said:
    then there are the really complex moments like this and this as well as most of his stuff from Drama which I have to say surprised me
    Ah Drama shouldn't surprise you. :) Chris was the leader of the band at that point and probably had more room to put some awesome stuff in the songs. I was just saying Geddy is a very good bassist in my opinion, he can tango with Squire. :cool:
    edited April 2009
    JukeBoxHero;2226426 said:
    Ah Drama shouldn't surprise you. :) Chris was the leader of the band at that point and probably had more room to put some awesome stuff in the songs. I was just saying Geddy is a very good bassist in my opinion, he can tango with Squire. :cool:
    If the 2 worked together I could see something good out of it Geddy's voice and keyboard skills would work well with Chris's basslines or duo bass :D
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited April 2009
    My post count got snubbed, lol.
  • back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    I find both your custom title and post-count snubbing to be quite juvenile.
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited April 2009
    Well what can you do? Amateur administration (or in this case moderator faculty) will be amateurish / childish. However, why do they assume deleting my post count hurts my ego or anything of that sort?

I come here to talk and state my opinion, not get invisible numbers that don't matter. :)
    edited April 2009
    Fizzeler;2226455 said:
    If the 2 worked together I could see something good out of it Geddy's voice and keyboard skills would work well with Chris's basslines or duo bass :D
    That would be cool, the influence(Squire) and the results(Lee) working together. :D Don't forget that Chris does backing vocals, an important quality to Yes' sound. Their vocals together would be interesting to say the least.
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited April 2009
    back_blows;2226485 said:
    I find both your custom title and post-count snubbing to be quite juvenile.
    General is full of juvenilles, which is why (my much mentioned, to the point i think some people are getting annoyed by it) plan has been devised

Operation: Pharaoh Hitler
  • supernova1324supernova1324 Headliner
    edited April 2009
    a21schizoidman;2226504 said:
    General is full of juvenilles, which is why (my much mentioned, to the point i think some people are getting annoyed by it) plan has been devised

Operation: Pharaoh Hitler
    do tell.